How good is Monta Ellis really?

3900stabler

Supporter
 He is a great offensive player but whenever I watch him play I see a whole lot of antawn jamison. By that I mean a guy that can put up great numbers but will get you no where. I know he plays in the West which is a lot deeper than the East but this is his 6th year in the L and I'm waiting for him to take that next step as the best player on the team to at least make the warriors more competitive than they are. They got a nice young player in curry and west down low. Wright is having the best year of his career and yet they are 12th in the standings. 

He is a great offensive player but whenever I watch him play I see a whole lot of antawn jamison. By that I mean a guy that can put up great numbers but will get you no where. I know he plays in the West which is a lot deeper than the East but this is his 6th year in the L and I'm waiting for him to take that next step as the best player on the team to at least make the warriors more competitive than they are. They got a nice young player in curry and west down low. Wright is having the best year of his career and yet they are 12th in the standings. 

He's a very good player, but he can't do it on his own. Look at the pieces around him. Playing in GS great for guys putting up #'s, but doesn't really translate in the "W" column.

He's a very good player, but he can't do it on his own. Look at the pieces around him. Playing in GS great for guys putting up #'s, but doesn't really translate in the "W" column.

He's taken strides as a leader and making this his team. Allowing himself to co-exist with Curry will help his career, too.

Winner? Probably not. Seems, unfortunately, he'll always come up short in that area.

He's taken strides as a leader and making this his team. Allowing himself to co-exist with Curry will help his career, too.

Winner? Probably not. Seems, unfortunately, he'll always come up short in that area.

If Curry, Lee, and Biedrins were healthy I think they'd be in the hunt for the 7 or 8 seed in the West. But I can see Monta having a Jamal Crawford type career where he doesn't get on a winner until later in his career.

If Curry, Lee, and Biedrins were healthy I think they'd be in the hunt for the 7 or 8 seed in the West. But I can see Monta having a Jamal Crawford type career where he doesn't get on a winner until later in his career.

He's one hell of a chuck... I can't help but think how nasty he'd look coming off someone's bench as a sixth man on a championship contender.

He's one hell of a chuck... I can't help but think how nasty he'd look coming off someone's bench as a sixth man on a championship contender.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

From a basketball standpoint, maybe my least favorite player in the league. I hate everything about his game.
really?!?!
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CarolCitysFinest

just a jr smith that gets minutes.

?
He's a good player on a bad team.  It would help his case if Curry could stay on the floor instead of committing stupid fouls every night
mad.gif

Originally Posted by CarolCitysFinest

just a jr smith that gets minutes.

?
He's a good player on a bad team.  It would help his case if Curry could stay on the floor instead of committing stupid fouls every night
mad.gif

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

By that I mean a guy that can put up great numbers but will get you no where.
Welcome to the world of per game statistics. Numbers that don't tell you a whole lot above production.

By other measures, Monta is an above-average offensive player, and a crappy defender. He's an above average player overall, but not someone who adds as much value to a team as other players in the league.

Back
Top Bottom