If you could relocate anywhere in the USA, where would it be and why? Advice needed

The question is what is your degree in and your intended job market. Though your job market is pretty lucrative, the city you choose is major. Some cities thrive more than others in certain job markets.

The question is what is your degree in and your intended job market. Though your job market is pretty lucrative, the city you choose is major. Some cities thrive more than others in certain job markets.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Seattle or Portland, it would be nice to actually breathe fresh air.
and bay area...
The bay area is VERY diversed, so if that's something you like, then settle here.

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Seattle or Portland, it would be nice to actually breathe fresh air.
and bay area...
The bay area is VERY diversed, so if that's something you like, then settle here.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

QFT. I'm from NYC but there's no way I'm going back simply because there's no demand for my major there. I'm better off in Seattle, or Socal. At the moment there's a 99% chance I will end up in St. Louis instead but I have no intention of staying there for more than 3-4 years. Gaining experience first regardless of location is my primary objective now.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

QFT. I'm from NYC but there's no way I'm going back simply because there's no demand for my major there. I'm better off in Seattle, or Socal. At the moment there's a 99% chance I will end up in St. Louis instead but I have no intention of staying there for more than 3-4 years. Gaining experience first regardless of location is my primary objective now.

Originally Posted by Swish 22

Florida has a good job market now? Really?
not "good", but "decent", meaning better than Cali where i'm living now.

Originally Posted by Swish 22

Florida has a good job market now? Really?
not "good", but "decent", meaning better than Cali where i'm living now.

Originally Posted by peks03

florida, because they do not have a state income tax and a decent job market. weather can be a little humid, but they do have beaches that face in all directions depending on where you are.
A little humid? Have you ever stepped foot in this sauna that we call a state?  You get off a plane and you can feel the humidity before you reach the terminal.  I break into a sweat just getting my mail.  If you're in Orlando you're nowhere near the water, Tampa and Miami is another story though.

And last I checked unemployment was still very high down here.  Depending on your profession of course, nursing I'm sure is doing well in the state, but generally it's rough here as well.

If I had to pick OP, I would say NYC.  Simply because I love the city and always wanted to move back.  But besides that, San Francisco would probably be at the top of the list as well.

Originally Posted by peks03

florida, because they do not have a state income tax and a decent job market. weather can be a little humid, but they do have beaches that face in all directions depending on where you are.
A little humid? Have you ever stepped foot in this sauna that we call a state?  You get off a plane and you can feel the humidity before you reach the terminal.  I break into a sweat just getting my mail.  If you're in Orlando you're nowhere near the water, Tampa and Miami is another story though.

And last I checked unemployment was still very high down here.  Depending on your profession of course, nursing I'm sure is doing well in the state, but generally it's rough here as well.

If I had to pick OP, I would say NYC.  Simply because I love the city and always wanted to move back.  But besides that, San Francisco would probably be at the top of the list as well.

Studio 8H, located on floors 8 and 9 of GE Building (30 Rockefeller Plaza, or "30 Rock").

c492548ed4e79dd521e3ad6eae8a0af991ffdbb.pjpg

Studio 8H, located on floors 8 and 9 of GE Building (30 Rockefeller Plaza, or "30 Rock").

c492548ed4e79dd521e3ad6eae8a0af991ffdbb.pjpg

Originally Posted by Executive76

Charlotte.

nice weather. mild winters. diverse. one of the fastest growing cities.

This is what pisses me off. I wanna move to Charlotte so bad but yall aint got no damn Medical schools for the misses

Originally Posted by Executive76

Charlotte.

nice weather. mild winters. diverse. one of the fastest growing cities.

This is what pisses me off. I wanna move to Charlotte so bad but yall aint got no damn Medical schools for the misses

Back
Top Bottom