HUARACHE LE RETRO 30th anniversary release this year???

anybody have experience with ebay seller riot_shop? feedback seems legit and price is basically retail.

as a general rule of thumb on ebay I NEVER buy shoes from anyone who has a full size run and 0 unique pictures like that listing you posted.

He may be legit but I just don’t do that.

as a general rule of thumb on ebay I NEVER buy shoes from anyone who has a full size run and 0 unique pictures like that listing you posted.

He may be legit but I just don’t do that.
I’m the same as you and I hate when I can never get pics of the actual shoe too when I ask. But with the new authenticity guarantee this shouldn’t be a cause for concern going forward

From my regular size.. I wear an 11.5 in all shoes except for air max 95's and Huaraches where I always go a half size up in those.
Definitely in the same boat. I got the Recraft Infrared air Max's in my tts and they took forever to break in and fit normal. But the scream greens I got a 12 and they fit a little snug but nothing that hurts.

Go up half from normal sz. I’m 11 in AM1 and 11.5 in huarache. You really just dont want too snug of a fit cause then you are putting stress on the strap.

This is my first pair of Huaraches and I got the half size up but when I push my heel back with them on I have tension on the strap. Why is everyone worried about putting tension on the straps? I really dont know.

I’m the same as you and I hate when I can never get pics of the actual shoe too when I ask. But with the new authenticity guarantee this shouldn’t be a cause for concern going forward
Oh I didn’t even realize that those qualified for the guarantee.

This is my first pair of Huaraches and I got the half size up but when I push my heel back with them on I have tension on the strap. Why is everyone worried about putting tension on the straps? I really dont know.

Because too much pressure on the back strap has caused them to snap on past retros. It's not supposed to be something that can take a high amount of tension/pressure. Just enough to keep the back heel/achilles snug in place in lieu of a traditional heel collar. Search the net. Lots of people who kept tts for that super snug fit but those people also had the strap break.

**** man that sucks! I had no idea, wonder why they would put something on there that weak.

It's not really weak per say. It's there to serve as a heel collar/heel counter. To keep the back of your foot snug but it's still rubber and has some give. But when you put too much pressure on anything rubber, it will eventually snap. That's why it's always smart to go up .5 to a whole size on Huaraches. I always go with a 12 on my pairs (11 in all shoes and 11.5 on all normal Nike running shoes like Pegasus and Air Max).

It's not really weak per say. It's there to serve as a heel collar/heel counter. To keep the back of your foot snug but it's still rubber and has some give. But when you put too much pressure on anything rubber, it will eventually snap. That's why it's always smart to go up .5 to a whole size on Huaraches. I always go with a 12 on my pairs (11 in all shoes and 11.5 on all normal Nike running shoes like Pegasus and Air Max).

That makes sense I dont know why I was thinking it was gonna snap super easy. It makes sense putting too much pressure on it for too long would snap it up i was thinking it was like a heel counter or something like it was supposed to have tension on it at all times. But my pair my heel will touch it but not strech it at all.

Just try not to pull on the strap when you're putting them on or taking them off. The weak points are where the translucent rubber meets the solid TPU (or rubber, not sure actually). My 2014 pair has cracks in it but still doing alright.

Screenshot_2021-03-29-12-05-37.png

Back
Top Bottom