I got a quick question about The Departed.

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

i just wanna say this is one of my favorite movies of all time
pimp.gif

Yes...
...and FYI, Billy was raped in jail and Colin was molested as an alter boy.

There are so many themes in that film most people never picked up...

...in a sense, Billy and Colin were the same person - the same surrogate father, the same girl, the same double lives...

...just opposite sides.

what the...? i never picked it up...

What was it like for you in jail?

What? You want to hear about the showers - is that what you want to hear about?

Did something happen to you?

..................no.

Colin was good at lying - Billy wasn't...

Originally Posted by IheartDrums

I dont think the rape happened. but i believe the altar boy molestation completely.

I'm inclined to believe this..

you can see the billy started to crack when stuff became 'real'.. getting raped might have been way too much to handle too early in the process

Its a great movie btw, one of my favorites but I've never understood this one certain part. When Costello is selling the micro processors to the chinese dudes, matt damon shows up and says everyones names lik costello, frenchie, and then he specifically says Billy Costigan jr. The black cop (anthony anderson) is sitting RIGHT in front of matt damon when he says that. How come he doesn't notice matt damon say that name? At the beginning of the movie, anthony anderson and leo are running together at the acadamy. Is that a mistake? Or a am I missing something.
Anthony Andersons character actually says he knows him from the academy when Leo comes in to talk to Matt Damon's character after Martin Sheen dies.So either he is being a good cop and not disclosing the undercover identity, or they ****** up making the movie.

Back
Top Bottom