HUF Hupper 420 pack

Originally Posted by macgyver35

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

if the canvas is ugly, no matter how much color you put on, its still gonna ugly.....Keith should have never got rid of the skyline (I know Benny left but still), and he certainly didnt make matters better by doing this shoe line. No wonder he closed the SF store. I heard from multiple shops, that these sold out though.

Of course they soldout. The shoe is extremely limited. What do you mean "no matter how much color you put on it, its still gonna be* ugly"? There's two colors on it.. 
laugh.gif
. It's a basic skate shoe with a special touch.  You come off like you're hating way too hard. You don't have to like the shoe, but to bash on the shop closing in SF and not even really know why they did have to close is pretty lame. The shop closed because one of their high profile brand accounts was no longer selling well and they were accumulating debt trying to stick it out in the interest of the brand.  At some point though you just have to say enough is enough and end that business. I'm happy to see Huf is maintaining and working on their own line. Their collaborations in the past have always been on point and I've loved shopping their Sutter location since it first opened. 
Still pissed I wasn't able to get a pair of these 
mad.gif

I'm hoping one of the homies from the Huf crew can come through with a package in my size for me.  
embarassed.gif
Dont get me wrong Macgyver, I love(d) Huf at Sutter. Back in October, I skated all the way there from Pier 7 to pick up that Giants font tee. When I found out HUF SF was closing, I was devestated.  I'm just saying that he kind of had it coming. Sure Nike SB wasn't selling, and he owed them a lot of money, but starting a shoe line that few people like is kind of foolish. Getting rid of his trademark style (skyline; an effortless dope logo, unlike the new stuff) and going for the "try too hard" simpleness of his new stuff, was another move that messed him up. Sure he's Keith and has a following, but no matter how much of a following you HAD, if you aren't bringing it currently, the demand will die. Which is what happened. Wanting his own shoe line was fine, but sometimes what a person wants isn't always what's best for a business. IF the shoe line was popular and the stuff was selling, then Keith would be receiving no hate from me, but the fact that he is still pushing the shoe line is why I'm hating. We'll see if this shoe line picks up steam, I don't believe it will. Even the pro model has received bad reviews from my skater friends (one who is 23 got a pair for free and said he wouldn't pick up a pair again). We'll see man. Keith had this coming though, and it had little to do with SB. (If I were Keith, I would have cancelled the account too). It started when Benny left.   

if the canvas is ugly, no matter how much color you put on, its still gonna ugly.....Keith should have never got rid of the skyline (I know Benny left but still), and he certainly didnt make matters better by doing this shoe line. No wonder he closed the SF store. I heard from multiple shops, that these sold out though.

Of course they soldout. The shoe is extremely limited. What do you mean "no matter how much color you put on it, its still gonna be* ugly"? There's two colors on it.. 
laugh.gif
. It's a basic skate shoe with a special touch.  You come off like you're hating way too hard. You don't have to like the shoe, but to bash on the shop closing in SF and not even really know why they did have to close is pretty lame. The shop closed because one of their high profile brand accounts was no longer selling well and they were accumulating debt trying to stick it out in the interest of the brand.  At some point though you just have to say enough is enough and end that business. I'm happy to see Huf is maintaining and working on their own line. Their collaborations in the past have always been on point and I've loved shopping their Sutter location since it first opened. 
mad.gif

I'm hoping one of the homies from the Huf crew can come through with a package in my size for me.  
embarassed.gif
Dont get me wrong Macgyver, I love(d) Huf at Sutter. Back in October, I skated all the way there from Pier 7 to pick up that Giants font tee. When I found out HUF SF was closing, I was devestated.  I'm just saying that he kind of had it coming. Sure Nike SB wasn't selling, and he owed them a lot of money, but starting a shoe line that few people like is kind of foolish. Getting rid of his trademark style (skyline; an effortless dope logo, unlike the new stuff) and going for the "try too hard" simpleness of his new stuff, was another move that messed him up. Sure he's Keith and has a following, but no matter how much of a following you HAD, if you aren't bringing it currently, the demand will die. Which is what happened. Wanting his own shoe line was fine, but sometimes what a person wants isn't always what's best for a business. IF the shoe line was popular and the stuff was selling, then Keith would be receiving no hate from me, but the fact that he is still pushing the shoe line is why I'm hating. We'll see if this shoe line picks up steam, I don't believe it will. Even the pro model has received bad reviews from my skater friends (one who is 23 got a pair for free and said he wouldn't pick up a pair again). We'll see man. Keith had this coming though, and it had little to do with SB. (If I were Keith, I would have cancelled the account too). It started when Benny left.   
I'm not gonna knock on Keith's business ventures. I don't agree with your try to hard comment about the clothing line. His clothing line always has been a hit, and I'm really digging the strides the brand has made cut and sew wise. The shoes are not bad for a first attempt at footwear. I haven't skated in them yet so I really can't talk about the shoes until I get a pair. I was planning on copping a pair of the 420s, that's the first colorway I've liked. I'm sure the 420 release will help the brand pick up steam. I doubt Benny could have made any major difference for the brand, nor could he help SB sell, which was why Huf was forced to close in the first place. Pretty much Nike lost a lot of steam in the SB department and it makes more sense from a business perspective to cut your losses, Nike SB, and focus on an already popular shop brand. Huf has a ton of accounts who carry his clothing line now and the shop around my way does very well with the Huf line. Yes the shoes are moving slow and could use some marketing, but that's why the 420 pack released and has now sold out. It's to create buzz and hopefully its the first of several special footwear releases. I'm honestly bored to death with the trash Nike continues to release in the SB department, which is now available at NTs and sitting on outlet/clearance racks right next to the 6.0 line.

Props to Keith for not throwing in the towel after the honey moon with Nike ended. Nike SB just isn't what it used to be and I wouldn't stay open another season either if credit debt was piling up because Nike's SB department was pushing
sick.gif
  looking releases.

laugh.gif
mad.gif

embarassed.gif
I'm not gonna knock on Keith's business ventures. I don't agree with your try to hard comment about the clothing line. His clothing line always has been a hit, and I'm really digging the strides the brand has made cut and sew wise. The shoes are not bad for a first attempt at footwear. I haven't skated in them yet so I really can't talk about the shoes until I get a pair. I was planning on copping a pair of the 420s, that's the first colorway I've liked. I'm sure the 420 release will help the brand pick up steam. I doubt Benny could have made any major difference for the brand, nor could he help SB sell, which was why Huf was forced to close in the first place. Pretty much Nike lost a lot of steam in the SB department and it makes more sense from a business perspective to cut your losses, Nike SB, and focus on an already popular shop brand. Huf has a ton of accounts who carry his clothing line now and the shop around my way does very well with the Huf line. Yes the shoes are moving slow and could use some marketing, but that's why the 420 pack released and has now sold out. It's to create buzz and hopefully its the first of several special footwear releases. I'm honestly bored to death with the trash Nike continues to release in the SB department, which is now available at NTs and sitting on outlet/clearance racks right next to the 6.0 line.

Props to Keith for not throwing in the towel after the honey moon with Nike ended. Nike SB just isn't what it used to be and I wouldn't stay open another season either if credit debt was piling up because Nike's SB department was pushing
sick.gif
  looking releases.

I don't care what anyone says, I like these.  Shorts+these shoes+living in Hawaii=
pimp.gif

Edit:  Green/yellow socks with A's hat=
pimp.gif

I don't care what anyone says, I like these.  Shorts+these shoes+living in Hawaii=
pimp.gif

Edit:  Green/yellow socks with A's hat=
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
mad.gif

embarassed.gif

sick.gif
  looking releases.
The marketing on the shoes can't get much better, have you seen the commercials (some the best quality footage around)? I agree with you on the cancelling of SB. What I'm saying is that there was no real reason to push the shoe line, since the clothing line could carry the shop alone. I mean REAL, and all the other DLXSF products would have sold, and he'd have been well off, right?

We'll see what happens with this line man (my shop in Berkeley, sort of slimmed down its Huf shoe offering, most of the stuff went for like 50 bucks). I don't want HUF to fail, I'm just saying he sort of had it coming. I think if the skyline logo (and etch-a-sketch logo) had stayed around, Huf would still be the best brand in SF, the hundreds came up (Stussy was played out already) , but still you know?

laugh.gif
mad.gif

embarassed.gif

sick.gif
  looking releases.
The marketing on the shoes can't get much better, have you seen the commercials (some the best quality footage around)? I agree with you on the cancelling of SB. What I'm saying is that there was no real reason to push the shoe line, since the clothing line could carry the shop alone. I mean REAL, and all the other DLXSF products would have sold, and he'd have been well off, right?

We'll see what happens with this line man (my shop in Berkeley, sort of slimmed down its Huf shoe offering, most of the stuff went for like 50 bucks). I don't want HUF to fail, I'm just saying he sort of had it coming. I think if the skyline logo (and etch-a-sketch logo) had stayed around, Huf would still be the best brand in SF, the hundreds came up (Stussy was played out already) , but still you know?

I'm so happy I got these for retail.  Now I just gotta wait 7-14 days for them to come from Canada.  
pimp.gif
mad.gif

I'm so happy I got these for retail.  Now I just gotta wait 7-14 days for them to come from Canada.  
pimp.gif
mad.gif

sick.gif
  looking releases.

Say hi to Jerry for me 
wink.gif

Very cool guy and friend and also 510 was the first place I saw SBs at WAY back in the day. They had the high top blazers in their display case before SBs launched and Jerry was telling me he was going to be including Nike into his store and he even jooged me on the Sharks back in the day for like $50(which I skated to death!). 

Huf does fine on their tees and hats. I'm sure they'll do just fine with footwear once they improve on their first model and hopefully they focus on a functional skate shoe in addition to the style/look. 

sick.gif
  looking releases.

Say hi to Jerry for me 
wink.gif

Very cool guy and friend and also 510 was the first place I saw SBs at WAY back in the day. They had the high top blazers in their display case before SBs launched and Jerry was telling me he was going to be including Nike into his store and he even jooged me on the Sharks back in the day for like $50(which I skated to death!). 

Huf does fine on their tees and hats. I'm sure they'll do just fine with footwear once they improve on their first model and hopefully they focus on a functional skate shoe in addition to the style/look. 

sick.gif
  looking releases.

Say hi to Jerry for me 
wink.gif

will do man. Right I see what you're saying about the skate functionality. We'll see, the pro models are all right looking. We'll have to wait. do you think the hype would have still died had Benny not left and had the skyline not left?

check this macgyver
http://stickit-ce.blogspot.com/2011/01/510.html

I go there like 3 times a week, and skate peace wall like pretty much everyday. best spot in berkeley thats for sure aside from the park, plus even though its right across the street from the police station, its not a bust. ledges are perfect, almost like they were made for skating.

sick.gif
  looking releases.

Say hi to Jerry for me 
wink.gif

will do man. Right I see what you're saying about the skate functionality. We'll see, the pro models are all right looking. We'll have to wait. do you think the hype would have still died had Benny not left and had the skyline not left?

check this macgyver

I go there like 3 times a week, and skate peace wall like pretty much everyday. best spot in berkeley thats for sure aside from the park, plus even though its right across the street from the police station, its not a bust. ledges are perfect, almost like they were made for skating.

Say hi to Jerry for me 
wink.gif

check this macgyver

Good interview. I personally don't think Benny would have made a major difference for Huf going forward.  I liked Benny's designs, but honestly, as long as you put Huf on a shirt in a nice colorway/script for less than $30 a tee I'd buy it. I have a lot of love for Huf and have easily dropped more than $7,000 over the years I've been going to the shop. I don't get why a few people feel like Benny Gold was the face/brainchild of Huf.
ohwell.gif

Look at it this way. When I would go to Huf and buy a t-shirt, it was because it says Huf on it and you couldn't find the shirt online or in other shops, NOT because Benny designed it. 

Say hi to Jerry for me 
wink.gif

check this macgyver

Good interview. I personally don't think Benny would have made a major difference for Huf going forward.  I liked Benny's designs, but honestly, as long as you put Huf on a shirt in a nice colorway/script for less than $30 a tee I'd buy it. I have a lot of love for Huf and have easily dropped more than $7,000 over the years I've been going to the shop. I don't get why a few people feel like Benny Gold was the face/brainchild of Huf.
ohwell.gif

Look at it this way. When I would go to Huf and buy a t-shirt, it was because it says Huf on it and you couldn't find the shirt online or in other shops, NOT because Benny designed it. 

Say hi to Jerry for me 
wink.gif

check this macgyver

ohwell.gif

damn 7000? I've spent like 130 or so, two tees and SB Blazers (08). Yeah I know what you mean though. I think people think that because it was Benny who designed that logo. I don't think people bought it because Benny designed, I think they bought it because it was Benny's design, you know? Its the design that set that brand apart, now because he left, the design of the clothes changed, and I think not as many people didn't like it as they liked benny's stuff.

I wish they didnt go branch out (online shop, sold in other skate shops, etc) but whatever. Its available in too many places now and that ruins the exclusiveness. I see people who know nothing about strret culture or skating wearing HUF. That really bugs me.

Say hi to Jerry for me 
wink.gif

check this macgyver

ohwell.gif

damn 7000? I've spent like 130 or so, two tees and SB Blazers (08). Yeah I know what you mean though. I think people think that because it was Benny who designed that logo. I don't think people bought it because Benny designed, I think they bought it because it was Benny's design, you know? Its the design that set that brand apart, now because he left, the design of the clothes changed, and I think not as many people didn't like it as they liked benny's stuff.

I wish they didnt go branch out (online shop, sold in other skate shops, etc) but whatever. Its available in too many places now and that ruins the exclusiveness. I see people who know nothing about strret culture or skating wearing HUF. That really bugs me.

I want to give a shout out and BIG thanks to Keith/Sweets at Huf for coming through and hooking me up with a pair after I missed out on the release. 
happy.gif

Long story short, missed out on the release of these because of work. I couldn't be any happier (I didn't get my socks with the shoes though.. 
embarassed.gif
 )

Here's some pictures I took for my photo sneaker album. Enjoy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I talked with Sweets on Wednesday and went over the upcoming season for HUF. 
pimp.gif

The Eric HAZE_X_HUF collaboration gear is sick! 
nerd.gif

Also there's a limited (French Skateboard manufacture)Cliche_X_HUF sneaker/apparel/limited deck coming soon too..

I want to give a shout out and BIG thanks to Keith/Sweets at Huf for coming through and hooking me up with a pair after I missed out on the release. 
happy.gif

Long story short, missed out on the release of these because of work. I couldn't be any happier (I didn't get my socks with the shoes though.. 
embarassed.gif
 )

Here's some pictures I took for my photo sneaker album. Enjoy

I talked with Sweets on Wednesday and went over the upcoming season for HUF. 
pimp.gif

The Eric HAZE_X_HUF collaboration gear is sick! 
nerd.gif

Also there's a limited (French Skateboard manufacture)Cliche_X_HUF sneaker/apparel/limited deck coming soon too..

solid p/u macgyver (how much?), check my post a page back

I'm excited for those collabs coming up, we'll see. good job on the info...when I talk to Jerry (510) what should I tell him?

solid p/u macgyver (how much?), check my post a page back

I'm excited for those collabs coming up, we'll see. good job on the info...when I talk to Jerry (510) what should I tell him?

Back
Top Bottom