I may be an alcoholic

What do I do ?
I stopped drinking for 6 months, then started again socially, recently. 

One drink leads to another, then to another. Next thing I know, I am hitting on any woman that I can visually discern is a woman, calls to ex and current lovers are made (at late hours) and I end up having sex with women (sometimes without protection) that I most likely would not were I sober.

Help/advice/past experiences, please.

What do I do ?

One drink leads to another, then to another. Next thing I know, I am hitting on any woman that I can visually discern is a woman, calls to ex and current lovers are made (at late hours) and I end up having sex with women (sometimes without protection) that I most likely would not were I sober.

You should problem focus on the root of the problem that led you to relapse. Any negative changes in your life recently?

You should problem focus on the root of the problem that led you to relapse. Any negative changes in your life recently?

Get professional help dude.

Some problems you can talk to NT about (how to get over a breakup, etc.), some problems you need to see a professional about.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but it's the only correct answer.

Some problems you can talk to NT about (how to get over a breakup, etc.), some problems you need to see a professional about.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but it's the only correct answer.

It's not cool when a family member is an alcoholic. Is rediculous to deal with the crap when they go overboard.
smh.gif

It's not cool when a family member is an alcoholic. Is rediculous to deal with the crap when they go overboard.
smh.gif

You just explained my life from 16-23. You'll be alright.

Im 24 now and try to keep the getting hammered without my girl around to a minimum so Im not tempted.

You just explained my life from 16-23. You'll be alright.

Im 24 now and try to keep the getting hammered without my girl around to a minimum so Im not tempted.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

From the anti-joke thread

A man walks into a bar.

His Alcoholism is destroying his family.

Don't be that guy.

From the anti-joke thread

A man walks into a bar.

His Alcoholism is destroying his family.

Don't be that guy.

Anton:

The only negative thing that I can think of was a break-up.

Persia:

I am on it. Thanks.

Originally Posted by dunkaruu

What do I do ?

indifferent.gif
stop drinking

Anton:

Persia:

I am on it. Thanks.

What do I do ?

indifferent.gif
stop drinking

You need the help and support of your family my man.

It's great that you've recognized your problem and are seeking out help, but Niketalk is not the place to properly help you with your issue.

Good luck though.

You need the help and support of your family my man.

It's great that you've recognized your problem and are seeking out help, but Niketalk is not the place to properly help you with your issue.

Good luck though.

Are there any particular programs that you or someone you know took and was successful with ?

Are there any particular programs that you or someone you know took and was successful with ?

Anton:

Persia:

I am on it. Thanks.

-Boredom: Find a hobby or something to keep you busy of fill whatever void is in your life. Gym, pick up an instrument etc
-Depression: Seek professional help...don't be proud or ashamed.
-Easier said that done, but drink less, pace yourself...or try to wean yourself off it again. You can still have fun drinking moderately without getting hammered and susceptible to making bad decisions.

The first 2 are probably my best advice/

Back
Top Bottom