michael-vick-injury.jpg

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Brady
Manning (both)
Rodgers
Big Ben
Brees

All other 26 teams why bother

Y'all call me when someone else wins....

Stafford?
Vick?
Schaub?

Hell, Cutler made the Bears look like a good team.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Brady
Manning (both)
Rodgers
Big Ben
Brees

All other 26 teams why bother

Y'all call me when someone else wins....

Stafford?
Vick?
Schaub?

Hell, Cutler made the Bears look like a good team.
Yea I was about to say, wasn't sure if FinallyFamous was using sarcasm or not.

I'm just saying since 04 no QB other than those I listed have won a SB

I don't trust another one to get there until they actually do.

Sanchez & Flacco have been in 2 AFC titles, and neither are elite IMO

Big Ben Elite?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But yeah its a passing league now, blame the rules and casual fans who want to see both teams drop 30+ instead of playing hardnosed defensive games that end 14-10

I'm just saying since 04 no QB other than those I listed have won a SB

I don't trust another one to get there until they actually do.

Sanchez & Flacco have been in 2 AFC titles, and neither are elite IMO
so in 8 years only (sarcasm) 6 quarterbacks have won the superbowl...

coincidentally all of those 6 were elevated to elite status AFTER they won (sans Peyton) and you guys are trying to imply this means anything?

8 years but when will it end?

AFC - Steelers. Patriots. Colts (maybe?)

NFC - Packers. Saints. Giants.

I just don't know when another team will win..

There are MULTIPLE QB's who have gigantic potential but until they play in February...

Antidope wrote:
Big Ben Elite?

But yeah its a passing league now, blame the rules and casual fans who want to see both teams drop 30+ instead of playing hardnosed defensive games that end 14-10

Big Ben not elite?
indifferent.gif

I'm surprised I haven't seen Romo's name in this thread.
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Top 10? Yes.

Elite? No.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Right... but that's 6 different people who BECAME elite upon winning their first Superbowl. All were considered "good" players UNTIL they won the first (or in Brady's case, his 2nd)... this argument is silly.

the word elite is thrown around a bit too lightly imo.

top 5 in a given season does not equal elite, imo. show me consistent play throughout a career. show me success and a winning track record throughout a career. you need some level of consistency before being put into that class.

Tired of the word elite but Eli is top 5 right now, don't care what anyone says.

I can't think of a bad QB that's been in the Super Bowl over the last decade besides Trent Dilfer and Kerry Collins.

What makes you elite is what you do in the 4th quarter. End of story. Who do you want with the ball with 2 minutes left to win the game. Eli is in that category and stats more than prove that point for me.
You're an idiot if you try and disagree.

Dilfer and Eli and Johnson

/thread
Originally Posted by holdupstop23

What makes you elite is what you do in the 4th quarter. End of story. Who do you want with the ball with 2 minutes left to win the game. Eli is in that category and stats more than prove that point for me.
You're an idiot if you try and disagree.
Unless you're good in those first 3 quarters ala Brady, Peyton, Rodgers. Moreover, Romo puts up huge numbers in the  4th to prove no point
But you're  an   idiot if  you dare contend this.

tebow is great in the 4th quarter if his team is still in it too....just sayin'

and no, not saying tebow is great or on eli's level

Don't care about stupid labels, just win NY a 2nd Superbowl Eli......the rest will follow.

People are missing the point. Yes, these QB's have won in 9* years (Eli or Brady wins this season of course), that's 6 in 9 seasons. Not bad. Now... going forward, you've still got Rodgers, Brees, Eli, and Big Ben in their primes. Brady is older but still a top QB. Point is, top QB's are the only ones getting it done. No longer can you get by with a Brad Johnson and stout D and win a ring. Just. not. possible.

This is like the chicken and the egg; are they elite because they win or do the win because they are elite. It like saying you have to be on a good team; heck by the time they reach the sb yeah they are pretty good. Ben roethlisberger is not and elite QB if you stuck him on the Cards or the Brown they would not make the playoff. Elite is like top 5 or 6 no sane person can argue Ben is a top 5 QB. 
tired.gif
So if Plaxico had dropped that pass would Eli be any less elite. Really both teams could have missed the playoff by 1 play not the greatness of the other team QB. 

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by DubA169

Is flacco top 10? he was one dropped pass from the SB

Smith was one fumble away from a SB
Nope. It comes down to W's and L's, and neither got the W.
ehhh it wasnt like eli really destroyed the niners.
alex smith is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. Your team is tied and you have two chances to atleast drive your team to a game winning field goal and both times you go 3 and out...in the last 3 minutes of the game....

i dont think you need a top 10 quarterback to win it all....

Back
Top Bottom