If the Brooklyn Dodgers never moved to LA, would any of you Mets/Yankees fans been Dodger fans?

:nerd:

Last edited:
What about the NY Giants? They left too man. You have to add them in the equation.

Mets wouldn't exist.

It comes down location. Most BK fans would have been from BK/Queens and Long Island I'd assume. Giant fans would probably be Manhattans/Jersey team, and the Yankees Bronx/Westchester. I'd guess there'd be more Yankee fans spread out tho because of the amount of winning.

Damn, NY would have the Dodgers, Giants, and Yankees. :x

I think you would have a nice variety. The Giants would be in Upper Manhattan, Dodgers would be in Brooklyn (obviously), and Yanks in the Bronx.

I'd be a Dodger fan before a Giant fan and no there would be no Mets as they are now. The Mets were created specifically cuz the Dodgers and Giants left. The thinking at the time was NY can and should have 2 baseball teams so they meshed the colors from both teams in to the new one. There was a whole thing about coming up with the team name too as I recall.

There is a possibility some rich billionaire bullies in a 4th NY baseball team though :lol:

Thought it was baseball common knowledge. Burroughs would be a little more divided, but yeah, Mets wouldn't exist.

Thought so too. I guess the Jackie Robinson rotunda at Citi Field or the resemblance of Ebbets Field in the architecture wasn't obvious enough. :lol:

Last edited:
I'd probably be a Dodgers fan. I'm a Yankees fan because of my dad, and he was born and raised in Brooklyn but was still a kid when the team moved.

Last edited:
Thought so too. I guess the Jackie Robinson rotunda at Citi Field or the resemblance of Ebbets Field in the architecture wasn't obvious enough. :lol:

I'm saying :lol:

I would've been a Dodgers fan more than likely, anything but the Yankees (I'm a NL person)

wow i really didnt know the mets colros were based on both teams either than again im a yankee fan, hard to bealive if NY would have 3 teams and who knows the Mets could of been a Long island team

Yup from Brooklyn...I am a Mets fan but if the Dodgers were here would definitely be a fan considering they played in Flatbush! :smokin

I must say I amazed at how many people did not know the history of where the Mets team colors originated from.

Last edited:
I would be a Dodgers fan.
And the colors of the NYC flag are orange and blue. Mets colors arent a "mash up" of NY Giants and BK Dodgers. Its also the Knicks colors for the same reason.

I would be a Dodgers fan.
And the colors of the NYC flag are orange and blue. Mets colors arent a "mash up" of NY Giants and BK Dodgers. Its also the Knicks colors for the same reason.

They are a mash up of the two teams. Their colors did not come from the New York City flag.

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/history/timeline1.jsp

"The Mets' colors are Dodger blue and Giant orange, symbolic of the return of National League baseball to New York after the Dodgers and Giants moved to California."

Last edited:
I live in Brooklyn (have my whole life), so yeah, I would definitely have been a Dodgers fan instead of a Yankees fan.

Back
Top Bottom