Hurricane Milton...

Gonna be watching with fear from afar, hoping everybody is going to be smart, taking all the necessary steps.

Screenshot_20241008_220058_DuckDuckGo.jpg

From Tampa Mayor Castor

Screenshot_20241008_220436_Chrome.jpg

Reminded me of
die.jpeg

:wow:

The government better Swiftly respond. I don't mind helping if FEMA needs me for the recovery ill be out there.

Last edited:
I believe I saw that as well. The dude was legit shaken up and tearing up because of how catastrophic this could turn out.

All those areas on the Gulf Coast that are still recovering from Helene are about to get hit even harder this go round.

If we’re speaking of the same meteorologist, it’s the second slide.

That's John Morales. I grew up watching him down here and remember my dad saying that whatever he says goes. Seeing his reaction to Milton def had me shook the last couple days but it looks like Broward is going to be spared the worst of it. I know it's just a matter of time though.

It’s gone be a cat 3 when it makes landfall. Still strong as hell but not a 5. I’m in Broward and we chilling.

I got a homie who lives in Tampa and didn’t even know about the storm. Folk is an imbecile. I told buddy to evacuate
Ain’t no way I’m dealing with any Hurricane above a Category 1. I’m firing off

I'm in Orlando. It will be a Cat 2 by the time it gets to us (if current path holds). I'm not in a flood/evacuation zone.

We are getting rain bands right now which are nothing more than just some light rain. It will be directly over us at around 8am Thursday.

I have been through a couple of these before. In 2004 when Charley hit, we would hear the wind howling and the tree branches snapping. If you haven't heard that before it is scary. Then in 2017 I lost a mango tree with Irma.

Hopefully those in the evacuation zones on the coast are safe.

I am on the East Coast about 20 miles north of the projected track and my beach house is about 20 miles south of the projected track. We are going to get hit but I hope that it is mild. Neither house is in a flood plain. We will be hunkered down at home.

My little sister and her family had plans for like a year to go to Disney this week. Last minute they decided to push it back to the spring. Probably the correct decision.

Spent a bunch of time in Tampa over the years. Fun place

But man... if there's anywhere that could take this type of storm lightly..

Been dodging major storms for so long that it doesn't register with certain folks

I think all that can be hoped for is it stays south of Tampa to lessen storm surge

Back
Top Bottom