if these three NBA players retired today, who should..

6.5 8.9 24.2
Rebounds Assists Points per game
Find me a year were Iverson or Kidd (Overrated son of a gun he is) can match up with those numbers and defence (1st team)

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

6.5 8.9 24.2
Rebounds Assists Points per game
Find me a year were Iverson or Kidd (Overrated son of a gun he is) can match up with those numbers and defence (1st team)

would you mind elaborating on that?

^
i believe he' refering to the fact that kidd cant score like that and iverson cant board and hasnt dished like that.

These are 3 of my favorite PGs so this is a tough one but I going to go with:

1. Iverson ( dude has played over 40 mins a game every single year of his career except 1997-98 which was 39:23
laugh.gif
...he is just a warrior out on the courtIMO)

2a. Kidd

2b. GP

But seriously, this is a straight up toss up and your opinion. You CANNOT go wrong.

AI just off the fact Kidd nor Payton has single handily carried their team to a finals without another premier scorer... payton had kemp, detlef meanwhile kiddhad 3 players in Kittles, Kmart and Jefferson who all averaged 13pts or better... Iverson took a team to the finals with aaron mckie as the second option

I would say:
1.) Iverson
2.) Kidd
3.) Payton

Back in '01 when Iverson took that Sixers team to the Finals he had less help than JKidd does now and in a stronger conference at the time. Kidd deservesit, but Iverson I think takes the chip.

All-NBA First Team

Kidd - 5
AI - 3
Payton - 2

Career Assists Rank

Kidd - 5 (9,221 - 9.2 APG)
Payton - 7 (8,966 - 6.7 APG)
Iverson - 47 (5,022 6.3 APG)

Career Points Rank

Iverson - 19
Payton - 22
Kidd - ? (not in the top 100)

MVP

Iverson - 1
Kidd - 0
Payton - 0

Defensive MVP

Payton - 1
Kidd - 0
Iverson -
laugh.gif

All-Defensive First Team

Payton - 9
Kidd - 4
Iverson -
embarassed.gif

Career Steals

Payton - 3 (1.8 SPG)
Kidd - 11 (2.0 SPG)
Iverson - 14 (2.3 SPG)

Career Stats (Playoffs)

Payton 16.3 PPG 46.6 FG% 3.9 RPG 6.7 APG (15.7 PPG 44.3 FG% 4.1 RPG 6.0 APG)
Kidd 14.3 PPG 40.1 FG% 6.7 RPG 9.2 APG (14.6 PPG 40.3 FG% 7.7 RPG 9.3 APG)
Iverson 27.8 PPG 42.4 FG% 3.8 RPG 6.3 APG (30.00 PPG 40.0 FG% 3.9 RPG 6.1 APG)

1. Payton
2. Kidd
3. AI

Career Points Rank

Iverson - 19
Payton - 22
Kidd - ? (not in the top 100)
i would've thought for sure a.i. was alot higher than that unless im reading it wrong but in any event

a.i.
payton
kidd

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

To me Paytons prime is more complete than Kidds or Iversons, but the beginning was slow and at the end he was a role player.

People are going to remember Payton as the role player he was the last couple years of his career and thats a shame- he was one of the best/most completeguards to ever play in his prime.

Back
Top Bottom