"I play when I want to play." Will that quote taint Randy Moss' legacy?

As i wrote in the previous Moss thread, Moss saying "i play when i want to play" was overblown by the media. I read the original article, it was by our local (MN) writer. The writer later came out and admitted (and so did Moss, even tho he never cares what anyone thinks) that he was saying when he wants to turn it on and really burn, he can and no one will stop him. It was never a clear "Hey when i want to try I will try whenever i want" like everyone likes to use now against him like he is some baby.

yeah

I came in here about to say the same thing. It was just taken out of context.

If the writer and Moss came out and said it was misconstrued why are all these people up in arms about it?

can somebody post the vid of his interview when he said he pays the league office in "straight cash." hahahaha

TO > MOSS just because of this ... I had Moss ahead of TO before this year, but now that I watch both of them play, Moss drops a lot of balls and runs 9routes for days ... TO does it all and works hard ... I dont think this will hurt Moss' legacy because numbers dont lie, but as a person who wasnt blessedwith insane leaping ability and height like Moss, I cant help but despise dude ... Nothing I hate more than someone who doesnt work hard and is still good,call me a hater

moss doesnt train hard???
laugh.gif
keep believing that buddy

Originally Posted by alejanz28

IMO yes. I watched him when he was on the raiders and when things aren't goin right he doesn't even try..and it costs his team.
When Randy was here, the Raiders sucked. It wasnt his fault that they were bad. How do you expect him to be an impact player when he cant get the ball? As many of those games that i watched and went to, the problem wasnt Randy, the problem was the O-Line. If your line cant block, then your receivers (especially the downfield threats) will be ineffective....thus, two disappointing seasons in Oakland for Randy.

As far as the comment goes... athletes say stupid things all the time. We dont watch them to hear what they have to say about a particular situation, we watch them to see them perform superhuman feats on the field/court.
Thank you, this is the smartest thing said in this thread so far. He is a WR, what was he supposed to do. " Hey Moss ran the hell out of thatroute, to bad the QB got sacked." I guess Rice blocked then went out on his route. And the same cats that say stop slurping Moss are the same one slurpingRice. Rice played with not 1 but 2 HOF Qbs. Nobody ever mentions this. And Moss is on his 1st and look what he's doing. Rice records would be shattered ifMoss had a QB like brady his whole career. And to those that would take TO. you do know he lead the league in drops last year. Great WR don't do that.

^^^ TO is nowhere close to Moss. Moss drops some balls but TO drops way more. Moss may not run as many short/inside routes as TO but he is way more of adangerous player. When your playing Moss you have to change your whole defensive scheme, you have to keep your safetly near him at all times or he will killyou. In short, Moss changes Defensive gameplans way more than TO. TO gets a lot more one on one coveragethan Moss

Back
Top Bottom