I see people are back on their Pyramid scheme grind. Vol. 5Linx

How did dude support you when your pops died?
Came by the house and talked to me. That is support but not even sure why he would even bring that up as if that had anything to do with his scheme.

I asked him, What does THAT have to do with anything.

And he said something about it shows that I was there for you and I was a brother to you. I disrespected him by not even listening to what he is presenting.

but why open a 3 year old thread
It wasn't worth making a new thread about Pyrmaid Schemes. That is why

I hate when people try to bring up something they did for you in the past as something to hold over your head/guilt you into doing something you don't wanna do at a later date. For every instance where the reciprocation is reasonable, there are a million other instances like the one @kingstonalljamaican posted.

I always tell people if that's the way they wanna handle their relationship with me then don't bother doing anything nice for me moving forward.

The pyramid scheme clowns remind me of the same riff raff which would flood social media with those turn $100 into $1000 scams.

Usually very loud and obnoxious, will brag about how they’re their own boss while at the same time throwing shade at you for working a 9 to 5 and making money for someone else instead of being independent, (you shouldn’t have to bash someone elses job to build up what you’re promoting). They’ll tell you about a golden opportunity and talk and talk while offering no substance and can’t answer challenging questions. They’ll pitch the hell out of the pyramid scheme for months only to suddenly stop talking about it once they realize they got finessed but at the same time will “not want to talk about it” when you ask them what happened becuse they’re too proud to admit they fell for that crap.

The new wave of pyramid seems to be the forex. Chick on my fb talks about it 247, like every post is going to be about it. It has a cult vibe imo.

Even if that's what he did, you NEVER throw that back in someone else's face. Leads me to believe that he wasn't 100% genuine in his support when you were going through a tough time. **** that dude.
Dude doesn't get it .

I told him he was out of pocket for bringing that up. I said who brings up something like that to try and guilt someone.

He didn't respond to THAT, he was just like cool, what is your number.

I ain't giving that dude my number, I am sure he knows that. He will probably get it from someone else though. :lol:

You did blow him off in a cold manner. He did bring up your dad like a ***.

Both of you could have handled the exchange better.

How is saying “I’m good man.” cold? DC, do you even have a dog?

A few years back, a co-worker from my alma mater that I was cool with asked me if I wanted to meet after work to discuss a business opportunity. I’m hype thinking that he might be on some big league startup tip. Man, this dude and his boy spent two hours trying to explain and convince me to get in on it. I was mad as hell. Talking about some “So you don’t like making money?” then they kept pressing me for the rest of the week until they finally got the message. I would expect them to have higher intelligence :lol:

How is saying “I’m good man.” cold? DC, do you even have a dog?

He said he started by ignoring him and then proceeded to respond with all of 4 words after he was asked for help.

If one of your boys gave you that treatment, you wouldn’t feel a way?

I’m not saying he was wrong because the end result would have ultimately been the same. But HOW you say things matters and affects how people feel about your response.

Last edited:

Just got off the phone with him, that was his feeling. "You brushed me off like you was Donald Trump or something." So I get it. I could have responded differently.

He was also pissed that I ignored his initial FB messages of
"Do you know anybody with a dog."
"Do you have a dog"
"Do you still have a cat."

When he sent that FIRST message, I knew he HAD to be selling something.

Basically, I asked him if this was a business or personal conversation, because if it was a business conversation he shouldn't be telling me how we hooped together, how long we knew eachother, or how cool we are supposed to be. You can't flip flop mid-sentence between it being a business vs. personal conversation.

I asked him to send me the website, he kept saying he didn't want to send it to me because I was already "stubborn" about the whole situation. (Still trying to guilt). He said I probably wouldn't look at it. I said, "YOU can't make that assumption."

He ended up sending it to me and told me I needed to download an APP and sign up with my Name/Email.

I told him that I wasn't signing up for anything, I will look at a WEBSITE with no paper trail. So he sent it to me.

This was funny man.......

I got a whole family of cousins all in them pyramid schemes. Every year, they approach me with a new scheme and I just shake my head in disappointment. I always explain to them what it is, but they aren’t trying to hear it.

Long story short. Dude I grew up with Inboxes me on Facebook asking me, "You know anybody with a dog." Man immediately I think he is trying to sell me something. So I just let the message sit, unopened.

Then he sends the same message a day later, and then says, "Man we supposed to be boys, from the the neighborhood. We supposed to be grown and you can't respond to my messages?"

I said, "Wassup."

He said he is selling pet nutritional products and he wants to meet with me. When can I meet with him within the next 48 hours."

I said: "I'm good man."

He then goes on about, "I supported you when your pops passed away and you turning your back on me. I just want to sit down and show you my products and you saying you good."

Then he talks about how he has been married for 10 years and has 3 kids so he has more wisdom than me.

Most random thing ever. He is legit upset I don't want any parts of his pyramid hustle.

Now he is trying to convince me why I am wrong in this situation.

I shouldn't have answered the first message. :smh:
U Shouldn’t have answered the message
But since u did
U could have at least entertained him
And listened to the whole thing
I mean he was there for u
Only right
Now again u coulda avoided that by not answering the message though

Just got off the phone with him, that was his feeling. "You brushed me off like you was Donald Trump or something." So I get it. I could have responded differently.

"Do you have a dog"

Basically, I asked him if this was a business or personal conversation, because if it was a business conversation he shouldn't be telling me how we hooped together, how long we knew eachother, or how cool we are supposed to be. You can't flip flop mid-sentence between it being a business vs. personal conversation.

I asked him to send me the website, he kept saying he didn't want to send it to me because I was already "stubborn" about the whole situation. (Still trying to guilt). He said I probably wouldn't look at it. I said, "YOU can't make that assumption."

He ended up sending it to me and told me I needed to download an APP and sign up with my Name/Email.

I told him that I wasn't signing up for anything, I will look at a WEBSITE with no paper trail. So he sent it to me.

Glad y’all at least was able to set everything straight

Update: He sent me the website, and I looked through it for a second. I told him I wasn't interested. He told me he thought I was being dishonest and I am turning my back on my neighborhood. I can't make this up. :lol:

He seems legit hurt that I want no parts of his scheme. :lol:

I had to put his FB Messages on Ignore because he kept talking.

I should have ignored the initial messages.

He is talking as if he legit lost some screws

Long story short. Dude I grew up with Inboxes me on Facebook asking me, "You know anybody with a dog." Man immediately I think he is trying to sell me something. So I just let the message sit, unopened.

Then he sends the same message a day later, and then says, "Man we supposed to be boys, from the the neighborhood. We supposed to be grown and you can't respond to my messages?"

I said, "Wassup."

He said he is selling pet nutritional products and he wants to meet with me. When can I meet with him within the next 48 hours."

I said: "I'm good man."

He then goes on about, "I supported you when your pops passed away and you turning your back on me. I just want to sit down and show you my products and you saying you good."

Then he talks about how he has been married for 10 years and has 3 kids so he has more wisdom than me.

Most random thing ever. He is legit upset I don't want any parts of his pyramid hustle.

Now he is trying to convince me why I am wrong in this situation.

I shouldn't have answered the first message. :smh:

"Do you have a dog"

Update: He sent me the website, and I looked through it for a second. I told him I wasn't interested. He told me he thought I was being dishonest and I am turning my back on my neighborhood. I can't make this up. :lol:

He seems legit hurt that I want no parts of his scheme. :lol:

I had to put his FB Messages on Ignore because he kept talking.

I should have ignored the initial messages.

He is talking as if he legit lost some screws

I ended a bunch of old, dormant friendships due to **** like this that you described.

I remember back 10 years ago that Pyramid Scheme ****s were popping everywhere in my city, and a few of my friends (some of them now FORMER) were looped into them thangs too.

Same similar speech and spiel they gave me, and I nearly got tricked the first time when I first discovered it was a pyramid scheme. Funny enough, this first pyramid scheme attempt I almost got looped into was by some homies that I am very close to, but they were naive of them scheme as well and thought they was getting a good end of the bargain from "their business contact." Flash-foward to today, my close friends aren't associated with "that business contact" no more AND we still cool and ****.

But when other folk I knew BUT I wasn't close with tried to wrap me up into other sales pitches soon after, and I ain't ever talked to those ppl since ******* high school............SO str8 up ignored them, blocked & deleted them off the FB friends list.

They ain't real homies if they only talk to you after 5-6 years just to give a damn sales pitch for their pyramid hustle

I've encountered so much of this in my life. I always attend the meetings cuz I be thinking if may be legit :rofl: it's always the same sh*t. Bunch of enthusiastic people talking about their success stories etc and when you ask them what it is they're exactly selling they're mad vague about it. All those clear red flags and I never return.

His FIRST message to me wasn "Do you know anybody with a dog."

Man, what am I supposed to think.

I told him that, "We haven't talked since I saw you at the DMV like 10 years ago. And you just randomly asked me about some dogs. I KNEW you were trying to sell me something. That is why I ignored it. "

He was like, " You ain't even give me a chance to speak on it. We hooped together 11 and under."

This is what this man said. :rofl:

One of my boys told me that this is Karma for always messing with people.

Back
Top Bottom