I want a professional massages... can I get some insight???

Originally Posted by BlackStilettos

Are you getting the clinical deep tissue massages or the spa ones? 

I have never gotten one thats why I'm just trying to get some info. what would be the major difference? I am assuming the pressure applied? You ever have the hot stone massage? 

first time: 60 minute swedish...depending on your massuese (sp?), 60 minutes could be enough or too short depending what youre expecting out of it (relaxation or clinical if you know what i mean).

you could throw hot stones in, i never had em done but i heard its
smokin.gif

first time: 60 minute swedish...depending on your massuese (sp?), 60 minutes could be enough or too short depending what youre expecting out of it (relaxation or clinical if you know what i mean).

you could throw hot stones in, i never had em done but i heard its
smokin.gif

Seriously just get a 60 minute massage and tell them beforehand what you want to get worked on. And if you're paying about $1 a minute you're alright. Anything more and you're getting gouged and any less they probably aren't that great of a masseuse.

I used to get them all the time when I was doing some heavy marathon training. Best money ever spent. The guy I went to was super chill and we'd talk running, sports, etc. the whole time. I've actually only been to male massage therapists. I'm almost afraid to go to a female in fear of popping a pointer under the covers.

Spoiler [+]
George Castanza: It Moved!!

Seriously just get a 60 minute massage and tell them beforehand what you want to get worked on. And if you're paying about $1 a minute you're alright. Anything more and you're getting gouged and any less they probably aren't that great of a masseuse.

I used to get them all the time when I was doing some heavy marathon training. Best money ever spent. The guy I went to was super chill and we'd talk running, sports, etc. the whole time. I've actually only been to male massage therapists. I'm almost afraid to go to a female in fear of popping a pointer under the covers.

Spoiler [+]
George Castanza: It Moved!!

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Originally Posted by RedMan

90 min might be too long. I have had two 60 min full body massages and I fell asleep both times. it doesn't matter what you wear because there should a changing/shower room at the massage parol and that is where you change into your robe. It is up to you if you want to wear your underwear or freeball.
Thank you for the reply. 
So with the full body do they do there own thing or do you kind of tell them what you want emphasized? Have you ever done the hot stones? 

Never had a hot stones but I know what your talking about. With a full body massage the masseuse will work from head to toe or vice visa. The masseuse should ask you how much pressure you want them to apply and is there any area you want them to spend extra time on. I don't know if money is tight or anything but if you go to one of those massage schools and let one of the "apprentice" give your massage your massage should be half off or so. My sister gets a massage once a month from an "apprentice" at one of those massage schools so they shouldn't be that bad.

Originally Posted by RedMan

90 min might be too long. I have had two 60 min full body massages and I fell asleep both times. it doesn't matter what you wear because there should a changing/shower room at the massage parol and that is where you change into your robe. It is up to you if you want to wear your underwear or freeball.
Thank you for the reply. 
So with the full body do they do there own thing or do you kind of tell them what you want emphasized? Have you ever done the hot stones? 

Never had a hot stones but I know what your talking about. With a full body massage the masseuse will work from head to toe or vice visa. The masseuse should ask you how much pressure you want them to apply and is there any area you want them to spend extra time on. I don't know if money is tight or anything but if you go to one of those massage schools and let one of the "apprentice" give your massage your massage should be half off or so. My sister gets a massage once a month from an "apprentice" at one of those massage schools so they shouldn't be that bad.

I have never gotten one thats why I'm just trying to get some info. what would be the major difference? I am assuming the pressure applied? You ever have the hot stone massage? 
The amount of pressure applied is definitely different. When I get a deep tissue massage, I wake up the next day feeling like I had a workout the night before, like my muscles are awake. When I used to get spa massages, the masseuse barely applied any pressure. It was more for relaxation than anything else. At least with the deep tissue massage, I feel someone is actually working on my body and my muscles.

Never had a hot stone massage. Sounds like it'd be nice though.
nerd.gif

The amount of pressure applied is definitely different. When I get a deep tissue massage, I wake up the next day feeling like I had a workout the night before, like my muscles are awake. When I used to get spa massages, the masseuse barely applied any pressure. It was more for relaxation than anything else. At least with the deep tissue massage, I feel someone is actually working on my body and my muscles.

Never had a hot stone massage. Sounds like it'd be nice though.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom