If you want to see toughness in sports, look no further than Wayne Simmonds of the Flyers....

Originally Posted by romedadude

Damn, he is tough. The NHL hasn't made visors mandatory yet?

Not to change the direction of the thread or anything, but for black America to get interested in hockey it's going to take a POLARIZING black player to play the sport. My hometown team, the Thrashers had 6 (or 7?) black players last season and I'm certain very few black people in Atlanta knew that. I'm a casual fan of hockey and I enjoy and understand the sport, but I hate that many black people pay little attention to this great sport.
Regarding visors, I think the NHL will eventually make it a grandfather rule.  If you're in the league before 2012, you don't have to wear one.  Any players who come into the league after...mandatory.  It's kinda like how they did with helmets.  I could see them doing something like this in due time. 

Honestly, I think any other city and there MIGHT have been some raised interest in the black community for a team having 6 black players like the Thrashers did last year.  Atlanta is a HORRIBLE hockey city.  This is the 2nd time that they've lost a hockey team (Flames back in the day). 

There are more minorities playing the sport and it's great to see. 

Fun fact...

tumblr_lwig4uxPuV1qzwgteo1_400.jpg

Popeye Jones' son...

seth-jones.jpg

Seth Jones, will be a 1st round pick in 2013. 

Simmonds is appreciated....but I gotta go with my dude Jordin Tootoo. Grew up watching him play for the Milwaukee Admirals before he went off to the Predators.
His life story is pretty crazy as well, which could be the reason he's tough as nails. He's a legitimate Inuk.

"If you wanna chirp.. at the end of the day you're gonna be the one feeling like $##%. If thats all you got it, !@@% it, drop the gloves and lets go" 
pimp.gif

PK subban is polarizing, in canada though, I knew it when an announcer said he should do things the "white way"
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Too much swag, making white people uncomfortable, hockeys not use to it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dmxfury

'Toughest' team sport there is

Getting stitches and medical treatment on the bench so you can get in your next shift is insane
this

even the "finesse" guys take pucks to the face, get stitched up, and are back on the ice 5 minutes later...

Back
Top Bottom