I have decided that I am done with Jordans. None Nada.

i been trying to get outta the jordan game..trying to sell some of my collection but the few shoes i've posted aren't even selling...definately notbuying anymore...i agree once you hit a certain age it just gets played out...better to have money in the bank than shoes in the closet

quality has gone down for sure. but i still like some js and i def am still trying to cop the old stuff. def going down hill though

you JUST realized this? well better late than never...

btw i'm having so much trouble selling off jordans...it seems like no one even wants them anymore. however, i'll keep them and my youth in my memoryforever.

Originally Posted by IJUMPMAN

Here we go again. As far as Jordans not holding their retail value, I don't know if many of you remember, but many of the the older Air Jordans didn't sell out everywhere. I didn't get into them into the mid 90s, but I can remember seeing OG Xs and XIs on the shelves and at the outlet.

I can see how you feel about the quality. Quite a few models do have poorer quality, but some aren't so bad. The IIIs seems to be pretty good, and I have no complaints about the XIV retros compared to my OGs. XIIIs were good, too.

As for MJ, if you had that many fans hounding you for autographs and questions for 23+ years, you'd get tired of it, too. You can only be nice for so long, before it gets to you.

I admit, I have been selling off many of my extras, but I'll never be completely done with Air Jordans. I'll be copping the Space Jams, most of the VI Retros. I don't care about hype or "unhype", if I see it, like it, and want it, I'll cop it.

I agree.

I'll be done for sure after 2010
grin.gif

I am seriously thinking of selling off my entire collection except for the concords and space jams. What to do, what to do..

I feel you man. I'm 24 years old and I'm starting to lose my passion for jordans too. Not because I'm getting older. But simply because of thequality that's being put into these shoes lately. I spent $200 on a pair of cdp 3's a couple months ago. I've worn them about 4 times now and mymidsoles are already cracking! That's rediculous! I never had this problem with my '01 pair. I already cut down on the amount of jordans that I usuallybuy by more then half. But the way this brand is going I think I might just stick to Nikes. It's sad what this is coming down to.

Originally Posted by ilovemykicks10

Here we go again. As far as Jordans not holding their retail value, I don't know if many of you remember, but many of the the older Air Jordans didn't sell out everywhere. I didn't get into them into the mid 90s, but I can remember seeing OG Xs and XIs on the shelves and at the outlet.

I can see how you feel about the quality. Quite a few models do have poorer quality, but some aren't so bad. The IIIs seems to be pretty good, and I have no complaints about the XIV retros compared to my OGs. XIIIs were good, too.

As for MJ, if you had that many fans hounding you for autographs and questions for 23+ years, you'd get tired of it, too. You can only be nice for so long, before it gets to you.

I admit, I have been selling off many of my extras, but I'll never be completely done with Air Jordans. I'll be copping the Space Jams, most of the VI Retros. I don't care about hype or "unhype", if I see it, like it, and want it, I'll cop it.
I agree.
I agree with the first part, but the dude is still a douche.
I respect his on-court and business game, but not his personal characteristics
sick.gif
Don't get me wrong, i dont know the man personally, but from what i hear from the majority of people...
smh.gif

Quality is horrible and things could only get worse but do you thing this man cares?
6e18b39c25ee43e9a85d5d28635d0e10.jpg

Hey man! I feel you... I am actually slowly getting rid of the excess Jordans I have in my closet. My love will always be there, but at the end of the day itseems that only your favorites count. Eventually, all of them will rot and that's why I am investing my time and money searching for OG 1's. Almost atimeless shoe! But, the way JB is currently/turning out to be is sad.

Only 1-16 hold sentimental value to me anyway but I feel you they do ruin classics and I hate the tumbled leather on the 1s this year. The only thing thatcould make me start collecting hard again is the return of Nike Air and good quality. They butchered the 6 these retro plus colors are awful and then varsityred instead of infrared just sucks that is my favorite Jordan ever!

JORDANS ARE DEAD AFTER THE SPACE JAMS I CANT DO IT ANYMORE THEY JUST COST TO MUCH THEY DONT EVEN SUPPORT LIKE OG'S AND THEY JUST SUCK ++% ARE FUSIONS

pre '03 only....unless the chi X's drop. I'm not even considering the upcoming XI's, which 5 years ago I would have never seen coming.

I'm definitely feeling too old to be buying this many shoes, but it's something that I enjoy, so why would I stop.

The last new releases I bought were the XX3's and more recently the 09 TBIII's, which I regret (doesn't compare to 03's)

best well put reply..............

thank you for not buying jordans anymore....I need more people like you. Please boycott JB and develop a following.

ps. I really do need those Chicago X's badly next yr. Lesser people the better my chances in stacking up
pimp.gif

I agree OP. I only bought one pair of Jordans this year and that was the black/university blue XII retros in May...and all my other sneaker purchases were Nikebased.

At 28 years old myself, I just feel that I'm slowly but surely turning that corner in life where this little sneaker fascination I've had for awhile isgetting old. Don't get me wrong, I've always been a sneakerhead even before I could afford them, but I'm tired of paying $165 here, $185 there,$145 there...that money all adds up.....and for what!? So I can see noticeable cracking in a midsole that has been used no more than 5 times!?
indifferent.gif

Nahhh...I'm just grateful that I have the Jordans I have now. I'll pick up a few other retros in the future most likely but I'm not going tooverspend for cheap garbage like I did the last few years. JB has alot of people brainwashed...because in those pictures we all see beautiful retros (whenit's an OG colorway at least) but we all know the price is high and the quality is low..can't continue to condone this too much longer.

Buying one pair of Jordans this year to this point has allowed me to appreciate other shoes I hardly wear since my collection is upwards of 80 pairs at thispoint.
smile.gif

agreed.

iin 2010 you'll see more people pulling out of JB. i believe i have stopped too. i havent bought new Jordans since the Chicago xx3's and i dont likeany of the newer 'Jays'.

I have officially moved to Vans.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanHead21

Why do people make these threads? Do you honestly think anyone cares?
You realize you posted this after 3 pages of "non-caring" people responding, right? I agree there are too many posts like this, butobviously some people seem to care/agree, and being someone who bought my first pair of Air Jordans in '91, I can understand the disappointment andfrustration.

Yes, I definitely remember the original AJs being put on clearance towards the end of each model year to make room for the next design. Hell, Iclearly remember the bordeaux VIIs being marked down to $99 at the few stores in the mall that still had some left because the VIIIs were being released. However, the difference is today, an original DS pair of those bordeaux VIIs would run you probaly close to $2k (saw a '01 "sample retro" pairfetch $1,300 on eBay in September), where as a retro pair of almost anything put out the last 4 or 6 years doesn't even fetch retail, let alone well overit. Granted I know they're still fairly new, and there are some highly sought after colorways, or limited and quick strike shoes that do go for a bitmore, I don't see them ever getting up there in value. This is primarily because unlike current kids that live on hype and buy these shoes up, andcouldn't care less about quality, or being true to the original, hardcore collectors that shell out the big bucks are usually sticklers about those things,and they're not going to fork over the money for something that falls apart if you so much as look at it the wrong way.

As for MJs attitude, I can understand the annoyance and frustration of people hounding you anywhere and everywhere you go, 24/7, but that is the price of fame. It is exactly that sort of fanaticism that allowed him to obtain his riches, because it meant he had enough mass appeal to warrant the massive paychecks fromhis endorsement companies. If people didn't love and obsess over him so much, he wouldn't be making the GPD of a small country off of endorsementsbecause it wouldn't be worth it to those companies. Unfortunately, as much as it may suck, you can't have the massive pay without the massive pain ofthose that allowed you to become rich following you around and hounding their "idol" or "hero".

Back
Top Bottom