HTC Touch Pro 2 vs HTC HD2

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

[h4]HTC 'Supersonic' to ring in WiMAX on Sprint, Android-style[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Jan 17th 2010 10:51PM

Exclusive
htc-sprint-logo-sm.jpg
Remember that mysterious HTC A9292 with WiMAX rumored for Sprint a few days back? Well, take a seat, folks -- we think we've got the lowdown on it here from a trusted source, and it's a bit of a monster:
  • Codename is "Supersonic" -- a name we've heard at least once before.
  • Feels a lot like you'd expect an Android-powered HD2 to feel thanks to a 4.3-inch non-AMOLED display and a svelte shell. (For reference, the HD2 is 11mm thick, but we don't have exact dimensions here.)
  • It's got a kickstand on the back. This wouldn't be a first for HTC; the Imagio on Verizon has one, for example.
  • Runs Android 2.1 with HTC's Sense UI.
  • Our tipster saw it in white; production devices could be available in different colors, of course, but white seems like it'd be an intriguing choice for a phone of the HD2's size and shape.
  • The phone's software stack is buggy enough right now to suggest that we're not looking at a release any time soon, but we don't have details on the projected launch window.
  • It's fast -- Snapdragon fast, it seems, though our tipster can't confirm the processor under the hood.
We know 2010's just begun, but between all this noise and the promise of a legitimate 4G radio on board, let's be real -- we're already looking at a very, very early contender for smartphone of the year. Let's not run into any major roadblocks between here and retail, alright, guys?

There is also this coming, I have no clue when but I know it's not gonna be anytime soon, just giving you the heads up.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Touch PRO 2. Gizmodo ripped the HD2 apart.
gizmodo also hates anything that isn't iphone/apple related. the bias on that site, especially from that idiot jesus diaz, is incredibly pathetic. engadget also.

Word.  I don't frequent Gizmodo at all, but those dudes at Engadget are the biggest iPhone fanboys.  Granted, its a very dope device, but they take it to a whole different level, which is sad b/c as one of the most popular tech sites you would hope they could look at things without the Apple bias. 

But yeah, I don't think Sprint is getting the HD2. 
laugh.gif
what's sad/funny, is that they don't even try to hide it. but when they called out on it, they start banning people. if u thought engadget was bad (their resident iphone fan boy being josh w/e the %+!% his last name is) u should head on over and read jesus diaz' post. they reek of fanboy.. but to make it "even" he'll throw out a half assed "im not a fanboy" post here and there complaining about apple. ive started to skip over basically all their apple related posts/phone reviews. i can't even imagine the stuff they'll be posting on wednesday. 

laugh.gif
  I think its Topolsky or something like that.  In all seriousness, the fanboy-ism is hilarious to me b/c the comments are outlandish whenever he compares some new device to the iPhone.  The comments in the Nexus One review were priceless--dudes went IN on him. 

I'll check out this Jesus guy though. 
yeah, they catch a lot of slack when comparing against android devices

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Yea..don't get the TP2 right now. I have it and I love it, but I got it for free. Sprint exchanged my Touch Pro to a Touch Pro2 for free because my TP was broken.

Right now, sprint isn't getting the HD2. might change in the future though.

and windows 6.5 is out if you know how to flash ROMs(the os), but no official update from sprint yet. it's coming soon though.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97 <--go here and start learning. it's a lot better than the stock ROM.

basically, THE TP2 is already outdated. Microsoft is coming out with Windows Mobile 7 at the end of this year and the only phone right now that will get the WM7 update is the HD2. I wouldn't spend $350 on it right now. but if you still want to, go on ebay. they cost the same without a contract.\\

and if you're in the Los Angeles area, I know a sprint store that can exchange your TP for a TP2 if it's broken. just PM me. I just had one replaced last week.
I've always heard about flashing roms,cooking, and radio this and that but what does it really mean? Does it make the phone perform faster? I never got interested enough for me to actually look into it so I figured I'd take the time now to ask. Thanks!

Man thanks to all yall for contributing...I'm going to see if i can get Sprint to meet me at $200. Otherwise, I might just ride it out with my Treo Pro

Originally Posted by tecca nena

is the tp2 that much better then the tp?? arent the specs basically the same

The specs are basically the same but they are put together differently

I have had the TP2 for about 2 weeks now and I love it. It is so much better than the TP1.

I had the TP1 and I called sprint and complained and they gave me several different phone options and I choose the TP2. You should call and complain and they should give you a upgrade or different phone.

I have the Pre and I HATE it! Damn buttons are so small texting is useless. I would like to upgrade to the TP2 but I'm not going to pay $350 for a stupid phone, especially considering I got the Pre for $70.

Originally Posted by Jorh XD

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Yea..don't get the TP2 right now. I have it and I love it, but I got it for free. Sprint exchanged my Touch Pro to a Touch Pro2 for free because my TP was broken.

Right now, sprint isn't getting the HD2. might change in the future though.

and windows 6.5 is out if you know how to flash ROMs(the os), but no official update from sprint yet. it's coming soon though.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97 <--go here and start learning. it's a lot better than the stock ROM.

basically, THE TP2 is already outdated. Microsoft is coming out with Windows Mobile 7 at the end of this year and the only phone right now that will get the WM7 update is the HD2. I wouldn't spend $350 on it right now. but if you still want to, go on ebay. they cost the same without a contract.\\

and if you're in the Los Angeles area, I know a sprint store that can exchange your TP for a TP2 if it's broken. just PM me. I just had one replaced last week.
I've always heard about flashing roms,cooking, and radio this and that but what does it really mean? Does it make the phone perform faster? I never got interested enough for me to actually look into it so I figured I'd take the time now to ask. Thanks!

basically...the guys who have made these ROMS have optimized the Windows Mobile for you. they've taken out all of the crap that you don't need from sprint. they've made Windows Mobile faster with a bunch of registry changes and whatever else.

cooking is making your own ROM with all the programs that you want. it's harder than just flashing a ROM that someone else has made for you. most of these guys have had windows mobile for years and have been working on it for years as well.

the radio is sort of like the signal..I dunno how it actually works
laugh.gif
, but you don't really need to change it.

for a rom, I'd recommend Mighty's newest Rom or Energy/NRG. they both really fast and stable. has the newest software ported from other phones.

go to ppcgeeks' Touch Pro2 Upgrade forum. Remember you unlock your phone with HARD SPL first!

and if you don't like the rom, you can always flash back to the stock rom.

Back
Top Bottom