How would you feel if Nike was switched out with Adidas and made S.O.D. NBA Uniforms??

Originally Posted by raw120

I'm all in favor of the swoosh taking back the nba. I like SOD uni's but I think the jersey's are too tight to wear as a casual fan. I loved their dri-fit uni's from the early 2000s though.

co-sign

Originally Posted by ridikulas

Nike could have outbid adidas if they wanted to but made a business decision not to pursue it for the same reason they didn't grab the NFL deal: they are not profit-maximizing deals. It costs too much to supply every team in the league with free stuff and most fans don't buy new jerseys every year. Most people buy new shoes every year though, which is why they are happy to sponsor the best players in both leagues. On any given NBA court, there are 8 swooshes running the courts during live play so they're still getting exposure that way.
What he said... and to add to that... they also profit on NFL Gloves which is why they got re-licensed for players to wear Nike gloves in games. Selling Jerseys at $75 to $125 bucks a pop is one thing if you aren't supplying the entire NBA and NFL for free... but when people aren't into spendingthat much on Authentics and Replica's it's not the best or most sound Business Move.

The NFL would love for UA to take the NFL contract.. but they are experiencing too many problems and that just wouldn't be prudent at this juncture fortheir bottom line.

I really like any nike product. If they dropped NBA jerseys with the swoosh, (Swingman Jerseys) I'd cop one or two. The only issue is not very many peopleare buying any jerseys any more. I'd rather wear a t shirt and jeans.

As many of you think that Nike is still so very popular, you'd may want to reconsider that stance. Adidas is making a killing overseas selling NBAauthentics. The practice jerseys are huge in Europe, and when you get the idea on how huge Adidas is globally, David Stern is very happy with the three stripesrepping the NBA, trust that. So the few of you who are wishing that this'll happen one day, had better be wearing some serious knee pads while praying!

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

werent the Olympic uni's Nike? Im not big on those tight jerseys and baggy shorts. They look like dudes that hoop in wifebeaters during the summer
if Nike went away from the tight jersey look, I'd be all for it cause I like the looks of the college stuff they do. black out Bulls or Spurs jerseys like UofO's would be hot. impractical, but hot
as one of those dudes, that's pretty much exactly what i like about the SOD cut.

i'm not into baggy jerseys 'cause people be grabbing and holding like it's the NFL.

i wish for the days when each team had its own contract..

that way nike could just supply the lakers, bulls, knicks, and a few other popular teams' jerseys.. and adidas could handle the rest.

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

As many of you think that Nike is still so very popular, you'd may want to reconsider that stance. Adidas is making a killing overseas selling NBA authentics. The practice jerseys are huge in Europe, and when you get the idea on how huge Adidas is globally, David Stern is very happy with the three stripes repping the NBA, trust that. So the few of you who are wishing that this'll happen one day, had better be wearing some serious knee pads while praying!
I had a feeling that there would be a Hubie sighting...

...but surprisingly welcome it. Kinda surprised how brand-washed some peeps are if the Nike loyalty is so strong evenwith standard issue NBA apparel that features only minimal logo placement for the most part.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

werent the Olympic uni's Nike? Im not big on those tight jerseys and baggy shorts. They look like dudes that hoop in wifebeaters during the summer
if Nike went away from the tight jersey look, I'd be all for it cause I like the looks of the college stuff they do. black out Bulls or Spurs jerseys like UofO's would be hot. impractical, but hot

Better get use to it, becuase that is where the majority of the college jerseys will be moving to...

System of Dress............ I.E. Last years USA basketball Unis, U of Kentucky, Syracuse, etc. Fitted jerseys and shorts a tad bit longer.

Originally Posted by distinct101

did these last year.
laugh.gif

d2c25344278e00a50ebd9d45455911b9398f588.jpg
laugh.gif
Nice dress.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom