I think I snapped the tendon on the sole of my foot

So I was playing basketball today and I drove in and as soon as I pushed off with my left foot, I heard a popping sound. I tried walking around on it but itwas just painful. I'm back home now, I took an Ibuprofen pill and I have my foot propped up and I'm icing it. Its painful to walk around but the painis not as bad as a sprained ankle. I got a couple of questions.

1. I've been noticing that lately (past 2 weeks) that whenever I play ball this tendon was sore so is it possible that I have been wearing it thin andtoday was the last straw and it snapped?
2. Is it better to ice my foot or soak in in warm water?

Um... If it snapped, ice and/or heat won't work...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Um... If it snapped, ice and/or heat won't work...
laugh.gif
I don't know man, this is my first injury ever. I've sprained my ankle once ever and I'd been around enough people that had sameinjury that I knew what to do.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Is it on the sole of your foot from your heel to your toes? (your arch)
Yes. I was pressing on it to see where the pain was coming from and the majoity is on the sole, near the heel. Like I said, I have been icing itso I no longer have a throbbing pain. I only feel the pain when I take a step.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Id go to the ER man.
Yeah. Good advice.

Injuries are no joke. You know your body better than anyone else, so if you have no idea what's going on... there's a problem. I had a bad encounterwith a basketball injury recently
frown.gif

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Is it on the sole of your foot from your heel to your toes? (your arch)
Yes. I was pressing on it to see where the pain was coming from and the majoity is on the sole, near the heel. Like I said, I have been icing it so I no longer have a throbbing pain. I only feel the pain when I take a step.
Bro... If something snapped, and you've got pain in your arch when you walk, go to the hospital... Icing it is only gonna numb the paintemporarily... It ain't gonna heal the damn thing if you snapped a tendon... Go get it checked out... Better safe than sorry...

the hell is wrong with people when they get injured and immediately hit the internet?

perez hilton is that you?

dont forget to hit twitter too
eyes.gif

the hell is wrong with people when they get injured and immediately hit the internet?
He lives in the US. He might not have health insurance. Why do you think sights like WebMD are so big?
laugh.gif
, Americans don't go to doctors first, they go to doctors last.

Plantar Fasciitis.

Google it.
laugh.gif

Plantar Fascitis is something that develops....he wouldn't get it from a one-time pop or whatever

I was just diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis(in both feet), its definitely a developing thing, not a pop and boom you have it. Its basically small tears in theligament that connects your toes to your heel that causes pain.

Playing basketball and working retail FTL

Originally Posted by JPZx

Plantar Fasciitis.

Google it.
laugh.gif

Plantar Fascitis is something that develops....he wouldn't get it from a one-time pop or whatever

You can still tear/aggrivate the fascia in your sole from a singular incident. It also could have been developing before he even realized it was a problemthen he noticed it after this incident.

Also

From the OP:

1. I've been noticing that lately (past 2 weeks) that whenever I play ball this tendon was sore so is it possible that I have been wearing it thin and today was the last straw and it snapped?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

He lives in the US. He might not have health insurance. Why do you think sights like WebMD are so big?
laugh.gif
, Americans don't go to doctors first, they go to doctors last.

healthcare ftw.

yee-uh.
3dflags_can0001-0003a.gif

Popping noise is never good. I don't know if all tendons are audible when you snap them, but my pops told me when an achilles ruptures, the sound will makeyou do the EGHCK face. That's out of the question in your case, cause like others have said, that's an excruciating injury. I'd check it out ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom