How many of yall actually own your place

fam owns two pads, thankfully we can handle mortgage for both.

I'd hope to do the same after getting my degree and career startd.

Originally Posted by DimSum9

fam owns two pads,

same here, they rent it out to my cousin though so it's like a small second income in a way.
I was hoping his bum tail would of moved out by now so I can move in. but 600 for 3 beds 2 baths....I wouldn't want to leave either

*random*
When did NT start sending out emails when people reply to a thread you've posted in.....how do I turn this crap off?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by DimSum9

fam owns two pads,

I was hoping his bum tail would of moved out by now so I can move in.

laugh.gif

and the price too, only family would do that.

-im getting the stupid emails to my other email. I think you turn it off in the top section from Account.

I own my own home.  Well, to be perfectly frank, I have a mortgage so the bank owns about half.

i knew it would mainly be the older NTer's...how old were you?
I'd hate to be renting in my 30s

My family has been renting for the past 20 years. Im 20 years old now, so i'll be moving out on my own soon and hope to eventually own something. Our building is rent controlled and we pay $720 a month for a two bedroom apartment in Astoria,Queens. The same exact apartment as mine in my building is costing new renters $1700 a month and the rest of Astoria is like this as well. The cheapest two bedroom apartment ive seen was for like $1500. I dont see my parents ever owning anything.

You cant buy a house in Astoria for less than $500,000 and thats a run down house. Unless you get SUPER lucky. Its just really too expensive.

I plan on leaving NYC and moving to ATL thats where I can get more bang for my buck a half mill in NYC is a alright crib

A nice 3 or 4 bedroom around my way is 90k to 110k.
I'm saving up for a down payment now.
I'm going to rent it out.
I'm 18.

I bought my first house when I was 22. I ended up getting a job in another city 2 years later and had to sell. It was in front of a park, I miss that house. I bought another one when my first one sold. I am 26 now. Renting is way more worry free but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I bought my first house when I was 22. I ended up getting a job in another city 2 years later and had to sell. It was in front of a park, I miss that house. I bought another one when my first one sold. I am 26 now. Renting is way more worry free but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Just wondering...I was looking on msn this morning at America's 5 most expensive homes, and thinking I hope I can own a home by the time I'm in my late 20's
by 'own' do you mean have a down payment on a house and be paying on the mortgage or do you mean actually 'own' the home...i.e. done paying off all of the interest and mortgage payments? if it's the former, then i have similar aspirations, but the latter is a little idealistic in my opinion.

btw, i'm 23 and renting at the moment. live in a 2br apartment with my bro and i'm saving up quite a bit. i would consider putting a down payment on a house if i weren't planning on going back to school next year (not sure what city i'll be living in yet). i hope to start looking for homes once i get out of school and settle into my career...maybe a year or two after grad school, but the sooner the better.

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

Just wondering...I was looking on msn this morning at America's 5 most expensive homes, and thinking I hope I can own a home by the time I'm in my late 20's
by 'own' do you mean have a down payment on a house and be paying on the mortgage or do you mean actually 'own' the home...i.e. done paying off all of the interest and mortgage payments? if it's the former, then i have similar aspirations, but the latter is a little idealistic in my opinion.

btw, i'm 23 and renting at the moment. live in a 2br apartment with my bro and i'm saving up quite a bit. i would consider putting a down payment on a house if i weren't planning on going back to school next year (not sure what city i'll be living in yet). i hope to start looking for homes once i get out of school and settle into my career...maybe a year or two after grad school, but the sooner the better.

-waystinthyme

I mean having a house and paying the mortage. I highly doubt I'll be done with payments by then.
What I plan on doing is buying either these lofts I've been looking at they're around 150-200k....or a townhouse/condo keep it for a while because this area is really growing
Whenever I get married and have a family that should be all paid off by then and then I'll sell it for way more than I paid, as long as the growth continues like it is

Back
Top Bottom