How much do you pay for your haircut? (IG barbers going crazy)

My barber charges $30, I usually give $40 and go every 2 weeks. Can't see paying more than that. If I'm really struggling I have a family friend that became a barber to keep busy after retiring and charges $15.

At some point barbers are going to be losing money from people getting less cuts. I'm pushing 6 weeks now for me at this point I might as well wait for mid-March for when I was going to get a retwist to get a cut now.

Went from someone who went once a week, to alternating between cuts and lineups, to every other week, to once a month now once every 2 months.

Gets a haircut 3 times a week for $200 each cut.
Also Kate Abdo must be elite yambs. :evil:

Barber chargers 45 I pay 50 or 55. My hair grows fairly fast but now only get a haircut once a month or more.

9-5 dudes need to realize these celebs inflate the actual haircut price for tax purposes.

Alot of people really don't understand how money works.

Mannn I have paid for one haircut in the last 11-12 years.
Just cut my own. And the hearings of these prices makes it all worth it.

Remember as a yute mfs was 12 bucks at the Dominican spot and slide him a 20

:lol:

It says Sunday cuts $100 on their profile.

Some people are just throwing out numbers for engagement/content and others like to brag about overpaying for things.

The irony of people who complain about social media also falling for the most basic online tactics.

$30, but I know they are trying to push to $40.

I was giving $33 with tip now I’m starting to give $35.

Like someone said above sometimes I push my cuts out to 3 weeks instead of every 2 weeks or 1 week like back in the day.

A cut is only worth so much. My fade lasts about a week or so. Image paying $100 for something that doesn’t last especially for us light skins. I understand inflation, but service/product is only worth so much. Are they doing engineering on your head for an hour? We going to pay $100 for a movie ticket? A haircut costing more than an oil change c’mon man.

Also, a lot of barbers spend too much time talking and wasting time. They also waste a lot of customer’s time with late appointments and having to work with their schedule.

$30, but I know they are trying to push to $40.

I was giving $33 with tip now I’m starting to give $35.

Like someone said above sometimes I push my cuts out to 3 weeks instead of every 2 weeks or 1 week like back in the day.

A cut is only worth so much. My fade lasts about a week or so. Image paying $100 for something that doesn’t last especially for us light skins. I understand inflation, but service/product is only worth so much. Are they doing engineering on your head for an hour? We going to pay $100 for a movie ticket? A haircut costing more than an oil change c’mon man.

Also, a lot of barbers spend too much time talking and wasting time. They also waste a lot of customer’s time with late appointments and having to work with their schedule.

These IG barbers talk as if they are performing surgery. It's kind of crazy to me. This reminds me of when Nipsey Hussle (RIP) charging $100 for his mixtape.

I think a lot of this is just marketing and these barbers use this as a way to broaden their reach on social media because I don't genuinely think you can make a real business out of charging hundreds of dollars for a haircut.

$25 plus tip. You can't get away with charging ridiculous prices where I'm at.

My barber is also childhood friend of mine.

Back
Top Bottom