If NCAA had a 4 team playoff Bowl system in place ....

Which teams would you put in ?

I would start with BCS conference champs of course
USC
LSU
Oklahoma
WVA
O$U
Va Tech
At Large teams
Hawaii (non-bcs conf. champ)
UGA
ASU
Kansas

Here's how mmy playoff bracket would look.
Orange Bowl
LSU vs Oklahoma

................................................................ Sugar Bowl Championship Game
................................................................ Rose Bowl Winner Vs Orange Bowl Winner

Rose Bowl
USC vs O$U

Postscript:
Ulitimately, My feelings are that[Steven A.]at the end of the day [/steven A.], This playoff system everyone seems to want would NOT work eitherbecause there would be just as much controversy over which teams would even be included.

so only one non-BCS has a chance? where would ND fit in to the picture (in years that they dont suck)

because you can anticipate Hawaii/BSU and ND in this playoff picture for most years in the future

Hawaii beat Boise, they dont belong in the convo for this yr

PS
If a playoff system was adopted, U can say good bye to teams scheduling tough out of conference opponents. everyone would do their best to go undefeated oras close to it as possible just to end up ranked high enough to enter the playoff

If it were a 4 team playoff, I think the teams you've got are probably the best 4 teams to take.

But to me, realistically, if they are going to do a playoff system, it's got a be at least the 6 conference champions. Top 2 ranked in the BCS get byes,seed out the other 4...

If it were my decision, I'd say go 8 teams, 6 conference champions get automatic bids, 2 at-large bids. And the 2 highest rated teams in the BCS outsidethe conference champs get the at-large, with the same rules applying to non-BCS teams. Seed teams out according to ranking from there on out. You'd have toadd two more games into the BCS format, but I can't see a problem with that because all it does is generate more $$$$ with the NCAA loves... Let's justsay Holiday and Cotton are added.

(1) OSU vs. (8) Hawaii (Orange)
---------------------------------------------------------- Winner Orange vs. Winner Holiday (Fiesta Bowl)
(4) Oklahoma vs. (5) Virginia Tech (Holiday)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Winner Fiesta vs. Winner Rose (BCSNational Championship)

(3) USC vs. (7) Georgia (Cotton)
---------------------------------------------------------- Winner Sugar vs. Winner Cotton (Rose Bowl)
(2) LSU vs. (6) West Virginia (Sugar)

wait what about Mizzou? how the hell can u leave them out?
laugh.gif

because when USC did played a top 5 team they didnt get New York Knicks'd like Va Tech did vs LSU.

Ulitimately, My feelings are that[Steven A.]at the end of the day [/steven A.], This playoff system everyone seems to want would NOT work either because there would be just as much controversy over which teams would even be included.

Exactly my sentiments.. if you think picking the top 2 is hard, try picking the top 4, or top 8... it's MUCH harder to differentiate between teams 7-12than it is teams 2-4... People are going to just keep asking for more and more teams in and nobody is ever thinking it's a fair system.

However - there is still room for improvement, i just don't know what yet.

Ulitimately, My feelings are that[Steven A.]at the end of the day [/steven A.], This playoff system everyone seems to want would NOT work either because there would be just as much controversy over which teams would even be included.

pretty much. it would just be too hard to decide who to include and who not to include.

my first thought about a playoff system was to have a 16 team tournament, with the 11 conference winners and 5 at-large bids. no limit as to the number ofteams from each conference. that way teams like boise state and hawaii at least get a shot at playing for a national championship. the seeding would just be1-16 depending on bcs rank (so conference winners arent just given a top seed). there would be more regulations and rules, but i dont really feel like typingem out.

in the end though, i feel that would just be way too much football, and way too much traveling for the teams.

The best "playoff" scenario would be to have the top 8 teams in the BCS play in each of the BCS bowls (Sugar, Rose, Fiesta, Orange) and then have 2semi-final games at two of the bowl sites and the championship game in the rotation scenario they have today. They could have one week off after the leaguechampionships and begin the playoff and still end on the same week they do now. The higher seeds would have the "home field advantage" getting thebowl sites closest to them.

8 team playoff
6 bcs conferences get automatic bids
2 spots for highest ranked team with non-bcs schools having a chance
I guess ND would have to join the B10 for this to work

(1)Ohio State
(8)Hawaii

(4)Georgia
(5)Oklahoma

(2)LSU
(7)VA tech

(3)USC
(6)WVA

eek.gif

If it's a four team playoff how do you have USC in the top 4???? I know they have been good as of late but a season is a body of work. You can't awarda team for looking good in the last few games. If anything the top 4 in the BCS should play 1vs4 2vs3 and winner of those plays out.

because when USC did played a top 5 team they didnt get New York Knicks'd like Va Tech did vs LSU.

But they did lose to Stanford, and only beat one team all year that's still ranked in the Top 25.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Meb07

8 team playoff

ND doesn't have to go to any conference for this to work. There is a deal with the BCS that allows them to get into a BCS game if they finish in thetop 10.

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

8 team playoff

ND doesn't have to go to any conference for this to work. There is a deal with the BCS that allows them to get into a BCS game if they finish in the top 10.

I know but its dumb that they benefit from a rule thats meant to help non-bcs schools with small budgets

its getting pretty ridiculous reading all the blatent USC hating, the facts are this. OSU and LSU both lost the 2nd to the last games of their respectiveschedule. USC did not. USC bodied a team that is ranked higher then both Illinois and Arkansas
roll.gif
at Arizona St mind you. If i recall Ohio St. and LSUboth lost at home.

That right there would have been more then enough to keep them both out of the national championship if all the cupcake teams that were ranked above SC didntchoke like i knew they would.

put a playoff system in order and USC will defintely be the last team standing and i think a lot of you know that.

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

8 team playoff

ND doesn't have to go to any conference for this to work. There is a deal with the BCS that allows them to get into a BCS game if they finish in the top 10.

I know but its dumb that they benefit from a rule thats meant to help non-bcs schools with small budgets

It is. They should've been forced to join the Big East when their pitiful basketball team was allowed to.

USC's offense is trash ... and yes I like the Trojans, their D is on point, but I'm not sure if they should be in the top 5 ...

Back
Top Bottom