How many of you would of done the same thing? vol. Def not me

(CBS/AP) ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill. - This could have been a story about a robbery suspect who made off with more than $17,000. Instead, it's a story about a guy who found more than $17,000, and returned it.
Don't you feel better already?

Robert Adams was craving an ice-cold drink on a sweltering workday Monday. He stood at a Chase ATM in Rolling Meadows in suburban Chicago, looked down and discovered on the sidewalk...a clear plastic bag containing receipts, checks and $17,021 in cash - mostly $20 and $100 bills, bound by a rubber band.

"I see this plastic bag. It's clear plastic and it's half full of money," Adams said. "I figure this is a joke. Somebody took some napkins and made it look like money. This has to be a setup. People are going to look at me and start laughing."

Adams told the Daily Herald of Arlington Heights he never had the urge to keep any of the money.

"It's not my money. I shouldn't take it. I don't care if you put another zero on there, I wasn't raised to take money that isn't mine," said Adams, a 54-year-old single man who credits his deceased parents for teaching him right from wrong. "If I saw you drop it, I'd say, `Excuse me, sir. I think you dropped something."'

The word "Chase" was printed on the bag, so Adams carried it inside the nearby branch.

"I walk up to the teller and say, `I think you might have left this outside,"' said Adams, figuring an employee left it behind after restocking the ATM. But employees told him the machine is filled from inside and the money didn't belong to the bank.

Adams then called police, who along with bank officials later determined the money was meant for an ATM in Midlothian and had been under the care of Loomis, an armored truck company. Rolling Meadows police took the money to the station, where it was picked up by a Loomis official.

Loomis officials said they were investigating, but have not said whether Adams will get a reward.

Rolling Meadows Police Chief Dave Scanlan said Adams did good: "We all said right away that this guy deserves something - credit for being an Honest Abe."

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20070410-504083.html#ixzz1Osld3MAW

334kk9g.jpg

(CBS/AP) ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill. - This could have been a story about a robbery suspect who made off with more than $17,000. Instead, it's a story about a guy who found more than $17,000, and returned it.
Don't you feel better already?

Robert Adams was craving an ice-cold drink on a sweltering workday Monday. He stood at a Chase ATM in Rolling Meadows in suburban Chicago, looked down and discovered on the sidewalk...a clear plastic bag containing receipts, checks and $17,021 in cash - mostly $20 and $100 bills, bound by a rubber band.

"I see this plastic bag. It's clear plastic and it's half full of money," Adams said. "I figure this is a joke. Somebody took some napkins and made it look like money. This has to be a setup. People are going to look at me and start laughing."

Adams told the Daily Herald of Arlington Heights he never had the urge to keep any of the money.

"It's not my money. I shouldn't take it. I don't care if you put another zero on there, I wasn't raised to take money that isn't mine," said Adams, a 54-year-old single man who credits his deceased parents for teaching him right from wrong. "If I saw you drop it, I'd say, `Excuse me, sir. I think you dropped something."'

The word "Chase" was printed on the bag, so Adams carried it inside the nearby branch.

"I walk up to the teller and say, `I think you might have left this outside,"' said Adams, figuring an employee left it behind after restocking the ATM. But employees told him the machine is filled from inside and the money didn't belong to the bank.

Adams then called police, who along with bank officials later determined the money was meant for an ATM in Midlothian and had been under the care of Loomis, an armored truck company. Rolling Meadows police took the money to the station, where it was picked up by a Loomis official.

Loomis officials said they were investigating, but have not said whether Adams will get a reward.

Rolling Meadows Police Chief Dave Scanlan said Adams did good: "We all said right away that this guy deserves something - credit for being an Honest Abe."

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20070410-504083.html#ixzz1Osld3MAW

334kk9g.jpg

No question about it, I would return it.

Don't get me wrong, I could use the money just as much as the next guy but there is
no way my conscience or morals would let me keep it.

Besides, they would have found the guy eventually. Banks got cameras everywhere.

Don't get me wrong, I could use the money just as much as the next guy but there is

Besides, they would have found the guy eventually. Banks got cameras everywhere.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Yeah, I wouldn't feel right keeping that much money knowing it wasn't mine.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Yeah, I wouldn't feel right keeping that much money knowing it wasn't mine.

how would he have been caught unless there is some tracking device or something..also they should give him a reward

how would he have been caught unless there is some tracking device or something..also they should give him a reward

i wouldve of kept it, if its a big corp's money

if it belonged to some one i would have given it back

the world is ugly, money rules everything and these banks have enough...actually too much

off of fees and everything...just cause your money is there that doesnt mean they dont use it

ive heard the life that these ceos have, even the analysts, what kind of parties they throw all expenses paid

woulda just kept it at home and spend it little by little

or find some way to exchange em

but, if it belonged to some one i would have given it back

i wouldve of kept it, if its a big corp's money

if it belonged to some one i would have given it back

the world is ugly, money rules everything and these banks have enough...actually too much

off of fees and everything...just cause your money is there that doesnt mean they dont use it

ive heard the life that these ceos have, even the analysts, what kind of parties they throw all expenses paid

woulda just kept it at home and spend it little by little

or find some way to exchange em

but, if it belonged to some one i would have given it back

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

pimp.gif

respect.
although
laugh.gif
@ you if you thought i would be giving that !*@+ back.
Bills need to be paid

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

pimp.gif

respect.
although
laugh.gif
@ you if you thought i would be giving that !*@+ back.
Bills need to be paid

those bills are marked, so you would have been caught if you tried to use them.

Back
Top Bottom