I Need Your HELP NAVY or AIR FORCE?

I've recently finished my first year of college and I've been planing to join the Navy for a while now, mainly because of the travel opportunity. I wassuppose to join about 8 months ago with a friend of mine, but during that time I met this guy in my class that was in the Air Force and now I don't evenknow what to think...

The Air Force guy told me that I should join the Navy if I wanna be stuck out at sea for six months on a ship with male only. I don't really mind being onthe ship with all male, but the thoughts of staying on a ship for six months had me contemplating. He also goes on boasting that he had been to Italy and someother country. He's only 21 and have been serving for two years, but then again this guy is in the AIR FORCE so of course his opinions is bias.

My mindset is with the NAVY, but when it comes down to it...

Which branch travels more? (Most important! PLEASE give me some insight on this, because I really need to get away from it all, go to as many countries aspossible. The fact that I've been in school all my life and this is the only opportunity for me to get out there and see the world and at the same time"find myself")

Do both branches have the same Heath and Educational benefits?
I'm currently a permanent resident of the U.S, Will joining the navy turn me into a citizen?

So all you guys/gals PLEASE give me some pros and cons of NAVY and AIR FORCE

I'll probably talk to a recruiters next week so ANY HELP from you guys is dearly appreciated.

Thanks!

heard air force has the best quality of life/easiest

navy you can be stationed just about anywhere i think.....being in san diego would be dope, but you could end up in va or some random spot like that whichmight suck (no offense to va nt'ers)

i have no firsthand experience w/either, just passin along what i've heard.

My mother served 20 in the Air Force and has been all over the world. My cousin, who is currently enlisted, just moved out to Denmark for a few years.They've both been all over so much already.

The other day they were talking about Russia, Italy, Korea, and Germany. They were both so familiar with so many countries its ridiculous. Also, when I say'familiar', they got the the point where they were talking about specific blocks of cities that had the best food.

Mom: "Have you eaten at that place with the snow crab off Port XXXX in south Korea ?"
Cousin: "Yeah, a few months ago, how about that row of bars in (some city) in East Germany?"
Mom: "Oh yeah, It reminded me of this place right on the border of Denmark."
Cousin : "Yeah Denmark is nice, but I liked XXXXXX in Switzerland"
Mom: "Yeah, that place is great"

I remember my mom going away for time when I was young, but I had no idea she was so worldly......$$## sounds awesome.

^ Damn dude you are killing me here haha

Playing with my head... really making me think twice about joining NAVY or AIR FORCE

Air Force ftw!

No firsthand experience but I'd def go for the AF if I were you. Chances to travel and do all sorts is insane.

The Air Force is the branch that you will that you will most likely get suck somewhere for a longer period of time. I'm ex Air Force, an if I was in yourshoes, I'd go Navy. You'll see the world in a shorter period of time, and when you get tired of being on a boat, you can choose to be stationed in thestates. All branches have the same benefits, the health plan and the new G.I. bill that just passed is amazing. Any questions holla, I'm sure others willchime in though...

You'll see more in the Navy, but you'll be more comfortable in the Air Force.

if i could go i would go to the navy. damn probation !+%@$! my post high school plans up. smh @ me.

Originally Posted by BigTy23

The Air Force is the branch that you will that you will most likely get suck somewhere for a longer period of time. I'm ex Air Force, an if I was in your shoes, I'd go Navy. You'll see the world in a shorter period of time, and when you get tired of being on a boat, you can choose to be stationed in the states. All branches have the same benefits, the health plan and the new G.I. bill that just passed is amazing. Any questions holla, I'm sure others will chime in though...
SO what you're saying is... aight for example, you get deployed to Korea and stay there for about 9 months or so, but if you're in theNAVY you only stay in Korea for 1-2 months?

ALSO can someone in the NAVY please clarify the story about being on a ship for six months? Is this crap really true or the guy bsed me?

haha damn I don't know what to think right now....
roll.gif
this is probablythe biggest decision I've ever have to make in my entire life

It's more like in the Air Force if you get stationed in Korea you stay for two years, in the states who knows how long you gonna stay stationed somewhere.In the Navy when you deploy you go to different places, that's where the 6+ months on a boat comes in...

Originally Posted by cangn

Originally Posted by BigTy23

The Air Force is the branch that you will that you will most likely get suck somewhere for a longer period of time. I'm ex Air Force, an if I was in your shoes, I'd go Navy. You'll see the world in a shorter period of time, and when you get tired of being on a boat, you can choose to be stationed in the states. All branches have the same benefits, the health plan and the new G.I. bill that just passed is amazing. Any questions holla, I'm sure others will chime in though...
SO what you're saying is... aight for example, you get deployed to Korea and stay there for about 9 months or so, but if you're in the NAVY you only stay in Korea for 1-2 months?

ALSO can someone in the NAVY please clarify the story about being on a ship for six months? Is this crap really true or the guy bsed me?

haha damn I don't know what to think right now....
roll.gif
this is probably the biggest decision I've ever have to make in my entire life

FALSE! you will not be on a boat for 6 months. thats just crazy talk. I enlisted about 2 months ago and they told me the longest you will be at sea is about 45days. plus i think like every two weeks you dock in some city, stay for two weeks, wash rinse and repeat.

^ that's good to hear, I can't imagine being on a ship for six months straight haha

DONT join the navy, there pathetic and a bunch of Nasties.

Air Force is a little better then the navy in terms of how they display themselves.

I see so many fat people in the navy is disgusting! like a shame and embarresment.

Marine Corps FTW! Im 20 and i been to both sides of the country(USA) and am in Tokyo right now going to be in Thailand soon enough.

DONT JOIN THE NAVY!

USAF putting bombs on targets since 1947!!

I served 10 years active duty and a couple years after in the Guard. I too was on the fence between USAF and USN but I'm glad I choose the USAF betterlifestyle than the other branches and no one can refute that statement. Not to mention when I got out and interviewed and said I did communications for USAF itwas like saying I went to [insert your favorite college here], people were intrigued at the level of experience and technology I worked with.

Man you better stop trippin and cross into the blue!

Originally Posted by cangn

^ that's good to hear, I can't imagine being on a ship for six months straight haha

That's the longest you would be on an above water craft. Submarines are a completely different monster. I don't know about six months but it issignificantly more than 45 days.

neither. to the us military u are just a pawn who will help inforce their global tyranny. u/we are expendable. don't ppl care why their fighting anymore,or they just want a guaranteed paycheck?? guaranteed if u live to collect it, that is.

they're both pretty easy. the airforce is more in demand because you don't do +$*# and you have little discipline. in terms of traveling, i would saythe navy wins. in terms of plushness the air force wins. their food and all that crap is apparently better. but who cares about all that.
education and health care is all the same throughout every branch.

USMC FTW

If your basing your decision solely on the fact you want to travel, then go with the Navy.

My father retired out the navy and he went all over the world.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

neither. to the us military u are just a pawn who will help inforce their global tyranny. u/we are expendable. don't ppl care why their fighting anymore, or they just want a guaranteed paycheck?? guaranteed if u live to collect it, that is.
eyes.gif

I like how you put "their." Do you not live in the US? Also do you pay income taxes to the Federal Govt? Well then you're in the same selectgroup of "pawns that will help force "their" global tyranny" because what do you think 50% of your tax dollars pay for?

Back
Top Bottom