I was born in 1987 and I want to know if it is true that gas used to be under $1 in the 1970's?

I find this interesting if it is true because people back then would think gas is high for that time.. Just imagine paying 50 cent a gallon for gas? So is this true?

born in '86, lowest i remember was $1.08 in the DMV

just filled up on $3.77 a gallon 2 days ago in Las Vegas

Last edited:
When I was younger, probably 4 or 5 - gas was about 89 cents a gallon, in New Jersey. I was born in '88.

My Senior year in high school gas was .99 cents.

I used to get $20 a week for gas and food and I still had money leftover to buy the newest No Limit album.

Last edited:
The OG Jordan 1's were $65 in 1985.

we talking bout gas... not jordans.. not OG's.. we talking bout gas.

Why does it even matter? It sucks knowing that we'll never see those prices again...

EDIT:

In LA in 1991

Last edited:
fml, i remember when it was 1.03

too bad i will probably never enjoy to fill up my tank with those prices :smh:

Last edited:
I started driving in 99 and my pimp 1989 Dodge Dynasty was getting filled for like $12 for a full tank...gas was like $.87

believe it or not..

gas was $.97 a gallon in Virginia Beach back in 2000... 

it was a glorious time to has a whip...

i remember when i came to the states in 90 and gas was 85 cents up NOR CAL...those were the days:smh:

Did you adjust for inflation? 

Oh and gas was relatively high in parts of the 70s due to the embargo.

Even today though, america pays some of the cheapest prices for fuel in the world. There is a reason Europe is known for its small cars. 

Last edited:
Dad used to speak of times where gas was 50 cent per gallon. Lowest I could ever remember was 97 cent when I first got my learners permit.

Back
Top Bottom