If a girl wears a really tight outfit, do you... (pics pgs. 6 and 7)

Originally Posted by SShanique

Okay, this is how it all went down. I walk for graduation in May. I'm not sure what we're supposed to wear but I presume a black dress. Anyway, my family is going to be there, and I plan to take them to eat afterward. Hopefully, I will have a job by then. I will either go to the restaurant where I worked or the Italian guy's restaurant. Either way, I need a dress! I searched online and found one. It's sold out, but I requested that they e-mail me when they get another P/S in. It's from the Kardashian line. Then after much thought, I pretty much decided this is not a graduation dress!!!  I think it would definitely say, "Trying too hard."

41tkX1TOPRL._SL105_.jpg

41MJ0BNxqpL._SL105_.jpg

This weekend I found a cheap but cute dress, tried it on and liked it.  I bought it.  I also bought shoes to go with it.  This is the dress.  I don't think this is a graduation or after-graduation dress either.  Do y'all think this would be appropriate for the occassion?  Of course, I would be wearing a cap and gown during graduation.

35cmxp3.jpg
dat mass.

picture from the front, though? do the ruffles in the front show a lot of clevage?

Okay, this is how it all went down. I walk for graduation in May. I'm not sure what we're supposed to wear but I presume a black dress. Anyway, my family is going to be there, and I plan to take them to eat afterward. Hopefully, I will have a job by then. I will either go to the restaurant where I worked or the Italian guy's restaurant. Either way, I need a dress! I searched online and found one. It's sold out, but I requested that they e-mail me when they get another P/S in. It's from the Kardashian line. Then after much thought, I pretty much decided this is not a graduation dress!!!  I think it would definitely say, "Trying too hard."

41tkX1TOPRL._SL105_.jpg

41MJ0BNxqpL._SL105_.jpg

This weekend I found a cheap but cute dress, tried it on and liked it.  I bought it.  I also bought shoes to go with it.  This is the dress.  I don't think this is a graduation or after-graduation dress either.  Do y'all think this would be appropriate for the occassion?  Of course, I would be wearing a cap and gown during graduation.

35cmxp3.jpg
that's perfectly fine for graduation i'd say as long as:

1. does it cover your back or is it backless?

2. does it cover your chest?

Shanique, in that pic right there, that is very appropriate for graduation. You are also only 4'11" right? You look taller than that.

The dress you bought is perfectly fine for graduation and afterwards.

The first one you wanted I say was a little too much for graduation, but would still be an appropriate dress for a night out.

Then again, I'm a guy, so what do I really know about women's fashion. Wear what makes you comfortable and feel good, everything else doesn't matter.

Is your **** hanging out? If not then you should be good. Don't you have any friends you can ask? You do realize we are mostly men on here, and most of these men have no idea about these kinda things nor do they care.

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

41tkX1TOPRL._SL105_.jpg

41MJ0BNxqpL._SL105_.jpg

dat mass.

picture from the front, though? do the ruffles in the front show a lot of clevage?

It shows some chest but NO cleavage.

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Shanique, in that pic right there, that is very appropriate for graduation. You are also only 4'11" right? You look taller than that.

Yeah, I was worried about the tightness of the bottom, though.  And I try to dress in a way that makes me look older, because when people look at me, they think "kid" because of my height.  Do you have that problem?

First things first does it have to be black? You can def. do some color with the black if you want. Oh the Kardashian line is trash (IMO).
Second you need to not worry about if you are trying to hard or not. Confidence is key and dudes can smell if you have it or not.
Third what is your favorite color?
Fourth what is your budget looking like?

That dress is cute on you and you can make it work but I personally wouldn't wear it for my graduation.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

First things first does it have to be black? You can def. do some color with the black if you want. Oh the Kardashian line is trash (IMO).
Second you need to not worry about if you are trying to hard or not. Confidence is key and dudes can smell if you have it or not.
Third what is your favorite color?
Fourth what is your budget looking like?

That dress is cute on you and you can make it work but I personally wouldn't wear it for my graduation.

I'm not sure if it absolutely has to be black, but in my mind I was thinking maybe black and lace or black and sheer, something elegant.  Then I saw that dress I posted and thought it would be perfect.  Too bad it's sold out right now.  The second dress I found by chance and thought it was cute.  I still have some time to make a final decision, though. 

My favorite color is yellow or gold.  My budget is I don't know.  If I can find a perfect dress, I'd spend a lot on it, like hundreds.  I prefer to stay under $200, and like I said, this dress was really cheap.

I personally plan my outfits around colors and staple items and I don't want to scare you.

This color happens to be in this season:
ke6g5k.jpg

AMANDA
so are foral prints but this keeps with the black and white:
p3ztw.jpg

BCBGMAXAZRIA Strapless Floral Appliqué Dress

rv934x.jpg
2zggcyd.jpg

2vipbb8.jpg

With this one I suggest maybe a fitted blazer or even a gray cardigan.
2e4yh47.jpg
<---this color shoe with the dress above and below.
346xibm.jpg

mbsa9t.jpg

97s1f4.jpg
<---maybe not that serious of a pump sandal(or that kind of material) but we are just color blocking here.

Some little black dresses that would be cute.
w0ly8p.jpg
25exmoh.jpg

For this yellow dress:
2cxhidt.jpg

2s15co9.jpg
<--these shoes

For this number:
2ebad5x.jpg

I personally would take that little black belt off and put something like this on
2mhwx3q.jpg

...not this style exactly because it doesn't go but that width because big belts are back. I would maybe do a silk print scarf and wear it as a belt. Take whatever color I like out of the scarf and find a pair of shoes.

Now that I know that you like that may want that of style here some more sophisticated kind styles(all from Bloomingdales website):

103bvyu.jpg
nodov8.jpg

^Basically a nude shoe or a red shoe or get fun and wear a yellow one.
14b85kg.jpg
<--Black pump or sandal
t9h8uh.jpg
2a0cd5d.jpg

^I like a red pump with this or and all black but it depends on the detail with the heel.
20zzjly.jpg
szx3tl.jpg

^ I'm partial to red pumps but black will be good to.

Back
Top Bottom