I really almost died last night...

Around 7:45 last night, I felt some tingling and burning under my tongue... then I felt my lips swelling up. I look in the mirror and see my lips arelightweight swollen and so is my right eye. I swear that a little over 5 minutes later, I looked like I had just fought the Russian that killed Apollo Creed. Rushed to ER... apparently I'm allergic to shrimp. Kinda tripped me out b/c I've had shrimp a billion times, and now all of a sudden I'm allergicto it??

But man... whole face was swollen, throat was starting to close up... as soon as the triage nurse saw me, no more than 2 minutes I'm in the bed gettingshot up with so much benadryl, some kinda steroids, and another adrenaline shot. It was crazy... Now my top lip is just a little swollen and so is my righteye. For the first time in hella long, I'm really just happy to be alive.

I think i'm allergic to shrimp too.
smh.gif
Eat it all the time though
laugh.gif
I just eat less than what I used to now

Wow.

I can see how that would be a grounding reality check.

Glad to hear you are doing well though.

Yes, I'm allergic to shrimp too. All shellfish actually. This would probably happen to me too as even a lick or smell of shrimp would make my throat swellup.

Glad you're alright. I feel your pain!

Glad you're okay. Sucks being allergic to shrimp, shrimp is good
pimp.gif

Glad I don't have food allergies, especially peanuts, you got to ask if everything has peanuts in it.

My cousin is allergic to shrimp. One time dude was over at my house and my mom made some bangin' #$@ pasta that had shrimp. Dude was 2 seconds away fromeating it as I told him it had shrimp.

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

my dad is allergic to shrimp. are you allergic to all crustaceans?

Never had an allergic reaction to anything ever in life. Eat shrimp all the time... now the doctors have ordered me to give up my beloved shrimp.
frown.gif

And I have to carry around an epi-pen forever to give myself a shot if my throat swells up.

And one nurse kept telling me that my lips looked Octuplet mom's... she's lucky I'm so easy going (and needed her), or I would've had to whoopthat trick.

i found out i was allergic to shellfish (including shrimp) this past summer. I've been eating it my whole life and don't plan to stop now. If you justkeep eating it, your body will adjust and eventually the symptoms you suffer will be so minimal, it won't look like you're allergic at all.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

Around 7:45 last night, I felt some tingling and burning under my tongue... then I felt my lips swelling up. I look in the mirror and see my mom are lightweight swollen and so is my right eye. I swear that a little over 5 minutes later, I looked like I had just fought the Russian that killed Apollo Creed. Rushed to ER... apparently I'm allergic to shrimp. Kinda tripped me out b/c I've had shrimp a billion times, and now all of a sudden I'm allergic to it??

But man... whole face was swollen, throat was starting to close up... as soon as the triage nurse saw me, no more than 2 minutes I'm in the bed getting shot up with so much benadryl, some kinda steroids, and another adrenaline shot. It was crazy... Now my top lip is just a little swollen and so is my right eye. For the first time in hella long, I'm really just happy to be alive.

WHAT??????

deep fried shrimp balls FTW
happy.gif

I'm allergic to all tropical fruits though. makes my whole mouth itch.

Damn man glad to hear you're alright but that sucks. Shrimp is fire. Especially some coconut shrimp
pimp.gif

my friend in elementary school was allergic to bees, he got stung and disappeared, some lady found him passed out in a yard

they said another 15 min. and he woulda been dead

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Around 7:45 last night, I felt some tingling and burning under my tongue... then I felt my lips swelling up. I look in the mirror and see my mom are lightweight swollen and so is my right eye. I swear that a little over 5 minutes later, I looked like I had just fought the Russian that killed Apollo Creed. Rushed to ER... apparently I'm allergic to shrimp. Kinda tripped me out b/c I've had shrimp a billion times, and now all of a sudden I'm allergic to it??

But man... whole face was swollen, throat was starting to close up... as soon as the triage nurse saw me, no more than 2 minutes I'm in the bed getting shot up with so much benadryl, some kinda steroids, and another adrenaline shot. It was crazy... Now my top lip is just a little swollen and so is my right eye. For the first time in hella long, I'm really just happy to be alive.

WHAT??????

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

WHAT??????
laugh.gif
my bad bro, I meant to say that my lips were swollen...then my frantic @#% mother rushed me to the hospital.

And yeah.... I definitely have 2 epi-pens now.

Back
Top Bottom