Hype Around Space Jams and Concords

For me, it's all about the memories of these kicks from my youth. Sucks the quality isn't amazing--but that won't stop me!

I currently have the DMP 11's but I haven't wore them , I'm thinking of wearing them before they drop this winter???

I currently have the DMP 11's but I haven't wore them , I'm thinking of wearing them before they drop this winter???

I wouldn't pay $400 for any shoe but if people have the money then whatever. Especially for the SJs, I can understand, even if they yellow. That's like saying you shouldn't buy car because the paint will scratch.
What I can't understand is anyone spending $450 on YOTR VIIs.
sick.gif
  a garbage CW. If they were a GR the would sit just like the orion blues.

I wouldn't pay $400 for any shoe but if people have the money then whatever. Especially for the SJs, I can understand, even if they yellow. That's like saying you shouldn't buy car because the paint will scratch.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by NeverSellThem

sick.gif
the reason certain shoes cost so much is because there are less pairs than people who want and the people without pairs (and those with pairs) will pay if they feel the price is worth it....If YOTR VIIs, were GR they MAY have sat, but remember if the number of pairs is less than the number of people who want them, they will be worth something more than retail (and as people wear pairs the demand gets larger and larger only as long as people are feeling the shoes, just because it a shoe is GR doesnt mean it wont be worth something years after the initial drop, simply because pairs will be worn).Look at how many GRs are worth a lot...Just a side note: The word "limited" on releases, for me, is just a word, as long as a shoe has more people than pairs IMO it is "limited."  .

One comment on recent retros. CG 11s (the recent retros) were going for a high amount (I cant remember exactly how much) on and immdiately after RD, but one day, the demand seemed to drop suddenly, and the price fell. WC 3s, were going for 240ish on and around RD, but again the price dropped after a certain amount of time. I went into my store and saw WC 3s in size 10 and this was a month after RD....So I think JB overproduced on WC 3s, and I have no idea what happened on CG 11s, was it just RD hype or did people really lose an interest in the shoe?

Originally Posted by NeverSellThem

sick.gif
the reason certain shoes cost so much is because there are less pairs than people who want and the people without pairs (and those with pairs) will pay if they feel the price is worth it....If YOTR VIIs, were GR they MAY have sat, but remember if the number of pairs is less than the number of people who want them, they will be worth something more than retail (and as people wear pairs the demand gets larger and larger only as long as people are feeling the shoes, just because it a shoe is GR doesnt mean it wont be worth something years after the initial drop, simply because pairs will be worn).Look at how many GRs are worth a lot...Just a side note: The word "limited" on releases, for me, is just a word, as long as a shoe has more people than pairs IMO it is "limited."  .

One comment on recent retros. CG 11s (the recent retros) were going for a high amount (I cant remember exactly how much) on and immdiately after RD, but one day, the demand seemed to drop suddenly, and the price fell. WC 3s, were going for 240ish on and around RD, but again the price dropped after a certain amount of time. I went into my store and saw WC 3s in size 10 and this was a month after RD....So I think JB overproduced on WC 3s, and I have no idea what happened on CG 11s, was it just RD hype or did people really lose an interest in the shoe?

XI's are the most iconic shoe in the most iconic line of tennis shoes in existence. The hype for the shoe practically justifiess itself. This whole "yellowing" thing is blown out of proportion, my retro Concords look dope despite the yellowed sole.

XI's are the most iconic shoe in the most iconic line of tennis shoes in existence. The hype for the shoe practically justifiess itself. This whole "yellowing" thing is blown out of proportion, my retro Concords look dope despite the yellowed sole.

younger people these days ages 15-21 just dont really like the 3s i guess...IDK what to say to it!

younger people these days ages 15-21 just dont really like the 3s i guess...IDK what to say to it!

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

thers a lot of significance with this shoe.. not just the style, but also that remarkable season with the bulls.

smile.gif

This did it for me. I remember as a young pup watching the Bulls pull off that incredible 72-10 season. It was phenomenal! I still get goosebumps watching highlights of MJ holding the ball on the ground, crying wearing the Black/Red XI's in the locker room after the Finals. HISTORY!

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

thers a lot of significance with this shoe.. not just the style, but also that remarkable season with the bulls.

smile.gif

This did it for me. I remember as a young pup watching the Bulls pull off that incredible 72-10 season. It was phenomenal! I still get goosebumps watching highlights of MJ holding the ball on the ground, crying wearing the Black/Red XI's in the locker room after the Finals. HISTORY!

Look at all of the basketball shoes that dropped in 1996 and compare them to the XI. You will notice that the XI is way more stylish and utilized certain materials that were ahead of its time or just unknown to athletic shoes.

That being said, it still doesnt justify the hype that surrounds it today. Sure they are a great sneaker but to pay more than twice the OG price is ridiculous even with inflation. JB and Nike know what they are doing as well, making it one of their higher priced GR retros.

Dont get me wrong, I love XIs. I own two pairs. But I own them because I actually like them not because Im looking to go out in public waiting for someone to stare at my feet.

Look at all of the basketball shoes that dropped in 1996 and compare them to the XI. You will notice that the XI is way more stylish and utilized certain materials that were ahead of its time or just unknown to athletic shoes.

That being said, it still doesnt justify the hype that surrounds it today. Sure they are a great sneaker but to pay more than twice the OG price is ridiculous even with inflation. JB and Nike know what they are doing as well, making it one of their higher priced GR retros.

Dont get me wrong, I love XIs. I own two pairs. But I own them because I actually like them not because Im looking to go out in public waiting for someone to stare at my feet.

the only way you would know they hype and extreme love for these shoes is if you were old enough to understand basketball and love shoes when they released, nothing like them and everything else after them being emulated around the jordan XI. so when you say you dont understand they hype i just think that you are either to young or just very uneducated about basketball shoes. trust me pick a basketball shoe you like and it will more than likely have some XI influence. it deserves respect... it demands it. its just a shame the quality that they put on a shoe that saved mj's career. best shoe ever hands down.

the only way you would know they hype and extreme love for these shoes is if you were old enough to understand basketball and love shoes when they released, nothing like them and everything else after them being emulated around the jordan XI. so when you say you dont understand they hype i just think that you are either to young or just very uneducated about basketball shoes. trust me pick a basketball shoe you like and it will more than likely have some XI influence. it deserves respect... it demands it. its just a shame the quality that they put on a shoe that saved mj's career. best shoe ever hands down.

Back
Top Bottom