How many of u dont like ur local teams???

Nope I like the teams I was born and raised on.

NFL: Oakland Raiders
NBA: Golden State Warriors
MLB: Oakland Athletics (even though I don't fallow baseball much anymore)
College: Cal Bears Football & Basketball
Pop Warner: San Leandro Crusaders

I even rock with the San Jose Sharks a little bit

I'm from L.A. and am not Laker fan, mainly because I've never liked Kobe. I am a big Clipper fan though. I'm not really into baseball, so I don't follow the Dodgers or Angels. Its not that I don't like either baseball team -- if I had to pick one I'd go with the Dodgers -- I'm just indifferent. Same story with the Kings in hockey and the Galaxy in soccer.

If we ever get a pro football team in LA again, I'd probably be a fan.

I'm from chicago and I don't like my local teams but I rooted for the teams the dad rooted for.

if you lived in the bay, ud understand how terrible the general pop is regarding sports...
then u have the fans of both teams, 9er/radier or sfg/oak
truly sad

there are a few diehards and fans with good knowledge base, but more often than not, they're just a poser who read the newest article to say, "brian wilson has more guts than stuff, huh?"
or i got this one after taylor's td in atl last week "thats why we kept mays!!!" #*!

Originally Posted by grusumm18

if you lived in the bay, ud understand how terrible the general pop is regarding sports...
truly sad

there are a few diehards and fans with good knowledge base, but more often than not, they're just a poser who read the newest article to say, "brian wilson has more guts than stuff, huh?"
or i got this one after taylor's td in atl last week "thats why we kept mays!!!" #*!
Sounds like that has more to do with the people you associate with than anything.

I've NEVER met a two way Niner/Raider fan. You'll see A's/Niner combos or Giants/Raiders but that just has to do with dudes being loyal to teams not cities.

Saying the general population here is terrible regarding sports is a straight up fallacy. Both the 49er and Raider fan bases are some of the most hardcore anywhere in any sport.

Baseball is ehh but the sport in general carries a far more casual fallowing here than on the east coast.

I've always liked the Niners before the Raiders, but I don't hate the Raiders at all. I never felt the need to hate one or the other; I'll always root for the Niners before the Raiders any day of the week though.

live in the Bay but i absolutely hate the Warriors.. 
Chuck & KJ put me on the Suns early 
pimp.gif

9ers & Giants are good in my book.

btw, i always found it weird how the majority of the Bay are either: 9ers/A's & Raiders/Giants.. whats up with that?  
laugh.gif

Live in LA and root for the Dodgers and Lakers, but with no football team i roll with Moss

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

truly sad

Sounds like that has more to do with the people you associate with than anything.

I've NEVER met a two way Niner/Raider fan. You'll see A's/Niner combos or Giants/Raiders but that just has to do with dudes being loyal to teams not cities.

Saying the general population here is terrible regarding sports is a straight up fallacy. Both the 49er and Raider fan bases are some of the most hardcore anywhere in any sport.

Baseball is ehh but the sport in general carries a far more casual fallowing here than on the east coast.
Nah, I see where he's going with the "general population doesn't know $%*@" bit. I know way too many Raider and Niner fans alike who don't know $%*@ about the teams, but act like they are the most hardcore fans on the planet. I feel like in the Bay Area, those types are the majority, and it's quite sad. Don't get me wrong though, I still know plenty of good fans for both teams.

Bay Area fans can be wishy-washy as hell too. Its sickening how many FB posts I've seen about "LETS GO GIANTS" when I hadn't seen them post $%*@ about the team before September 28th.

Only Raiders/A's/Sharks. Ended up liking the Lakers when I was a kid because of Eddie Jones.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

truly sad

Nah, I see where he's going with the "general population doesn't know $%*@" bit. I know way too many Raider and Niner fans alike who don't know $%*@ about the teams, but act like they are the most hardcore fans on the planet. I feel like in the Bay Area, those types are the majority, and it's quite sad. Don't get me wrong though, I still know plenty of good fans for both teams.

Bay Area fans can be wishy-washy as hell too. Its sickening how many FB posts I've seen about "LETS GO GIANTS" when I hadn't seen them post $%*@ about the team before September 28th.
I see what you're saying but if you ask me the majority of sports fan in any city are casual opposed to being serious sports fans.

I'm starting to despise the SF Giants..... mainly cuz of the amazing bandwagoning of 99% of the population here
30t6p3b.gif

i like the Lakers and LA Kings and feel indifferent towards the Dodgers and Clippers.

the Doyers fanbase for the most part is a general annoyance to me though

lived in austin my whole life and i hate the longhorns, cowboys, mavricks and dislike the spurs.

lived in austin my whole life and i hate the longhorns, cowboys, mavricks and dislike the spurs.

I totally dislike the Yankees. I don't watch NHL. I like to watch Giants games because of Bradshaw and Nicks.

Love the Mets, Knicks, Jets, and Cyclones.

Back
Top Bottom