I wanna live in NYC... Whats step #1

Even dumps have nice neighborgoods. Propaganda? :lol: Ok...guess I just imagined most of the place being a dump after being in NYC and all its boroughs 8 times in my life, the most recent time being this April. Sorry. Forgot that even the slums of NYC are utopias for some of you, word to FlyNY bragging about project benches.

Last edited:
You have no idea what youre talking about if you think living in the Bronx doesnt count as being in NYC. Fat Joe goin to make you lean back.

Most people who dream of coming to NYC think of being in either Manhattan or the trendy areas of BK. If we're being real, nobody is dreaming of relocating here to settle in the outer-boroughs (even though there are still good neighborhoods easily accessible to the city there). Being here for years has me wanting to leave, but when it comes to it, something still has a hold of me here. It's a grind when you're middle class here, only the rich and the lower income folk (in a way) are winning here.

You have no idea what youre talking about if you think living in the Bronx doesnt count as being in NYC. Fat Joe goin to make you lean back.

He doesn't. He thinks the Bronx or other parts of NYC should look/feel the same as Manhattan or west bk ignoring the fact that's what makes NYC feel great every neighborhood in every borough has its own feel and ways of going about things

Last edited:
How?? To get to Manhattan from the deepest parts of the bx on the 2,6,5,4 lines is still and hour or less away. Parkchester for example is still mostly Italians. Nice and clean area alive during the day and quiet at night. Propaganda has folks thinking like this. NYC is much much more than Manhattan or bk. And bk only got popular within the last 10 years soon it will be Astoria and then the bx.

Not trying to spend an hour getting anywhere on the regular man, I need places to hang out that are walkable or within a 25-30 minute uber/train ride radius, and preferably like 10 to 15 minutes. An hour each way is for major events, not for just a regular happy hour hanging out with the people/club night/date night. Meaning if I'm living in the Bronx, there better be **** to do in the Bronx.

Having said that, in recent times I've been to NY I actually didn't rock with Manhattan like that because it reminded me of the super gentrified parts of DC, so I actually don't necessarily look at Manhattan as the end all be all. But I also wouldn't wanna be in the BX or parts of Brooklyn where the only stuff close by is the most hooded out bars and whole in the wall food spots. I need more of a middle ground, if there is one in NY

Last edited:
Most people who dream of coming to NYC think of being in either Manhattan or the trendy areas of BK. If we're being real, nobody is dreaming of relocating here to settle in the outer-boroughs (even though there are still good neighborhoods easily accessible to the city there). Being here for years has me wanting to leave, but when it comes to it, something still has a hold of me here. It's a grind when you're middle class here, only the rich and the lower income folk (in a way) are winning here.

Nobody wanted to move to bk in the late 90's now more young adults move there than Manhattan.

Not trying to spend an hour getting anywhere on the regular man, I need places to hang out that are walkable or within a 25-30 minute uber/train ride radius, and preferably like 10 to 15 minutes. An hour each way is for major events, not for just a regular happy hour hanging out with the people/club night/date night. Meaning if I'm living in the Bronx, there better be **** to do in the Bronx.

Having said that, in recent times I've been to NY I actually didn't rock with Manhattan like that because it reminded me of the super gentrified parts of DC, so I actually don't necessarily look at Manhattan as the end all be all. But I also wouldn't wanna be in the BX or parts of Brooklyn where the only stuff close by is the most hooded out bars and whole in the wall food spots. I need more of a middle ground, if there is one in NY

Astoria Queens. And unless it's rush hour and you have to stand an hour on the train is nothing. Flys by actually.

Last edited:
First off I live in westchester and it doesn't even take me an hour to get to Manhattan even if there is traffic.

If I take the train its like half an hour to grand central. Depending on what you are trying to do one of the outer boroughs are more than enough for anyone coming from out of town. Queens has plenty of bars, lounges, even clubs. The Bronx is somewhat limited but there are options in westchester if your not drinking or hop skip and jump to Washington heights and your good.

Manhattan is in the middle so thats where most people meet but other than that doesn't have much more than tall buildings if you ask me. You can find your vice elsewhere.

The great thing about NYC is the options but people from out of town/ visiting dont understand the options so they stick to what is popular on yelp.

Last edited:
Never left the northeast and don't plan on doing so anytime soon unless it's a big release somewhere like chicago or something. Nyc is where the money's at
:pimp:

You've never vacationed outside the northeast? Are you telling me your only incentive to ever step foot out this city is a sneaker release?

Son I feel sorry for you bro....tell me I understood wrong

he sure is...
the fact is NYC eats its kids.... so people not strong enough or had a rough time making it here always tell cats how horrible it is in the NEW NYC... pre-bike lane NYC was a good time but move with the wave and learn to hustle differnt and NYC is a dream everyday..

i live in flatbush.... Gentrification is at a all time time high over here...

NYC is still poppin!

just turn down your expectations and youll love it...

Is just that NY pride talking in a lot of you....i was raised and still live here, I just don't see what it is that is so cool about NY anymore, clubs? Guess I outgrew that stage, shopping? Kind of outgrew that aswell, food? Possibly the one thing I would always love about NY....

To me the one thing that always defined NY above mostly any state was its cuktural diversity, which now has been exploited by these out of town yuppies, who came here and assimilated certain culture specific things, mainly food businesses and made it THEIRS....that **** turned me the **** off, Colombian restaurants owned and ran by white people from the Midwest in Astoria, charging 2x for half the portions of an authentic Colombian spot and have no damn clue how to make these dishes....but other white people that have no clue, come in there and are blown....that's just one example.

Anyways, I'm more into the outdoors, that's why I'm head over heels for the PNW...I couldn't care less for a nightlife...so out of the cities I've visited Seattle is it for me so far.

You've never vacationed outside the northeast? Are you telling me your only incentive to ever step foot out this city is a sneaker release?

i don't really care who you feel sorry for and you did not understand wrong.

i don't really care who you feel sorry for and you did not understand wrong.

Wait you really never left the north east?

Last edited:
Sit down, my G.
laugh.gif

I heard SF is just a cleaner version of NYC with more greenery, better weather, and less yambs

Fax or nah?

He doesn't. He thinks the Bronx or other parts of NYC should look/feel the same as Manhattan or west bk ignoring the fact that's what makes NYC feel great every neighborhood in every borough has its own feel and ways of going about things

god...if NYC was nothing but da center business district that ish would be boring as hell... :lol:

some of ya mustve forgot when Brooklyn was da Chicago equivalent of da South Side... :lol:

also let's not get it twisted... Brownsville, East NY, and Prospect Heights, still aint yuppied up.... hipsters are BARELY in Bushwick.

I heard people in Seattle are real d*cks towards out-of-towners. Idk how true that is but I still wanna visit Seattle and find out for myself

Not really. A good percentage of people that live in Seattle aren't from Seattle. I think what you might have heard about is the 'Seattle Freeze' which is basically people being socially awkward and quiet.

Last edited:
Never experienced or heard of people in Seattle being rude in my life :lol: People 2 hours north in Vancouver are MUCH friendlier than anywhere in the US though. If an American acted that friendly towards me, I'd be suspicious and would expect to get scammed shortly, but VC residents are naturally friendly. I'd rather live there than any American city

Last edited:
Is just that NY pride talking in a lot of you....i was raised and still live here, I just don't see what it is that is so cool about NY anymore, clubs? Guess I outgrew that stage, shopping? Kind of outgrew that aswell, food? Possibly the one thing I would always love about NY....

To me the one thing that always defined NY above mostly any state was its cuktural diversity, which now has been exploited by these out of town yuppies, who came here and assimilated certain culture specific things, mainly food businesses and made it THEIRS....that **** turned me the **** off, Colombian restaurants owned and ran by white people from the Midwest in Astoria, charging 2x for half the portions of an authentic Colombian spot and have no damn clue how to make these dishes....but other white people that have no clue, come in there and are blown....that's just one example.

Anyways, I'm more into the outdoors, that's why I'm head over heels for the PNW...I couldn't care less for a nightlife...so out of the cities I've visited Seattle is it for me so far.

The Internet has exploited the cultures and lifestyle of any and every major city doesn't mean it's still isnt there. But yeah I agree with white people gentrifying food. It's disgusting But that's every where now as well.

Last edited:
yeah in SF I remember you can buy a Banh Mi at Vietnamese sandwich shops for $3 and the downtown hip spots are selling them for $8-10 each instead

Back
Top Bottom