I Dare Someone To Name A Worse Draft Pick Than ...

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by murkdaddy

oh yeah, and greg oden.....

I know half of the free world on the eastern civilation will be in an uproar with my statement but f it. Not because of talent or production, but i gotta say in recent years its Yao Ming. I mean i cant think maybe with the exception of Kobe and Lebron, who is so hyped, so talked about. I mean when you look at the overall picture. He was suppose to be this international mecca, that brought the nba to the world, almost a second comming if you will. He has been in the league for several years and i dont think all his games combine equal to 2-3 seasons. This is the same guy that for years lead the nba in allstar voting and didnt even step a foot on the court. You know its bad when more ppl think yao in a hospital, hasnt played a game this season, produces/had a better season then the entire western conference with the exception of Kobe. I mean yes i respect his game (the times he consistantly played) and he showed flashes of greatness on occasion. But considering the fact he cripple a franchise, and made it for the next few years virtually impossible for houston to grow through draft and trades. Had a bigger impact bust then a kwame,olowakandi etc..

Am i saying he is the biggest bust talent-wise NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!. But as far as hype and what was expected from him yes. In the last few years not alltime 
I'd have to agree with you on Yao. He was def a good player, however it's like the saying goes the bigger they are the harder they fall. Unfortunately Yao has been plagued with the injury bug as of late. I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire in the next couple of years.  

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by murkdaddy

oh yeah, and greg oden.....

I know half of the free world on the eastern civilation will be in an uproar with my statement but f it. Not because of talent or production, but i gotta say in recent years its Yao Ming. I mean i cant think maybe with the exception of Kobe and Lebron, who is so hyped, so talked about. I mean when you look at the overall picture. He was suppose to be this international mecca, that brought the nba to the world, almost a second comming if you will. He has been in the league for several years and i dont think all his games combine equal to 2-3 seasons. This is the same guy that for years lead the nba in allstar voting and didnt even step a foot on the court. You know its bad when more ppl think yao in a hospital, hasnt played a game this season, produces/had a better season then the entire western conference with the exception of Kobe. I mean yes i respect his game (the times he consistantly played) and he showed flashes of greatness on occasion. But considering the fact he cripple a franchise, and made it for the next few years virtually impossible for houston to grow through draft and trades. Had a bigger impact bust then a kwame,olowakandi etc..

Am i saying he is the biggest bust talent-wise NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!. But as far as hype and what was expected from him yes. In the last few years not alltime 
I'd have to agree with you on Yao. He was def a good player, however it's like the saying goes the bigger they are the harder they fall. Unfortunately Yao has been plagued with the injury bug as of late. I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire in the next couple of years.  

Yao played the full 82 plus playoff games for his first 2 seasons and then played 80 in his 3rd.

He has career averages of 19 and 9 with 2 blocks and shoots 83% from the stripe.

He also played ball every summer in China immediately after his season would end.

Considering the outcomes of every other nba player above 7'3, Yao has more than lived up to his expectation.

Yao played the full 82 plus playoff games for his first 2 seasons and then played 80 in his 3rd.

He has career averages of 19 and 9 with 2 blocks and shoots 83% from the stripe.

He also played ball every summer in China immediately after his season would end.

Considering the outcomes of every other nba player above 7'3, Yao has more than lived up to his expectation.

a9cac724567e27601e951c2e16adb6fb.jpg

Blazers would have been better off drafting ol' girl right here. At least she is sturdy enough to play in more than 25% of games I'm sure, especially if she can take...

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

I disagree. The majority of nba fans(in the US and not Chinese etc), the rockets org, disagrees also. Its no way you draft a guy and pay the ridiculous amount he was paid. To get decent numbers for about 3 yrs. His hype and his race factor far exceeds what he has done on the court. Its a few players in the league right now actually who average those numbers and the hype behind them is nowhere near that of Yao. He might be from an overall standpoint the most hyped up athlete in recent years of all sports. And all im saying while decent numbers, its nowhere, not even close to equaling the hype.

You dont live up to the hype averaging the same numbers or less than a blake griffin, kevin love etc.... Yea i know LeBron got hyped, nowhere from a global standpoint Yao Ming has. But atleast outside of not winning a chip yet, is an athlete and plays (has a game) like no other player the NBA has seen. For all the hype he got, and still gets see almost leading the nba in allstar votes even though not playing. He hasnt even got close game-wise lived up to that hype.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

I disagree. The majority of nba fans(in the US and not Chinese etc), the rockets org, disagrees also. Its no way you draft a guy and pay the ridiculous amount he was paid. To get decent numbers for about 3 yrs. His hype and his race factor far exceeds what he has done on the court. Its a few players in the league right now actually who average those numbers and the hype behind them is nowhere near that of Yao. He might be from an overall standpoint the most hyped up athlete in recent years of all sports. And all im saying while decent numbers, its nowhere, not even close to equaling the hype.

You dont live up to the hype averaging the same numbers or less than a blake griffin, kevin love etc.... Yea i know LeBron got hyped, nowhere from a global standpoint Yao Ming has. But atleast outside of not winning a chip yet, is an athlete and plays (has a game) like no other player the NBA has seen. For all the hype he got, and still gets see almost leading the nba in allstar votes even though not playing. He hasnt even got close game-wise lived up to that hype.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

The worst thing anyone could have done to this thread was respond. Just another name to scratch of the Logical NTers list.

damn. VERY TRUE

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

The worst thing anyone could have done to this thread was respond. Just another name to scratch of the Logical NTers list.

damn. VERY TRUE

Back
Top Bottom