I dont know how to tell my wife........UPDATED!!!

Originally Posted by RavageBX

First OP, searching externally for reasons to believe in a god will always lead you down the wrong path. You searched everywhere but inside yourself. There's no bible, church, preacher, or religion that can substitute for that deep-seated belief that you feel inside. It's something inside you that can be manifested through those things. It's just like love. You can read books on it, see other people experience it, have other people tell you about it, but if YOU don't feel it inside yourself then move on. That is why they say God is love. If you've looked inside yourself and you don't feel any spiritual connection to a greater power it's your prerogative to not believe. But let that be YOUR choice, not because "one sides argument is overwhelmingly more understandable."

Secondly, you need to be clear about your feelings with your wife. Don't put up walls where there don't need to be any. If you can't build around God, build around love and everything else will fall into place.
Isn't that part of the problem? Hes already past spiritual pseudo-science 

Whats to say he doesn't love himself? He just doesn't believe in god. End of story. Hes not any less of a person for NOT believing in ONE religion.

I'm pretty sure analyzing evidence for claims is what allows people to adopt their particular stance. Is there more evidence for a flat earth or a slightly flattened sphere? 

This makes no sense.

God has no place in his life. He already doesn't need god in his relationship. He just wants to know how to tell his wife. Stop telling him to "go back" to faith. 

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

@ SImba and others who don't share the same faith as your wife, what will you do about your kids? That seems like such a stressful situation. Someone will win, someone will lose.
She can raise them in the church if she wants. (which she hasnt done so far) and when they ask why i dont go, ill tell them and try to explain why.
  They wont be pushed one way or the other and ill let them make their own decision.   Right now, they wont understand it........but when they get older and are able to figure things out on their own, then they can make their own choice.

Hey man, if she isn't bringing up in the church yet, and doesn't pray.. she may be on the fence about her religion as well, or maybe she just doesn't care about it too much.
I am in no way telling you how to raise your kids, but I would have to disagree with them going to church. That IS going to push them one way. You figured it out, as did I, but MOST people do not. Letting them make their own choice would be to not bring them up religious.. 

If you have the time, I suggest you look at some of Richard Dawkins documentaries (they are on youtube broken down into shorter videos). His videos talk about some things that may help you make some different decisions..

But seriously OP, good luck with whatever you decide to do, it's a tough situation.

There is a lot of atheist woman in the world, you could just make sure she is one so you could avoid all of this
From what I remember you are in highschool? so right now atheist girls are "sparse" but there is  a lot out there.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Meanwhile, you've yet to even tell your own parents...
Exactly...the internet is a great place because it grants you a great level of anonymity.� OP go handle it the way you want to handle it...but if you listen to the miserable atheist coalition you'll join them in their misery.� You should be approaching your wife in a compassionate way...you have your crazy !*% beliefs, she has hers, meet in the middle take care of your kid(s) make compromise(s) and move on as a family unit.

You don't have to fake your position but at the same time you don't have to be a braggart like sillyputty and ride this one-trick pony called atheism or whatever he's calling himself these days.

He comes to NT to gas himself up and complains how church should remain separate from state yet doesn't do a damn thing to change that himself.

Be level headed OP, it's your wife, and she's your family now.� You married her for a reason right?

embarassed.gif

First OP, searching externally for reasons to believe in a god will always lead you down the wrong path. You searched everywhere but inside yourself. There's no bible, church, preacher, or religion that can substitute for that deep-seated belief that you feel inside. It's something inside you that can be manifested through those things. It's just like love. You can read books on it, see other people experience it, have other people tell you about it, but if YOU don't feel it inside yourself then move on. That is why they say God is love. If you've looked inside yourself and you don't feel any spiritual connection to a greater power it's your prerogative to not believe. But let that be YOUR choice, not because "one sides argument is overwhelmingly more understandable."

Secondly, you need to be clear about your feelings with your wife. Don't put up walls where there don't need to be any. If you can't build around God, build around love and everything else will fall into place.

Whats to say he doesn't love himself? He just doesn't believe in god. End of story. Hes not any less of a person for NOT believing in ONE religion.

I'm pretty sure analyzing evidence for claims is what allows people to adopt their particular stance. Is there more evidence for a flat earth or a slightly flattened sphere? 

This makes no sense.

God has no place in his life. He already doesn't need god in his relationship. He just wants to know how to tell his wife. Stop telling him to "go back" to faith. 
Oh noez here comes the arbiter of atheism!!! 
eyes.gif

1) Nowhere did I say he doesn't love himself or he's less of a person

2) Nowhere did I tell him to "go back" to faith.

3) There will not be a back and forth convo here. He asked for people's opinions and I gave him mine. You love to create arguments by construing other peoples words to fit your obsessive needs to impose your beliefs on others. I have no interest in spinning my wheels with your self-righteous self.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Meanwhile, you've yet to even tell your own parents...
Exactly...the internet is a great place because it grants you a great level of anonymity.� OP go handle it the way you want to handle it...but if you listen to the miserable atheist coalition you'll join them in their misery.� 

I'm miserable? Do you ever support anything you say? 
My parents know. I explained that.

Moving on.

You should be approaching your wife in a compassionate way...you have your crazy !*% beliefs, she has hers, meet in the middle take care of your kid(s) make compromise(s) and move on as a family unit.

Agreed.

You don't have to fake your position but at the same time you don't have to be a braggart like sillyputty and ride this one-trick pony called atheism or whatever he's calling himself these days.

Braggart? 
roll.gif

Son, please. You're butt hurt. You over here calling atheists "miserable"

OP IS ALREADY AN ATHEIST. Hes not questioning faith...hes already beyond that pont. He just doesn't know how to tell his wife.

Where did I tell him to do anything of the sort? I left very detailed stuff he should look into considering.
He comes to NT to gas himself up and complains how church should remain separate from state yet doesn't do a damn thing to change that himself.
I ACTUALLY do. If you would ask about what I do, I'd tell you. But since you don't know me, OR what I do in my private life, you'll continue to speculate incorrectly about the first thing that happens to come to your mind. 

Be level headed OP, it's your wife, and she's your family now.� You married her for a reason right?

Agreed.

First OP, searching externally for reasons to believe in a god will always lead you down the wrong path. You searched everywhere but inside yourself. There's no bible, church, preacher, or religion that can substitute for that deep-seated belief that you feel inside. It's something inside you that can be manifested through those things. It's just like love. You can read books on it, see other people experience it, have other people tell you about it, but if YOU don't feel it inside yourself then move on. That is why they say God is love. If you've looked inside yourself and you don't feel any spiritual connection to a greater power it's your prerogative to not believe. But let that be YOUR choice, not because "one sides argument is overwhelmingly more understandable."

This makes no sense.

Oh noez here comes the arbiter of atheism!!! 
eyes.gif

1) Nowhere did I say he doesn't love himself or he's less of a person 

Oh word?

RavageBX wrote:
First OP, searching externally for reasons to believe in a god will always lead you down the wrong path. You searched everywhere but inside yourself. There's no bible, church, preacher, or religion that can substitute for that deep-seated belief that you feel inside. It's something inside you that can be manifested through those things. It's just like love. 

2) Nowhere did I tell him to "go back" to faith.

I'm sensing a trend here:...

RavageBX wrote:
 You can read books on it, see other people experience it, have other people tell you about it, but if YOU don't feel it inside yourself then move on. That is why they say God is love. If you've looked inside yourself and you don't feel any spiritual connection to a greater power it's your prerogative to not believe. But let that be YOUR choice, not because "one sides argument is overwhelmingly more understandable."

Secondly, you need to be clear abou
t your feelings with your wife. Don't put up walls where there don't need to be any. If you can't build around God, build around love and everything else will fall into place.

3) There will not be a back and forth convo here. He asked for people's opinions and I gave him mine. You love to create arguments by construing other peoples words to fit your obsessive needs to impose your beliefs on others. I have no interest in spinning my wheels with your self-righteous self.

Good. Well now that we've addressed that, we can talk about how to help him address his wife about something he DOES NOT BELIEVE IN.

offering suggestions to "draw him back in" or "pray on it" won't help. They didn't help. And clearly hes not asking for that.

Hes asking for HOW to talk to his wife...not how to regain his faith.

what you call "considering" is what normal NT'ers would call "shoving your own atheist opinions down the throats of many NT'ers in threads you come to spend your whole day in because your a bum in real life"

Speculate or not, all I know is I don't respect you or your kin on NT not because of your cause, but the way you conduct yourselves on this site. We get it, you were scarred by religion...you may have been an altar boy...who knows...man up and stop crying all the damn time in every thread about how religion has done you wrong.

Go make a video about you taking these debates up with your parents or your grandparents and then come talk %@!$.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

what you call "considering" is what normal NT'ers would call "shoving your own atheist opinions down the throats of many NT'ers in threads you come to spend your whole day in because your a bum in real life"

Speculate or not, all I know is I don't respect you or your kin on NT not because of your cause, but the way you conduct yourselves on this site. We get it, you were scarred by religion...you may have been an altar boy...who knows...man up and stop crying all the damn time in every thread about how religion has done you wrong.

Go make a video about you taking these debates up with your parents or your grandparents and then come talk %@!$.
is that so? How'd you figure? I guess people like silly and anton have a search filter for whenever the word religion is typed aroudn here so they can come in with their zeuss capes to offer their point of view, right?
Nobody is crying. People are offering their points of view just like you're offering yours, the difference is that the majority of NT'ers seem to have something against logical answers.

HURRR I HAS TO FEEL IT BRUHZ HURR DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING ELSE, I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT HURR HURR 

Why? OP asked a question and he got an answer on how to go on about resolving this trouble of his. OP didn't ask to be turned back to religion and that's something alot of NT'ers seem to have a beef with when it comes to religion. Once somebody starts asking questions and going to NT to get answers for these doubts regarding their religion, ya'll get mad when people like silly and anton come in and give him a proper explanation regarding his illogical fallacies. Meanwhile, strange to me though, ya'll come in and tell him to stop questioning his religion and to just follow blindly. 

I just dont' understand the unwarranted hate.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

There is a lot of atheist woman in the world, you could just make sure she is one so you could avoid all of this
From what I remember you are in highschool? so right now atheist girls are "sparse"�but there is �a lot out there.

Was this to me, or the person I quoted? Because I'm not in high school.
And a someone being an atheist is somewhat rare, never mind a woman who shares other interests as me, and is my type looks wise.�

Spoiler [+]
� 

I thought I heard you talking about a AP class, so I assumed you were in high school, my mistake.
Make a�compromise�my friend
laugh.gif
. Dont waste your time and getting with someone you are not compatible with.

At first she may not care if you dont believe like her, but chances are eventually she will try and convert you and the kids, it happens all the time.

I thought I heard you talking about a AP class, so I assumed you were in high school, my mistake.
Make a�compromise�my friend
laugh.gif
. Dont waste your time and getting with someone you are not compatible with.

At first she may not care if you dont believe like her, but chances are eventually she will try and convert you and the kids, it happens all the time.

Oh, no I mentioned my A&P class (Anatomy & Physiology), college course.
I mean, I'm pretty open, and I'm not shallow or anything, but these things matter.. 
laugh.gif

And for the record, I can not be converted. I am unconvertible. 
glasses.gif

As am I 
http://media.photobucket.com/image/priceline/RogerRamirezJr/shatneremag1.jpg?o=16

Don't say you weren't warned.

Just tell her next time you're talkin about serious stuff. she's your wife my man, she's gonna understand...

Oh, no I mentioned my A&P class (Anatomy & Physiology), college course.
I mean, I'm pretty open, and I'm not shallow or anything, but these things matter.. 
laugh.gif

And for the record, I can not be converted. I am unconvertible. 
glasses.gif
As am I 
http://media.photobucket.com/image/priceline/RogerRamirezJr/shatneremag1.jpg?o=16

Don't say you weren't warned.

laugh.gif

And if you're gonna threaten me, at least come at me proper and post the pic right..

I tried it wouldnt work
frown.gif

The warn was separate from the priceline reference/pic.

Last year I finally came out and told my Girl and my family kind of knew already but she was Ok with it. She doesn't live by or quote the bible like those hardcore christians do so it was pretty easy. 

Man... what?  I thought you were about to tell us that you don't know how to tell your wife you cheated on her.  OP, it's not that big of a deal.  If they're gonna look at you differently then who cares?  As long you're happy, your kids are happy, and your wife is happy then let them talk behind your back.  Walk up to her brother and smack the kufi off his head if he comes at you with some bs about not believing in God...

If you are judged for what you believe in or not, then keep it moving. Is like me (an Atheist) saying "I cant believe your religious, I hate your for it"

Back
Top Bottom