How much you pay for your haircut/ hair styling?

What are yall getting done to your head. I pay $15 for the cut and 2-3 for the cut

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Dudes out here rocking gta ceasers?

r-barbers.jpg

Last edited:
Different hair-styles require different work and technique. Black people have different hair texture compared to Asians, Whites, etc, so the cost is a reflection of how much work needs to go into the style. Generally, if they're going to use scissors, the cost goes up.

If you are going to an actual stylist as opposed to a barber, it can range from $15 (which is a steal) to $50-70 (if you're in Beverly Hills).

I pay $25 + $5 tip for the stylist down the street from my house. He's Korean if that matters, and does a great job. Consistency is key when it comes to haircuts.

Last edited:
0$

#teamlonghair

Been growing my hair for like 15 months.

Last edited:
I'm black and thinking about stop getting shape ups and cutting hair lol.. #TeamNatural

OP said he's not looking for opinions from people who get a "1 or a 2," myself I get either a 1a or a 1.5 so I'm not exactly sure whether or not I'm qualified to post in this thread, but I pay $20 for the cut, $5 for the tip. 

18 dollars for the cut + 30 minute massage + 3 hair washes. i tip the lady that does the massage 5 and my hair stylist 10.

Went to a new stylist today, paid 40$ and tipped her 10$...much more please than my regular spot down in the city..where I paid 60$ and tipped 20$

Some of ya really don't tip your stylist?...c'mon man..

Now I feel bad about not tipping
It was $32 total.
still a student though, does that make it okay. No large income unlike ksteezy

Went to a new stylist today, paid 40$ and tipped her 10$...much more please than my regular spot down in the city..where I paid 60$ and tipped 20$

Some of ya really don't tip your stylist?...c'mon man..
Why should someone tip for their haircut? Unless they let you "cut in line" then why tip? Do you tip based on how difficult your cut was? How much should someone that gets a 1 all around tip if their haircut costs 8$ to begin with?

Why would you not tip for your haircut? Guarantee if your barber/stylist/whatever knows you tip they'll go the extra mile in making sure they cut/whatever to perfection.

Always tip my barber $5, so I drop $20 a week.

Why should someone tip for their haircut? Unless they let you "cut in line" then why tip? Do you tip based on how difficult your cut was? How much should someone that gets a 1 all around tip if their haircut costs 8$ to begin with?

quit being petty fam, its a service, is common curtesy to tip for things of this nature, i dont know about you but when i go to my barber those dudes keep us entertained, they got good music, movies on the screen, may even pass you a beer or shot, on top of that they keep you fresh....does it really hurt you much to throw in a few extra bucks to your barber? :x dat penny pinching mentality.

Why would you not tip for your haircut? Guarantee if your barber/stylist/whatever knows you tip they'll go the extra mile in making sure they cut/whatever to perfection.

Always tip my barber $5, so I drop $20 a week.
Like I said, why would someone that get's the simple, EASY "fade" hair cuts(aka over 80 percent of NT) that take 5-15 minutes tops tip unless the barber let's them go straight to the chair no wait time. Are you tipping for the difficulty of the haircut or what? If you have a difficult hair cut will you tip 10-15 bucks on a 15 dollar haircut?

quit being petty fam, its a service, is common curtesy to tip for things of this nature, i dont know about you but when i go to my barber those dudes keep us entertained, they got good music, movies on the screen, may even pass you a beer or shot, on top of that they keep you fresh....does it really hurt you much to throw in a few extra bucks to your barber? :x dat penny pinching mentality.

I'm not being petty. I asked simple questions. From dining in it's normal to tip 15-20 percent right? I just asked how much do you tip for a haircut?
and i certainly to not hang out and talk to people at my barber shop, I go in, wait like everyone else if I have to, get my haircut, and get out. I pay 10 bucks I have a simple haircut I just never thought I had to tip for a simple hair cut that takes 10 minutes. I'm far from a penny pincher :rolleyes.

Back
Top Bottom