How Many of You Have Actually Experienced "The One Who Got Away....?"

Yeah. She knows it and I know it. We talk about it. Bad timing. Didn't realize the feelings at first. Then I had a girl when she was free. She had a man when I was free. And now she's married lol. We still kick it though. I remember once while she had been with her man who she eventually married for like four years she hit me up talking about deading him but only if it was for the right person. She basically put the ball in my court. But I was an undergrad in college at the time and she went to another school. Didn't have the heart to ruin a 4 year relationship and settling down in a long distance relationship was just not the move for me. Ah well, I guess fate had/has other things in mind for me
ohwell.gif

Yeah, time heals everything. 
I got my ex on my mind all day...
I found a new chick though and she's 10x what my ex used to be but she got a boo too..
sad but this new girl is so perfect for me but we will never be.

For those thinking about calling your ex's back up...
Don't do it.  It makes you look like you haven't moved on.
But maybe that risk can turn into a spark...
and you can just go back to normal... dinners, movies, hanging out, living life.
But don't be fooled... stuff like this don't usually work out.
I don't know... I guess it depends on the situation.

frown.gif
moved and just didn't stay in touch, tried to talk to her again but feel like she just playing me etc(not replying to some text) so took the L

I experienced exactly what you described OP and as far as timing it couldn't happen at a worst possible time. I was basically barely surviving at that point in my life, on a just happy to have a meal tip ...... Like if I would've met her today I could see chapel bells in our future even though I've never been about that marriage life, but being with her completely changed my perspective and preferences that I currently have in women ... Every once in a while I feel tempted to call her and it's weird in the six years since we've met her number (cell) is the same while mine has changed more times than I can remember

I feel like I'm under a spell. My mind hasn't been right in almost a year. I'm just waiting for the day where I'm just free from all pain and can just live my life without an everyday struggle thinking about her

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

*embeds Erykah Badu's Next Lifetime to automatically play in this thread*
Basically sums it up for me 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
i dont even have one that got away and that song always puts me in my feelings
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Situations like that usually revolve around the idea of ''what could have been'' instead of the actual woman herself...

...ie, it's all in your mind my dude - if it was meant to be, it would've been.

AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

The reality is never as incredible as the fantasy homie. I've lost contact with an amazing woman or two but EVERYTHING happens for a reason.

mines hasn't gotten away she just stays too far for me to keep a long distance relationship with her but if I can get to her I'd be truly happy

Not gonna lie I've been this guy years ago and never thought I would get over her. Got a new girl I've had for 2 years now and she is a million times better, you can always find someone else.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Situations like that usually revolve around the idea of ''what could have been'' instead of the actual woman herself...

...ie, it's all in your mind my dude - if it was meant to be, it would've been.

AlonzoMourningThinks.gif
damn, just broke up with my girl yesterday (breakup was goin on for about 2 months...long distance) very true.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

*embeds Erykah Badu's Next Lifetime to automatically play in this thread*
Basically sums it up for me 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
i dont even have one that got away and that song always puts me in my feelings
laugh.gif

Is it better to have never felt that way about someone?
I have never loved any of my girlfriends. Although I might have told them different.

How ironic that I've been feeling this way about an old friend back in the 9th/10th grade. I let her go by hooking up with my ex, hardly paying attention to her once I was simping over my ex. Time passed by, she moved on with her life, joined the marines a year ago, and stationed in Okinawa. She came up in my mind a lot once I realized what an idiot I was to blow her off just like that over a chick, and now I regret it to the fullest.
tired.gif

Worst %@@$ is that karma kicked in. I tried to contact her through Facebook on how I should meet up with her in Okinawa (was planning the trip) and she responds with "I'm engaged", and how she hardly has time for visitors.
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Not gonna lie, I felt like an idiot. What goes around comes around, I guess. /shrug

Back
Top Bottom