HUF San Fransisco closing down...sad

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Man, this is the first thing that reminded me of HUF in a long while. Must be over 2 years since I've gone there. To the people complaining about customer service...I honestly didn't think there was a problem with it. If you deep enough into clothing, I'm gonna go and venture a guess that the employees assumed you knew what you were into and didn't need to introduce you to all the things they had displayed. When I did have questions, they didn't show any attitude or condescension towards me and were pretty helpful. I was kinda bummed when the first clothing store closed because that had a whole bunch of stuff in it too...I rather not be left with just TRUE and Stussy, but it is what it is....so are they closing now or can I make one last trip within a week or two?
they got better later on, but I'm talking about 03-05 right around when they first got started.  Some of their employees were straight up douches.  I'm not talkin about them not greeting customers cause I can careless about that, but they would look at their customers in a weird way.  Sort of like how if someone was dressed super bummy and walked into louis vuitton and got the " oh he don't got money for this" look from the sales associate.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Man, this is the first thing that reminded me of HUF in a long while. Must be over 2 years since I've gone there. To the people complaining about customer service...I honestly didn't think there was a problem with it. If you deep enough into clothing, I'm gonna go and venture a guess that the employees assumed you knew what you were into and didn't need to introduce you to all the things they had displayed. When I did have questions, they didn't show any attitude or condescension towards me and were pretty helpful. I was kinda bummed when the first clothing store closed because that had a whole bunch of stuff in it too...I rather not be left with just TRUE and Stussy, but it is what it is....so are they closing now or can I make one last trip within a week or two?
they got better later on, but I'm talking about 03-05 right around when they first got started.  Some of their employees were straight up douches.  I'm not talkin about them not greeting customers cause I can careless about that, but they would look at their customers in a weird way.  Sort of like how if someone was dressed super bummy and walked into louis vuitton and got the " oh he don't got money for this" look from the sales associate.

ForeverDecember21 wrote:
Am i thee only one that doesnt care?

Like yeah theyre closing down the store but theyre still eating and hes doing it so he can focus on his brand. The hell is so sad about it?

Its not like they filed for bankruptcy or something..

swendro88 wrote:

Good, I remember I went in there and was in there looking around by myself for a good 10 minutes and none of the workers said ANYTHING

I'll never understand why people get but hurt over this.
Don't get it either. What's with dudes needing to be coddled by retail employees?

It's called customer service.

kix4kix wrote:
RB925 wrote:
Bad customer service = no business.
Why do you think Upper Playground is still in business after all these years? 

Maybe because their customer service is 
eek.gif
, whether you're wearing 

your $500 Supreme HIs your mommy bought you or some K-Swiss classics

with the sliding color changes on the side, don't matter to them. 

HUF workers, calm down, ya'll work in a shoe store. 

Co-sign. Upper Playground cats always been mad chill. 

Big fan of this brand. I'm from Chicago though so I don't have any experience with the employees. Nice to hear this. 
pimp.gif

ForeverDecember21 wrote:
Am i thee only one that doesnt care?

Like yeah theyre closing down the store but theyre still eating and hes doing it so he can focus on his brand. The hell is so sad about it?

Its not like they filed for bankruptcy or something..

swendro88 wrote:

Good, I remember I went in there and was in there looking around by myself for a good 10 minutes and none of the workers said ANYTHING

Don't get it either. What's with dudes needing to be coddled by retail employees?

It's called customer service.

kix4kix wrote:
RB925 wrote:
Bad customer service = no business.
Why do you think Upper Playground is still in business after all these years? 

Maybe because their customer service is 
eek.gif
, whether you're wearing 

your $500 Supreme HIs your mommy bought you or some K-Swiss classics

with the sliding color changes on the side, don't matter to them. 

HUF workers, calm down, ya'll work in a shoe store. 

Co-sign. Upper Playground cats always been mad chill. 

Big fan of this brand. I'm from Chicago though so I don't have any experience with the employees. Nice to hear this. 
pimp.gif

Sad to hear this about the SF store, but just picked up a HUF grey peacoat in January at their sale in LA.

Fairfax
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sad to hear this about the SF store, but just picked up a HUF grey peacoat in January at their sale in LA.

Fairfax
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Huf is such a staple in our community
I'm glad they're keeping the LA store, the LA HATS ARE THE TOUGHEST LOOKING, I THINK!!!

Huf is such a staple in our community
I'm glad they're keeping the LA store, the LA HATS ARE THE TOUGHEST LOOKING, I THINK!!!

Originally Posted by jonwin

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by LB510

they better not step into undftd or supreme then
or any other streetwear, boutique, etc shop for that matter 
laugh.gif
they were talking my ear off when i went to undftd...

Originally Posted by jonwin

Originally Posted by CWrite78

they better not step into undftd or supreme then
or any other streetwear, boutique, etc shop for that matter 
laugh.gif
they were talking my ear off when i went to undftd...

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

The Hundreds will be next
laugh.gif

Aaanyways.

Truly the end of an era.. for Huf SF. But Huf as a brand continues to thrive and flourish. I miss the days of all 3 Sutter shops most of all, they really defined the San Francisco streetwear/sneaker experience.  I am a Keith Hufnagel fan first and foremost for skateboarding, and then once he opened his retail boutiques, he did some amazing things that none of us could even imagine. Now he and the Huf crew are onto the next thing that is right for their company, maybe not as much noise as a 100-person lineup for a Nike, but quietly making a mark through wholesale.

San Francisco is still alive and strong as ever, do not get it wrong. Why don't we look to our good man Mike Brown and TRUE for example, holding down the game forever and not going anywhere.  Black Scale has brought a new element and light to SF.  Benny Gold? An SF icon at this point.  I personally long for the days in the City of Red Five, Rolo, and Recon.  When those stores closed down, people said the same thing but then a new generation of brands (including ours) moved in and have carried on a tradition.

RIP to HUF in SF.  But always looking forward to what the Bay has got up its sleeve, home of true cultural purveyors.  So.. who's next???
Mind blown 
smokin.gif
. Bobby Hundreds is on NKETLK? If this is really you, we've met and said what's up to each other a couple times at Agenda and Magic; enjoying the stuff you guys been puttin out lately. If this isn't really you and I'm just a gullible noob, then I apologize in advance everybody 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bobbytripledigits

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

The Hundreds will be next
laugh.gif

Aaanyways.

Truly the end of an era.. for Huf SF. But Huf as a brand continues to thrive and flourish. I miss the days of all 3 Sutter shops most of all, they really defined the San Francisco streetwear/sneaker experience.  I am a Keith Hufnagel fan first and foremost for skateboarding, and then once he opened his retail boutiques, he did some amazing things that none of us could even imagine. Now he and the Huf crew are onto the next thing that is right for their company, maybe not as much noise as a 100-person lineup for a Nike, but quietly making a mark through wholesale.

San Francisco is still alive and strong as ever, do not get it wrong. Why don't we look to our good man Mike Brown and TRUE for example, holding down the game forever and not going anywhere.  Black Scale has brought a new element and light to SF.  Benny Gold? An SF icon at this point.  I personally long for the days in the City of Red Five, Rolo, and Recon.  When those stores closed down, people said the same thing but then a new generation of brands (including ours) moved in and have carried on a tradition.

RIP to HUF in SF.  But always looking forward to what the Bay has got up its sleeve, home of true cultural purveyors.  So.. who's next???
Mind blown 
smokin.gif
. Bobby Hundreds is on NKETLK? If this is really you, we've met and said what's up to each other a couple times at Agenda and Magic; enjoying the stuff you guys been puttin out lately. If this isn't really you and I'm just a gullible noob, then I apologize in advance everybody 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Originally Posted by MK25toLife

Coddled =/= Acknowledged

In the new economy, many retail outlets have adapted to the Nordstrom way of at least just greeting customers...if you don't, you will fail.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Coddled =/= Acknowledged

In the new economy, many retail outlets have adapted to the Nordstrom way of at least just greeting customers...if you don't, you will fail.

Every time I went to SF, I always told myself I would visit Huf.  Just to check it out, never been a boutique guy, I've only been to the shops on Melrose once (Never been to FCLA 
ohwell.gif
).  I dig sneakers, but never been into streetwear.

Still, just wanted to check it out, maybe pick up a souvenir fitted.

Every time I went to SF, I always told myself I would visit Huf.  Just to check it out, never been a boutique guy, I've only been to the shops on Melrose once (Never been to FCLA 
ohwell.gif
).  I dig sneakers, but never been into streetwear.

Still, just wanted to check it out, maybe pick up a souvenir fitted.

i actually like when employees leave me alone.  i don't care if they say hi either.  i'll ask for help if i need it.

Back
Top Bottom