I don't think 93.9 likes Wale too much...

Originally Posted by DCshoechick

Originally Posted by HustlinFlip

Check out Wale on his track over 'I Will' by Xscape. He singles out Angie Ange from KYS, as well as how DC ain't backin' his music and what not.

http://www.jamglue.com/se...ry=wale+xscape&commit=Go

grin.gif
I prefer the WPGC version where he shows us love and shouts me out.
wink.gif

*crawls back in a hole*
http://www.wpgc.com/

clearly wpgc is making up where wkys failed...

good job dj heat!

Cudi did 104.

He's not gonna move more units than Cudi.

Wish him the best though. I'm copping for that reason and because I think it'll actually be good.

^^^ I agree.

I'ma cop at least 3 copies (2 for me, 1 for my Nephew) because:

1.) I dig his music. It's different, I think. And still good.

2.) He's making some respectable strides in the industry.

3.) In memory of Saeed D. Alisha aka Wootie2001

NOTE: I AM NOTE BASING MY PURCHASE ON HIM BEING FROM THIS AREA.

The only local artists whose CDs I actually bought are:

-- Raheem Devaughn, multiple copies.
-- J-Scrilla mixtape

smh.gif
@ everything selling more than Linx II.
smh.gif

That joint is genius in its own right, start to finish. Not even at 100k yet.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

smh.gif
smh.gif

frown.gif
You serious? I swore it sold more than 100K the first two weeks out. That only means the new Ghost will even look worse number wise
sick.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif

Just about everyone that was rocking with Rae copped the first week (64K). The rest will be in hundreds and single digit thousands.

The album though, is not built for these days and times. You really have to appreciate the man and the legacy to get with this. To some degree,it's the dirty/grimy flipside to The Clipse (not knocking them, cause they have the chance to be the hottest mainstream group right now). The other thingis Rae's style is crazy unorthodox and highly detailed, so you have to be willing to piece the lines together.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

smh.gif
smh.gif

frown.gif

eek.gif
this was a regular pick up in the Pick Up Post....it seems like everyNter's picked one up including myself so How?

Raekwon laughing all the way to the bank though. His release was totally independent. So even though Cudi sold more, The Chef will do better financially. Thejoint moved well for an independent with hardly any promo. He succeeded.

got invited to go to this concert with a bunch of friends, but only 2 of 'em ended up going cause the rest of us had to work.

and my boy who went is a HUGE fan of bun. rode the bus and took the metro and everything and was crushed when not 1 act showed up. he said a bunch of bammasdid some weak "run this town" remixes and he left early.

from that post alone you can tell that promoter was not fit to put on an event and wants to blame everyone but himself for pretty standard problems. waleaside, most of the stuff dude is whining about is a promoters responsibility

Its funny that Wale made that comment a while ago with regard to him getting more love in other cities than he does in his own... I could relate. Our Websiteshow had more hits in Richmond Oregon and Cali than it did in the Nova area...

We actually got A CRAP load of hits from Asia and the PI due to the power of NT as well... BUT

I'd never come and BASH my locales because of it. You do what you do and forge on.

I do respect more than anything else Wale's grind. Anyone that can go from local to National has to be working hard.

It IS also true that his joint with Lady Poo Poo gets played in alot of other places, because I travel alot and hear it and its funny that I get a proudfeeling hearing it when Im somewhere else.. but would turn the channel if I were in my own car here if it came on.

Weird I know.

Independent >>>>>>>> Major

Cashmoney and No Limit were caking waaayy before the majors were knocking...

Yep. Back in the day Baby was doing like a CD a month and getting like $5-$6/CD. It was unfair.

I guess 95.5 notices 93.9 going on wale because i heard a promo from 95.5 saying... Wale, Raheem Devaughn, Tabi, we support our local artist...

a9326422160add30e07b757a980940d053d8c70e.pjpg

Wale was aight when he was with Syudio 43..Interscope is hurting the boy...He was better off INDEPENDENT..
Dig Doug, Uptown Roamers, Ice Cream Girl where nice songs they keep the party going..At one point all the Go-Go heads was feeling it but that CHILLIN %%$% aintgonna cut it.

Cash Money was caking, but they have quadrupled their worth with support from a major. If they stayed indie, there would be no Lil Wayne phenomenon...at leastnot on Cash Money. So the two situations aren't congruent.

The indie vs. major debate is not one you can have across the board. Every situation is different.

Rock,

I have the same reaction when I hear Chillin' elsewhere in the country.

You know $8-9 a CD is a lie, right? They only way you are getting that is if you are selling those joints straight out of the back of your truck or personalweb site at $15.

I don't know the exact number, but retail probably doesn't pay $8-9 for the CD from the distributor. You also have to pay the distributor and you alsoincur costs in producing the music itself (studio time, producers, singers, features, etc.) and producing the CD (the CD, the artwork, the jacket, thewrapping, etc.). Obviously, digital music cuts some of those costs out, but you probably sell to the digital retail spot for even less than the brick andmortar pays for the CD.

I'm not saying indie isn't a good look, I'm just saying it probably isn't the gold mine people think it is.

Any lurking record exec wanna shed some light on the situation?
roll.gif

Folks the music industry is not what it use to be ... Its sad that a local station is taking a dump on a local artist ... my Grammy was right ... and I'mglad I learned young ... DC is full of crabs in a barrel ... We can all interject and talk about how dude plays the game but either way he's in the gameand many of us aren't/will never be in the game ... I'm too old to worry about another dude's $$$ ... as I always say ... Support your local artistand I wish Wale the best as I do for all of our local artist

And folks trust me ... revenue streams are all over the place for artist these days ... shows, publishing, ring-tones, small endorsement deals, and hostingparties keep these cats good ...

Its not just record sales, publishing & shows anymore ... dude is eating just fine ... WALE F*&^ the bamas and FINISH YOUR MEAL!

Have a great week folks!

i seen dude yesterday on vh1 countdown...even though i dont like most of his music are some of his actions......you gotta respect dude for how hard hegrinds....he did a lot to be in the position he's in

thats one thing you cant knock....

not an artist im really check for but wish him much sucess

^^ On the real its not just about Wale making it pimp ... its about somebody from the area that I call home making it ...

I don't give a damn what another man eats because it don't make me s%$t!

Ya dig???

I don't have any issues with dude like some of you do so it sounds like I'm one of his biggest fans ... I just like his music ... and I want to seecats from our area succeed ...

And as for my ... how did you so eloquently say it ...
brilliantly vauge insight ...
c8b3697a28976064727cb5c0889b8625d5cd70c7.gif

... Man listen ... the game is to be sold not told ... you can send me a paypal and I can point you to a few good cats that can shine more lighton the subject for you ... other then that you only get my brilliantly vague insight
grin.gif

Didn't feel like bringing up another thread on this..

But will any local stations play what I think would be Wale's 2nd track off the LP.."Inhibitions (Let Loose)" ft. Pharrell?

Heard it on Hypebeast.com, thought the beat & hook were pretty good, lyrically not bad imo

Back
Top Bottom