How much do bartenders make a year ?

im on craiglist and all i see is Bartender openings how much do they make I think i want to go to bartending school a getsome easy bread

Depends on where you work

Money is good but hours are terrible, plus you are around alcohol all the time...find a job that uses your brain

Originally Posted by Dawny Davis

Depends on where you work

Money is good but hours are terrible, plus you are around alcohol all the time...find a job that uses your brain
in this recession bartending is the only thing hiring

"The median expected salary for a typical Bartender in the United States is $16,598." According to salary.com

Originally Posted by jflip

"The median expected salary for a typical Bartender in the United States is $16,598." According to salary.com
That's probably hourly. They work for the tips and they aren't going to report all of it.

depends on how social you are

depends on how attractive you are (who wants to get served drinks by someone who is facially challenged)

depends on how fast you can make drinks

My old neighbor, who was in his 50's, was making nearly 6 figure. I had asked him because he was able to sent his daughters to UCLA and over sea for gradschool. He didn't drive a Bentley or anything, but he was living comfortably.

almost entirely depends on the place.. if it's always busy, high priced drinks with high rollers - you'll probably make bank. if it's a slow jointthat closes by 10 pm every night and the most popular drink is busch light, you probably won't make jack.

I'd say the range would vary as much as almost any job.

I've always wonder how many broads they smash. You know the ones that are too drunk to leave. Bartender :"hey I can't let you drive likethat...come over and hang out at my place for a while"...

Was thinkin bout training getting my license after reading the craigslist listings myself months ago at one of my lows...the money woulda been straight and thehours woulda been good money as well considering I go to school only two days a week...may do it tho if +**@!% try to freeze me out again...

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Was thinkin bout training getting my license after reading the craigslist listings myself months ago at one of my lows...the money woulda been straight and the hours woulda been good money as well considering I go to school only two days a week...may do it tho if +**@!% try to freeze me out again...

exactly how i feel

I bartender and I made good money the most 1 night was about 650 least was about 80 but plus hourly so u can make good money and it isn't recorded fortaxes. I'm trying to find another place to bartend ati got laid off at my hotel job. That's like best place to bartend at

I bartend, its alright, but its all where you work.

On a busy night in my city at a decent club bartenders make around 200-350 on weekends plus 8 bucks an hour. Almost all clubs the tips are split by all thebartenders. I know one place though that measured how much booze they had at the beginning of the night, then measured how much they had at the end, and wouldcome out with a number of how much money they should owe, and if they were short they had to take it outta there tips. So basically if you spill something oroverpoor its coming out of ur paycheque.

Oh and bartending schools are a scam, no places care about it, only way to move up is experience, starting somewhere crappy or bussing at a club(not a goodlook ive done it before)

looks like everybody been thinkin bout it lol...

i was checkin out a few schools, prices i saw ranged from like 500-1000+...

the reviews i saw said its a lil hard to land a job, cuz theyre mainly lookin for EXPERIENCED people...

made me a lil skeptical, still thinkin about it though..

i hate bartender. It feel like a fake job and they have to kiss everyone @#$ to get that tip

I heard about some scams/schemes on craigslist that talk about training you and setting you up with bartending opportunities. But what they don't tell youis that you can do all that stuff with some google searching and time. I've thought about it, and talked to some bartenders. Most of them started out asbar backs and worked their way up that way. I was told that experience or knowing someone is definitely the way to make it bartending (or anywhere really.).

Females, drugs, alcohol, music, tips
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

i hate bartender. It feel like a fake job and they have to kiss everyone @#$ to get that tip
...and in the corporate world nobody kisses any backsides...

sure.

I wanna get into bartending but I'm not even that knowledgeable about alcohol
ohwell.gif
I always stick with my Corona and Jose Cuervo when I'm out.

Back
Top Bottom