I can't believe there are still people like this in the world

Dustin Calvin Benningfield i'm so tired of hearing about brock, almost as tired asi am of hearing about haiti.

Dustin Calvin Benningfield
no really brian i don't care. omg an earthquake, wow that sucks. last time i checked there were still over 3 million living on the streets of the usa everyday. but no one cares to help that, so sure let's give money to the drug dealing, aids having haitians. you must have never met an actual hatian.

27 minutes ago · Report

*saw these comments on jimmy john's fanpage posting of brock lesnar returning to UFC.

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

no really brian i don't care. omg an earthquake, wow that sucks. last time i checked there were still over 3 million living on the streets of the usa everyday. but no one cares to help that, so sure let's give money to the drug dealing, aids having haitians. you must have never met an actual hatian.
This is a valid point.

Not saying i agree with him. But i asked the other day, WHY WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS SOMEWHERE ELSE... AMERICA IS QUICK TO RUN AND HELP, SOMETHING HAPPENS HERE..I SEE NO HELPING HANDS. just a thought.

smh.gif

karma will catch up.

Yea, minus all that stereotypical *#@+, dude is right.

We're so quick to help these other countries when we don't even look after our own...

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

This is a valid point.
This.

And I heard that more money was donated in the first 48 hours than in all of Katrina. Don't know if its true. How do we still have people living in shacksfrom Katrina tho?

This is a valid point.

Thats not a valid point.
Even the homeless people in this country have it better than people in countries as poor as Haiti.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Not saying i agree with him. But i asked the other day, WHY WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS SOMEWHERE ELSE... AMERICA IS QUICK TO RUN AND HELP, SOMETHING HAPPENS HERE.. I SEE NO HELPING HANDS. just a thought.

exactly, I didn't see the whoel rest of the world sending aid to Louisiana after Katrina.

He does provide a very good point.

If we cut the amount of money we give to other countries in half, we'd still be among the top countries in terms of donating goes.

And while people should feel sympathy for others who have to suffer through something as horrible as that earthquake was, no one gives a damn about the dudeliving in their alley way who got laid off, lost his family, and has nothing to live for anymore.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Not saying i agree with him. But i asked the other day, WHY WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS SOMEWHERE ELSE... AMERICA IS QUICK TO RUN AND HELP, SOMETHING HAPPENS HERE..
I SEE NO HELPING HANDS. just a thought.

exactly, I didn't see the whoel rest of the world sending aid to Louisiana after Katrina.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by Diego

This is a valid point.

Thats not a valid point.
Even the homeless people in this country have it better than people in countries as poor as Haiti.
exactly.

but i still dont agree with the "temporary" citizenship so they can work and whatever when so much of our own nation is jobless.

This is a valid point.

Thats not a valid point.
it is valid
we need to help our people first and then others

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Not saying i agree with him. But i asked the other day, WHY WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENS SOMEWHERE ELSE... AMERICA IS QUICK TO RUN AND HELP, SOMETHING HAPPENS HERE.. I SEE NO HELPING HANDS. just a thought.

exactly, I didn't see the whole rest of the world sending aid to Louisiana after Katrina.
Truth.

Originally Posted by sam206

This is a valid point.

Thats not a valid point.
it is valid
I'm not saying its a perfect system (or anywhere close to it) but we do have social programs that help OUR people. Do you really think a bumwalks into the ER and is expected to pay his hospital bill? While it may not be enough to live a comfortable life, there are programs like Welfare andUnemployment.

Originally Posted by sam206

This is a valid point.

Thats not a valid point.
it is valid

For everyone saying that its a valid point:

When was the last time they took the time to help the less fortunate in their community?
Its easy to preach and ask that our people get help first, but nobody is willing to take that initiative and help those we come in a direct contact with on adaily basis.

It just starts to feel like everyone will never be satisfied.
Its crazy to think that a country like Haiti is receiving "too much help".

As far as no country helped America during Katrina goes is bologna. I coulda swore I saw Afghanistan and Vietnam send $100,00 each. Not much, but they donthave much.

i hate when people compare a TRAGEDYto poor people in this country...don't get me wrong...i feel for the poor here also but c'mon...the people in Haitidon't even hospitals right now...i heard almost half the population will be amputees by the time this is over b/c wounds that could have been treated havenot been cuz they were found to late or no medical supplies at the time...

as if you can help both...

This is a valid point.
Thats not a valid point.
Comparatively speaking, the homeless in US are better off than the homeless in Haiti. But cross-country comparisons mean nothing. The US is therichest nation.

How does the standard of living of the homeless compare to that of an average American? Quite a disparity, huh?

Originally Posted by krazy88s

As far as no country helped America during Katrina goes is bologna. I coulda swore I saw Afghanistan and Vietnam send $100,00 each. Not much, but they dont have much.

Unlike Haiti and many other poor nations, The US actually had the resources to recover from Katrina.
Our govt just did a horrible job at using them properly.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

As far as no country helped America during Katrina goes is bologna. I coulda swore I saw Afghanistan and Vietnam send $100,00 each. Not much, but they dont have much.

Unlike Haiti and many other poor nations, The US actually had the resources to recover from Katrina.
Our govt just did a horrible job at using them properly.

Hmm. You maybe right. I dont recall all that helped, lended a hand.

Yes we have a lot of homeless, but who are we to say WHY they are homeless? There could have been many homeless in Haiti too, who knows. But it's becauseof a disaster they couldn't prevent. Either way, it's an appalling statement IMO.

He apparently doesnt care about what happened to Haiti.

And quite honestly, thats him. Who cares? If he doesnt choose to care then he doesnt, there isnt anything wrong with that at all.

You dont HAVE to help, you dont HAVE to feel bad for what happened.

Of course thats what seperates the "good" people from the people who dont care, but at the end of the day no ones in the wrong.

sam206 wrote:

Diego wrote:

Dunkaroos wrote:

Da XpLiCiT OnE wrote:

This is a valid point.

Thats not a valid point.

it is valid

For everyone saying that its a valid point:

When was the last time they took the time to help the less fortunate in their community?
Its easy to preach and ask that our people get help first, but nobody is willing to take that initiative and help those we come in a direct contact with on a daily basis.

It just starts to feel like everyone will never be satisfied.
Its crazy to think that a country like Haiti is receiving "too much help".

First off OP, you're a #%@$ if not a racist, for saying all that $#% about haitians dealing drugs and it'sAIDS problem. last time i checked, AIDS is a widespread epidemic, regardless if it's more common in some places than others...and as for drug dealers, areyou f'ing serious? i wish i knew who you were so i could knock you out for saying that ignorant stuff. even the richest suburbia-living kid could be movingweight so @*%%. Man, i wonder what you were saying about those asians when the tsunami hit a few years ago
eyes.gif
...yea my bad.

Now, as Haiti being the poorest country in the hemisphere (fact + i've been there many times visiting family), and how they already suffered like 2hurricanes already, that country cannot receive too much help. YES, i agree that some countries, particularly Canada and US are using Haiti to repair and/orimprove their image internationally, however at the end of the day Haiti needs the aid. Bottom line. The country has little resources to support itself.There's no haitian FEMA, so it's only fitting for the US to save day. After all, this country sees itself as police to the world historically speakingso why wouldn't they get involved?

Back
Top Bottom