How much different would your life be if "The Powers That Be" announced that there was no religion?

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Its been a while since we've had a religion thread on NT....side note, what's up with the troll posts lately, cuffy?

I don't troll neph, my mind is always thinking outside the box....I smoke alot of weed too
pimp.gif

i wouldn't care. do you mean like they declared a secular state?
i would imagine the little people would get mad and start saying that these people are out of touch and don't understand the importance of gods in their lives.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by scshift

It wouldn't be different.

I'd still believe in God. What anyone else has to say has no effect on me. I don't rely on others to validate my beliefs.
You believe in God because "someone else" told you there was one, your beliefs were programed. A better question should have been what if "The Powers That Be" announced there was never a supreme being and it's only been created by man as a way to comfort us and control us.

That logic could be applied to anything…
Originally Posted by whyhellothere

pimp.gif
religion is division 

people kill each other over skin color, a world without religion wouldn't be any more peaceful

Originally Posted by bleach

I'd still believe in God. What anyone else has to say has no effect on me. I don't rely on others to validate my beliefs.
You believe in God because "someone else" told you there was one, your beliefs were programed. A better question should have been what if "The Powers That Be" announced there was never a supreme being and it's only been created by man as a way to comfort us and control us.

That logic could be applied to anything…

True. Expect some things can be backed up with proof. Religion/god, not so much.

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

I understand what you are saying, but if you believe in a higher power, someone has already had an effect on you. Whether it was through words, writing or you were raised to believe, someone has already effected you.

There is no proof of a God, so that means you were either taught and/or studied it yourself and chose a direction. Either way, you made your decisions based on somebody's beliefs.

Therefor, somebody has already "validated" your beliefs for you and now you refuse to let other have an effect on you..

**Insert Xzibit GIF**

I didn't word it correctly. Of course my view on religion was created and shaped by others, but now that I have chosen to believe what I feel is right, nothing anyone says about what I believe will change that. People have affected me and my decision to accept what I feel is true, but now that I believe it, nothing else will change that.

personally wouldnt change much in my daily life

im not, nor is my family the religous, chucrh goin tyoe

Let me preface this by saying I believe in God but the devil's cruelist trick was creating religon & church. We humans do more evil & hate our follow man all in the name of God.

Originally Posted by psk2310

Let me preface this by saying I believe in God but the devil's cruelist trick was creating religon & church. We humans do more evil & hate our follow man all in the name of God.

Yep, "God" and "The Devil" are pretty much one in the same in my eyes

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Religion isn't something that can be disproven (surface level).

I agree. Also I couldn't care less what they would have to say about religion.
What if the world is finally told the truth about Aliens? That would disprove it imo

Why do these kind of threads/questions always come up?!? Let's flip it... What if there was irrefutable evidence that there is a God, and that the good/bad things you've done will be account for in the end? How would your life be different?

I don't know why people always try to disprove the existence of God...

Originally Posted by DMoney82

What if the world is finally told the truth about Aliens? That would disprove it imo

Lol no it wouldn't. Maybe lower the credibility of some of them..

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Why do these kind of threads/questions always come up?!? Let's flip it... What if there was irrefutable evidence that there is a God, and that the good/bad things you've done will be account for in the end? How would your life be different?

I missed the part where someone tried to disprove the existence of god.

I would feel the same now because i dont believe in religions but I dont believe there is a higher being(god) over all of us

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Me too

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

Me too

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

more people would be kind/good because it's the right thing to do, instead of doing it for the intentions of getting to heaven.

there'd be less hate in the world. religion, although "God is love" is the reason for A LOT OF HATE in the world.

condemnation of people wouldn't be needed based on sexual preferences or differences in religious beliefs.

but others are the reason why you have beliefs in the first place, you weren't born with em. 
laugh.gif

I personally, wouldn't want something like this to come to light.

Religion gives people hope, even when they don't have hope in themselves.

Back
Top Bottom