I Don't Drink, So I Don't Understand. But Why Do People Allow Others (Strangers Too) To.............

drink before/after them when alcohol is involved?

Is it because you don't care at that moment since alcohol is in your system?

Some of the OCD-est people I know that won't take a bite after their own mothers let strangers drink before/after them with no problem.

Smokers too..........

Hmm don't know. But, then again I don't drink from other peoples bottles.

Well you're inebriated, so the norm doesn't apply as much as it usually would. Like if you're doing a roulette shot game with a bunch of girls...it's not likely that you'll ask them to wash the cups before you take yours.

I am moreso talking about males sharing bottles with other males.

Yea alcohol might kill the bacteria, but the thought of another person's saliva sitting on the rim of a cup/bottle. Yuck man

you have a good point there....

I hate doing that, but with alcohol, I might overlookit depending on my willingness to drink...and depend who..

Theres a lot of things about drinking I dont understand. I personally dont drink so I just sit back and watch in amazement/shock. Its tv to me.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Who does that?!
sick.gif

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

Who does that?!
sick.gif

I dunno about sharing drinks with other dudes. But if I'm at a bar and somebody's like dam this @+% is strong or the bartender hooked them up andthey're like taste this. That happens on rare occasion.

Yea alcohol might kill the bacteria, but the thought of another person's saliva sitting on the rim of a cup/bottle. Yuck man
Agreed, i think it has alot to do with the urge to get drunk, aswell as not looking like a clown who passed up on the bottle cuz he/she is agermaphobe.

So, its a part of socially being accepted, aswell as the stimuli alcohol creates.

Its all peer pressure. But you are right, its gross as hell..

Male on male is no different than male on female in this case. Its still someone else's saliva. There really is no need to even get into gender....unlessyoure implying that males sharing a bottle is gay or something. Are you?

As for the topic at hand, I dont really think people would often share bottles of hard liquor.
If a bottle gets purchased, its common practice to get enough cups for everyone.

In some instances where people are just too drunk to worry about cups, well all I can say is live a little man.
If its a close group of friends and youre all comfortable enough to be getting drunk with each other, theres nothing terribly wrong with it.

It is all disgusting. Drinking after someone. Male or Female. Some people will justify drinking after a female because she is female. As if they have cleanerspit or something.

But when I think of drinking after someone, the first image is dudes in the club sharing bottles with each other.

I see it often and I don't even club that much. Friend or not, it is a disgusting practice. Them being a close friend doesn't make it any less nastyLOL.

Originally Posted by Sighfur

Agreed, i think it has alot to do with the urge to get drunk, aswell as not looking like a clown who passed up on the bottle cuz he/she is a germaphobe.

So, its a part of socially being accepted, aswell as the stimuli alcohol creates.

Its all peer pressure. But you are right, its gross as hell..
Yea that is essentially where I was getting at. It is peer pressure. Who really wants to be the part pooper, even though deep down inside theydon't WANT to drink after others. Folks with messed up teeth/mouths. Come on now, why would anyone want to drink after that LOL.

You can catch hepatitis but not herpes that way.

Your inhibitions are gone, most of the things you worry about during your sober life really dont apply while your drinking.
I Only share my drinks with close friends. < if i do slip up and let someone try my drink, i usually just let them have it and take the L.

About your question: Usually when your drinking with others, your trying to have fun. So you really dont stress the small things that are going on.

Ive been to the club quite a few times myself and its not something Ive witnessed.
Bottles cost a pretty penny at the club and they give more than enough cups for all the people in the group.

Maybe if you were drunk like the rest of us, you wouldnt pay attention to these minor details.

Or if people are passing around a bottle and everybody is just taking swigs. I think the bottom line is nobody cares about those germs. In a normal situation Iwould hate to share a bottle with somebody, but it isn't that big of a deal to me. Like the dude said you're trying to have fun.

as much as op gets hated on he raises some good points sometimes

im guilty of sharing bottles and when youre in that situation youre just not thinking about germs for whatever reason

and since were talking about saliva what about for my smokers,not only are you smoking behind someone else but what about when someone else rolls the blunt?

nasty $$*# when you think about it but still not enough to get me to quit either...*kanye shrug*

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

oh calm down it's just saliva
Yeah! You're telling me that you all, who constantly are like "I brought this b home from the club she was so fine",will cram yourtongue down a random chick's throat and then put your dong in her but won't risk a slight saliva transfer from a cup? Please.

I only ever share w my friends, though. It's rare that a situation will arise when a total stranger wants to taste your drink. When you're a girl,anyway. Bc then it's like....just buy one yourself and while you're at it, get me one too.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom