How much is your car insurance?

Was paying $175 a month for my '17 Malibu. Renewed my policy last month, monthly cost went down $60
tenor (2).gif

Just payed $1273 for 2 cars for 6 months with Geico :smh:

One is basic and the other is full coverage

$1061 for 2 vehicles ( 2013 Ford Expedition and 2015 Nissan Sentra)
full coverage
Houston, Texas
Progressive Insurance

two things Ive learned with Car insurance is dont sign up online or thru the apps. Its always higher. U can input all the stuff u want on the app/website and get the quote, then find an agent at a location and itll be significantly cheaper.

also if You are married, Have your wife be the primary for the insurance. It’ll also make it cheaper.

Last edited:
2022 Maxima getting delivered Monday and insurance is INSANE. They want 200/month! And that's the cheapest! I'm getting quotes for over 400!!!
I'm 40 with a very clean record

I didn't have a car for a year so maybe that plays into it. I'm so pissed.

As well as the number of people who own the same car as you that make insurance claims.

Maxima is not far from the Altima and we know the reputation the Altima has :lol:

I thot it was just me but it seems we can all agree that when you see an altima coming real hot behind you (Paws) you get out da way

Altimas older than 2020, Hyundai Elantras, any bmw, infiniti (especially G or Q owners), Civics and Silverados. Keep my eye out for all of them :smh:

Fort Lauderdale, FL maybe 150-210.

2016 Nissan Maxima but I want to upgrade.

No DUIs, DWIs, no speeding tickets, I’ve never got a driving ticket in my life.

With that said, people with a terrible driving record shouldn’t be paying car insurance remotely close what I pay IMO

I pay $1,700 give or take per year, on 2 cars, full coverage, full tort (ability to sue if I get hurt by their neglegence).

Cars are my 2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT & my 2006 Mustang GT. Mav is a daily but the Mustang is listed as "pleasure use" and capped at 8,500 miles per year. If I could keep it inside a locked garage, I could use American Collectors and it would literally cost a few hundred a year (instead of about $850) but they won't allow it being parked outside (wife's cars are in the garage). It rarely ever goes up more than a few dollars a year.

I used to work in insurance, when doing a quote for someone, the main factor was the persons credit score. If they had bad credit it was going to be high even if they had a clean record.

So if you set up your policy a while back and your credit has improved it might be worth it to have them re run it at your next renewal (soft inquiry).

But be careful because if your credit comes back worse, the premium will go up.

This was with the specific company I was with so YMMV

I used to work in insurance, when doing a quote for someone, the main factor was the persons credit score. If they had bad credit it was going to be high even if they had a clean record.

So if you set up your policy a while back and your credit has improved it might be worth it to have them re run it at your next renewal (soft inquiry).

But be careful because if your credit comes back worse, the premium will go up.

This was with the specific company I was with so YMMV

Never knew this. Thanks for the information

Yes. Your credit score is a factor along with how long you have had or have not had insurance and how long you've been licensed

Age is a factor too.
Home address
Driving population.

When I had to get insurance for my vehicle's last month, the rep told me since Houston population has increased over the years, driving accidents have gone up. So prices have gone up cause of it.

Car insurance is really a big racket, they don’t want you to pay less. So they change the rules .

Last edited:
My BM just moved to Vegas and drives a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.... 2016 I think. Anyway they are saying she is uninsurable out there because of how easy Hyundai are to steal... Im guessing because of that phone hack. How is there not a CA lawsuit against Hyundai yet?

Back
Top Bottom