How much you tip at places like Applebees

dependent on the server. Try and go around 15% too.
The applebee's in Pinole goes crazy, I tried sliding through to happy hour on a fri night the wait was like 1.5 hours :wow: :wow:

I don't know where people got the idea from I don't tip at restaurants anyways. I just think it's stupid and the restaurant should raise their prices to account for paying their "service workers" a fair wage and that the whole idea of do it or I'll mess with your food or at the least intentionally do a ****** job at my job on my purpose thing is outrageous. You've seen the 100s of NTers who bragged about sticking their nuts in peoples waters, cumming on customers' pizza, loogeying on their pizza, zeeking hairlines on purpose, dinging cars, and the likes.

And it's Applebees dude. You could drop a major tip by % and not even feel it in the pockets, or you can not. It's subjective and optional. You won't be arrested, nobody is going to do anything to you.

Last edited:
Its hardly any Applebee's in LA, hell the closest one to me is in Downey I think.

When I'm back in New York though, Applebee's happy hour and the happy hour prices during the hours before closing tend to bring the ratchet skeeterbuckets out though from what I've seen.

Because fast food/fast casual places are just that, in and out, get your food and go. Wam, bam, thank you ma'am. An actual restaurant, like getting seated, being waited on, and tipping etc...is a wholly different experience and therefore is subject to a different set of standards, at least for me.

An I didn't call out anyone for liking these kind of places. I just pointed out that you can make better food in your own home, granted you have the means. I really don't see why anyone should feel offended.

Last edited:
you guys really calculate percentages??

when i do tip i just give whatever money i have. if i have a 5 i give a 5 if i have a 10 i give a 10 if i have a 5 and a 10 and im feelin good i give em both.

Because fast food/fast casual places are just that, in and out, get your food and go. Wam, bam, thank you ma'am. An actual restaurant, like getting seated, being waited on, and tipping etc...is a wholly different experience and therefore is subject to a different set of standards, at least for me.

An I didn't call out anyone for liking these kind of places. I just pointed out that you can make better food in your own home, granted you have the means. I really don't see why anyone should feel offended.

Better food choices yet you mention fast good again? Nobody's offended, it's just a stupid statement

you guys really calculate percentages??

when i do tip i just give whatever money i have. if i have a 5 i give a 5 if i have a 10 i give a 10 if i have a 5 and a 10 and im feelin good i give em both.
It takes like 2 seconds to figure out 20% tho :lol:

Better food choices yet you mention fast good again? Nobody's offended, it's just a stupid statement

The FAST in fast food is the key here. It takes much longer to prepare a full meal at home then just going to a fast food/fast casual place. I frankly don't have the time or energy to cook a meal or go to a restaurant I deem good enough every time I want to eat. So in my life, fast food/casual restaurants are a welcomed convenience. Simple.

20% usually,Applebees starts running into some money if you drink,you may eat for less than 20$ but those drinks gonna cost ya,I've never got out of there for less than 50$ for myself.

I'm not gonna lie, I hesitate to tip 20% but I always do. I hope servers appreciate that ****.

Working customer service makes you a better but stingier tipper. I usually do 20% and on rare occasions, 25% when the server has been on point all night. I always leave at least something but bad service irritates the hell out of me to no end. Like I'm an easy going guy but if I'm dropping my money to pay your bills, then the service better be good. Not some sorry I haven't placed silverware on the table before your appetizers and you've waited an hour for your food even though were not busy type service.. Word to magianos little Italy smh worst service in the world man. Atleast that day..

20% every time.

I know I don't need to, but why not? Unless I have absolutely horrible service, then I won't even think twice and just sign the customer receipt

RT @darrenrovell: Restaurant server says Warren Sapp came to watch US game, stiffed her on tip pic.twitter.com/gAWZofs5vR

View media item 1056833
:smh:

Not defending Sapp one bit... **** him actually...

But I find it incredibly douchey to put the tip breakdown thing at the bottom... I'd be put off by that, still tip obviously...

Also, I must say as a cook, I despise the whole tip system...

I honestly wish the cook receive the tips.. I had crummy service but the food was good..

I was torn so i just tip $5..

Depends on the service but usually 15%

If the tax is shown, I just times it by that number.

Back
Top Bottom