I feel like I will never finish school

Originally Posted by igotdemkickz21

Damn dude, as much as havin homework sucks, I'm not trying to graduate anytime too soon. I'm a junior in college and I do not want to leave this place. I just talked to my friend who is working on Wall Street. He's lucky if he's out of the office before 2 AM (its usually 3ish though), and then back in by 9. There is no such thing as Saturdays for him. Sure, he's caking (120k in salary and bonuses, plus he's still livin at home cuz he lives in nyc anyway, and his company provides transportation if you leave the office after 9pm), but man that is not somethin I am looking forward to. He can't remember the last time he got to "go out."

I know dudes like that hahaha. Theres a reason hes got so much dough... its because he doesnt have any time to spend it. I'm extremely happy that Idont work in that sector of finance. Getting into I-banking or working for a hedge fund will pay $$$$$$ but its not free money. Youre paying for that withblood sweat and tears man.

no sympathy from me....i have 3 years of med school left, a 4-8 year residency after that, and a 1-2 year fellowship after that...just continue to work hard

boo hoo, a year and a half left. I've got 4 years of med school, a 7 year residency and then a 2 year fellowship/subspecialty training. That's a totalof 17 years of schooling/training after high school. Just put it in perspective and realize a year and a half really isn't much time in the span of life.Enjoy it while you have it because soon you'll have larger stresses in the "real world"

edit: As soon as I posted, it showed TypeRPinoY'sresponse and I felt like there was an echo
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom