If you could walk in God or Satan's shoes, which would you lace up?

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@sillyputty. 
Even Meth must be saying tl;dr 

sillyputty's post actually made me think. *loads ammunition for next religious/philosophical debate with friends.*

Originally Posted by Dimelo

Originally Posted by jdi23

After seeing Silly putty's post don't even feel like answering. Not because he made a lot of sense (no shots....because I didn't even read the post), but I know where this is headed. Ill holla.
Basically
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jdi23

After seeing Silly putty's post don't even feel like answering. Not because he made a lot of sense (no shots....because I didn't even read the post), but I know where this is headed. Ill holla.

/thread
laugh.gif

I was just trying to offer another perspective for you all to think about...

The Satan figure in christian mythology is vilified it seems for the wrong reasons when we consider our own modern moral values and principles in the western world.

If the two were real entities, I assure you Satan would have more popularity because of the argument I presented on the first page.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

jimmybeanz wrote:
This (obviously for the agnotics and atheists) assumes both exist. If your name is sillyputty, just back back out of the thread.I'd have to be Satan. Being God would be tiresome, as humans are quite annoying with all their damb problems. As Satan, I could let chicks sacrifice themselves to me, then pipe them in Hell.

Some very insightful stuff here. I'm surprised I knew most of what you were talking about.
smokin.gif

I liked the part about where you were talking about the Sumerian gods. Most people would be surprised to know that some important parts of the bible came from Sumerian text, the story of the flood being a prime example.

Going along with the thread, I would prefer to be satan, since I recently read the Inferno and am curious to see dante's version of hell with my own eyes.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by dhart48

some of us already walking in satans shoes and dnt even know it                          

Realest %+!! I've ever read on here.
pimp.gif

Sillyputty, pace yourself next time so people actually read your posts. LOL that was probably by far the longest religious post i've seen from you

sillyputty
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
but good points, sir.
eek.gif

Surprised to not see Anton LaVey in this thread just yet.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

sillyputty
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
but good points, sir.
eek.gif

Surprised to not see Anton LaVey in this thread just yet.
nerd.gif
Thats what I'm happy to see.
And you can thank OP for the type of response too. 

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Could you imagine the sick, twisted, and horrible thoughts you'd hear as Satan though? You'd never look at anyone the same ever again whereas if you were God you'd hear genuine nice things and heartfelt stories of someone struggling just needing a little help to get by.

I'd still rather be in Satan's shoes, I'm messed up anyway.
not true at all, the idea of God is an omniscent, omnipresent being so you would hear the good and bad, if u were satan you wouldnt hear peoples thoughts at all, u would try and sway them to think negative thoughts

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Could you imagine the sick, twisted, and horrible thoughts you'd hear as Satan though? You'd never look at anyone the same ever again whereas if you were God you'd hear genuine nice things and heartfelt stories of someone struggling just needing a little help to get by.

not true at all, the idea of God is an omniscent, omnipresent being so you would hear the good and bad, if u were satan you wouldnt hear peoples thoughts at all, u would try and sway them to think negative thoughts
God is so omnipresent/scienst/potent - then why would it even fight the only angel that stood up to him, Lucifer? 
Read my post on the first page and tell me who the evil one actually is. This is just for the sake of discussion. 

yea silly putty is definitely the king of uber rants, that was ridic, but how could u choose Satan/Devil/Lucifer/Beelzebub when he WANTS you to do bad?

God is so omnipresent/scienst/potent - then why would it even fight the only angel that stood up to him, Lucifer? 
Read my post on the first page and tell me who the evil one actually is. This is just for the sake of discussion. 
God never fights Lucifer, he always loved Lucifer, God loves everything and has never killed anything, hes always left it to free will, call it part of his system of checks and balances, Lucifer fights God for his love, wasnt Lucifer the angel who loved God the most but also was too proud to bow before man because man is made from dirt and Lucifer was made of fire so God threw him from heaven

God never fights Lucifer, he always loved Lucifer, God loves everything and has never killed anything, hes always left it to free will, call it part of his system of checks and balances, Lucifer fights God for his love, wasnt Lucifer the angel who loved God the most but also was too proud to bow before man because man is made from dirt and Lucifer was made of fire so God threw him from heaven
Again, your omniscient/present/potent god either knows what will happen, or does not; is everywhere, or is not; or can do everything, or can not.
Its EITHER OR. 

If there is one thing you can't do, then you are not omnipotent.

If there is one thing you can't know, then you are not omniscient

If there is one place you can't be, then you are not omnipresent.

The god of the bible either knew lucifer would do BEFORE lucifer did it or it did not know. 

If it did know know then it is not omniscient. Period.

Either we have free will, or we don't. 

Either it was apart of the plan to have lucifer become the character he is seen as or he didn't. 

On top of that, talking about "man is made from dirt" and "lucifer was made of fire" is nonsense to me. You're talking like this is a game of Roshambo (Rock, Paper, Scissors) 

If you recall correctly, according to christian MYTHOLOGY, the "god" character cast the "lucifer" character out of "heaven" because the "lucifer" figure stood up to the "god" character's atrocities. 

On top of all of that, how does an omnipresent/scient/potent god fight for the "love" (or whatever nebulous terminology you're trying to ascribe here) of something that "god" created and supposedly knows everything about??? 

how many of these figures are there? Satan, GOD and the Creator of the Universe. I assume they play different roles in society if your in a certain position you will hop on the bandwagon of which ever i put up. How about you be yourself. sorry to roast the thread.

Back
Top Bottom