How Many Balling Shoes Do You Need?

i have about 6 pairs of kobe ivs that are in my rotation now...i do agree that they decompress after a few days....maybe that is why mine have never"bottomed-out"...

Originally Posted by size twelve

i dunno why, it's hard for me to ball if i'm not matching.

so yeah, as long as i got a shoe on deck in every possible tb color, i'm good.

(shrugs)
dude, you aint the only one....... it really bothers me if i dont match when i ball....... shoot it bothers me if i dont match period.

Enrique: I think he was talking about the shoe in general......lol......well i at least hope he was cause i hate that colorway.

3 pairs, Inside: Flight clubs, Commanders, Huarache 2k5. On deck: "Last shot" XIVs, CDP Xs Outside: Hyperdunks. Sometimes I think I have too many toplay in

Usually 1 indoor and 1 outdoor. But lately Ive been buying shoes to use after my current ones wear out. But the thing is. i dont play as much as i used to
ohwell.gif

all im using right now are blackout kobe iiis

occasionally ill break out a pair from my closet for no good reason but the zk3 is my go to show for ball

Currently I use:

- 1 pair of ZK4 ID's for indoor
- 1 pair of ZK4 inlines for outdoor

Also have the black/black LBJ VI's for indoor but haven't used them in my rotation for months. Team has recently switched to red jerseys, so nowI'm hunting a pair of red/black based colourway shoe - I need help.

I find it hard to "rotate" my shoes because if I find one that I love I don't want to play in anything else.

Right now I have Huarache 64s, TS Creators, and ZoomBBs. The ZoomBBs just blow the Huaraches out of the water in every way, so I never have cause to wear the64s anymore. I guess sometimes the TS might come into play if I'm looking for a higher court feel, but I don't know why I would want that. I takeballin' pretty seriously so I see no reason to pass up on the best shoe I can wear in favor of another one.

dude, i haven't played all summer. i'm 27 play in three leagues and some open gyms now. the gf hates it. i copped soldier III's this summer andthey are not even worn out, i just had this itch to get some new shoes to play in. something about learning how a new pair performs on the court that is likegetting with a new chick. yes the addiction is that bad. thank god for the 30% at outlets. i "controlled" myself into getting the 2009 jordans in thehall of fame colorway. can't wait to play tuesday or wed.

Originally Posted by brokensound1

1 indoors and 1 outdoors. The outdoors one is the beater.

Exactly what I do. Break out one pair, wear it till it gets a little messed up. Then use that one for outdoor games and bring in a new shoe for indoors. Whenthe outdoor shoe gives out or the indoor one gets used, you do it all over again.

2 is all you need.

I really only need just one pair.

From the year 2004 til now I've only been through...

Jordan Team Elite 1 Low
Jordan XIX - East
Zoom Kobe 1 - All Star
HyperDunk - Wht/Red/Blk - (Current balling shoes)

I have ALWAYS since the XIX put the Blue athletic insole from Finish Line in my shoes. Helps a LOT.

I truly only need one pair but I rotate between three primarily: black BBI's, navy/white BBI's and white (w. black PL) ID BB2s. Only play indoors these days, knees and back can't take concrete/asphalt anymore.

The blk BBI's and BBIIs are great because they are neutral and match everything. And the white/navy BBI's work because 75% of my balling gear is white/navy/grey.

Between old team shoes, ones I use for outdoor, and ones I used for indoor ball and the the leagues I play in...I have about 10-15 pair of hoopin' shoes,I'd love to have more, though.

Lately its been strictly Zoom Flight Clubs and Zoom Kobe IVs. But some of my old standbys and favorites are Jordans: AJ 14, AJ 21, AJ 22.

I'm typically trying out some newer stuff...

but i always have some stuff that i go back to...

not sure how many pairs i play in, lately its been in phases Kb 4s for awhile, MVPs...etc

I think two pairs is good enough, one for indoor, and one for outdoor. I usually wear my newer pair indoors, since the concrete will wear them out faster.Right now, I'm using the Shox BB4 and the Zoom 96s.

My addiction will never stop until I'm an embarrassment to the game. I need an all black pair, an all white pair, a white & navy pair & somethingwith Carolina blue in it. And at least two of each, one pair for indoor & one pair for out door.

really depends on how much balling you do, when i played in university i had a rotation of 8-10 pairs just because of how much we practice n played, but nowthe rotation is 1-5 pairs

Originally Posted by toosmoove29

My addiction will never stop until I'm an embarrassment to the game. I need an all black pair, an all white pair, a white & navy pair & something with Carolina blue in it. And at least two of each, one pair for indoor & one pair for out door.
you already are, time to quit

just playing with you man. seriously though, i never wear all black shoes, so i try to keep two pairs of shoes in the rotation. either a white/red orwhite/blue. that way i can match no matter what the color the team i'm playing with is.

all i need it one pair. once the traction starts wearing down hit up the outlet for a new pair of hoop shoes!

Back
Top Bottom