I don't know how to prepare myself for upcoming Season of Tebow

SI.com
Now Florida quarterback Tim Tebow has inspired one writer in Brooklyn to start a Web site entirely focused on the quarterback. Dan Shanoff, a blogger for the Sporting News and a former Page 2 writer at ESPN, says he started his TimTeblog on July 15 because "there is no bigger topic in sports." (The equally obsessive TebowZone.com has been around since August 2007.)

I asked Shanoff how his site could cover Tebow better than a print or online reporter who interacts with the quarterback on a daily basis. "The site's critical quality -- I won't call it an advantage -- is its focus: There are plenty of folks out there covering college football from the national level, covering the SEC as a conference, covering Florida as a beat. But I am the only one focused entirely on Tebow, and that hyper-topical approach is important: It allows me to be nimble enough to get interesting memes or stories out to the audience quickly but also allows me to offer unique depth and comprehensiveness of coverage -- not just writing specifically about Tebow news but riffing off news to provide a Tebow-centric angle."

Shanoff says his site has an end date: April 23, 2010. That's the day after the first round of the NFL draft.

This is only getting better...

I don't mind the press he gets. It can seem OD at times, but I like the fact that there are some athletes out there in focus on the voluntary andconsistent acts of kindness rather than the other extreme of media. That being the crude and involuntary acts of arrogance and selfishness seen more often thannot.

It's not like we're not used to media slurpage anyway.

Back
Top Bottom