How many "classic" albums in hip-hop have there been in the past 10-12 years or so? Name two...

400 Degreez
It's Dark & Hell is Hot
Blueprint
Get Rich or Die Tryin
Food & Liquor (Leaked Version)

Honorable Mention:
Q-Tip The Renaissance

slum2.jpg

&
blu-exile-below-the-heavens.jpg

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

400 Degreez... the only thing I felt went wrong with that album was putting Jay on the Ha remix. He totally f***ed it up... other than that, pretty much the perfect album to me.

QFT... I heard that +%@@ and just
smh.gif
That's why cam deleted his verse on oh boy
laugh.gif
umm if it wasn't for jay-z on da remix NYC would've never cared about cash money...funny i copped that album and da insert got da jay-zfeature BLOWN UP HUGE in BOLD TEXT
laugh.gif

seriously? page 5 and no mention of this one? this is always one of the first i think of

e19991.jpg

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

a-long-hot-summer.jpg

I know some will disagree, but this is his best album, hands down. IMO, it's the best story of the underground rapper's plight, and one of the best concept albums in hip-hop history. A lot of "underground" cats come off as bitter as hell, but Ace is just real as *%@* on this. Great production, great concept, great execution.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by belle155

seriously? page 5 and no mention of this one? this is always one of the first i think of

e19991.jpg

pimp.gif
your from the Land of course you remember it....it is dope though. And only on NT do people constantly argue about Jay and his classics. In thereal world I don't think I've ever heard anyone say BP is not a classic

Originally Posted by ninjahood

400 Degreez... the only thing I felt went wrong with that album was putting Jay on the Ha remix. He totally f***ed it up... other than that, pretty much the perfect album to me.

smh.gif
laugh.gif
umm if it wasn't for jay-z on da remix NYC would've never cared about cash money...funny i copped that album and da insert got da jay-z feature BLOWN UP HUGE in BOLD TEXT
laugh.gif
Who gives a +!#+ if NYC would've never cared about it?

Fact is, I'm a huge Jay fan, and that track was the worse on the album.

Jay mailed it in on that one.

Originally Posted by belle155

e19991.jpg

pimp.gif
he said last 10-12 years and this joint is like 1995....without a doubt a classic but not for this discussion

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

We tossing around classic like blowjob betty
Anyone posting ANY Lil' Wayne loses all credibility.

Stillmatic is borderline classic. You can make an argument for or against.
Blueprint is classic imo. I find it hard to disagree.
Vol. 2 is not classic. It's a good album, not even close to a classic though.

College Dropout is a modern classic.

Originally Posted by dreClark

smh.gif
laugh.gif
umm if it wasn't for jay-z on da remix NYC would've never cared about cash money...funny i copped that album and da insert got da jay-z feature BLOWN UP HUGE in BOLD TEXT
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
ninjahood's NY bias does not compute.

Seriously though, 400 Degreez is a better album than any hip-hop elitist will probably tell you it is.

its a southern classic for sure but i don't know if ill call it one of the classic hip hop albums of the past 10-12 yrs

smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Cash Money gave a +$%@. It's why they aligned themselves with the biggest NYC artist of that time. And it worked. They made a lot moremoney from that.

things fall apart.
miseducation
be
college dropout

honestly though, things fall apart and miseducation are probably as classic as it gets in the last 10-12 years. theyre both musically beautiful albums. CD/beapproach that same level of musical beauty.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
ninjahood's NY bias does not compute.

Seriously though, 400 Degreez is a better album than any hip-hop elitist will probably tell you it is.

For reals, I don't give a $#*% how much of a Jay fan anybody is...
...for someone who is supposed to be one of the best ever, he is not supposed to drop easily the worst verse on that album. Like... how do you have the worstverse on an album that has Baby featured on it?

Back
Top Bottom