How go I gain 20/20 vision?

you tried drinking unicorn blood? 
grin.gif

You're slightly mixing your terms but you probably mean that you want to reduce your refractive error (the amount of correction you need to focus your eyes) rather than just see 20/20 - which isn't actually that good nowadays.

Originally Posted by LakerNation

It's actualy possible. Alot of people have had success improving their vision with this book

Amazon product ASIN 1556436777
I dont know if you'll get 20/20 vision but it seems like you can improve your vision by doing those exercises.
Unfortunately all that stuff is just hocus pocus. I've sat through countless seminars and workshops where people have been saying that they've improved their eyesight - but all they've done is got used to a level of blurriness - and after a while you get better at making out blurry letters (there was a really good Australian study done a few years ago on that) so they think their vision is improving.

No-one has ever managed to prove that they have reduced their myopia - they just tolerate a weaker lens.

Fade On You wrote:
Think about it real hard all day everyday and after about a week you'll convince yourself its better.
That's about what it comes down to.

It has nothing to do with strengthening muscles or anything like that - there aren't any muscles that have any effect on distance vision with the correct spectacle correction.

There is some evidence around some types of spectacle lens (and probably soon to be contact lenses) that stop the progression of myopia - but you need to do that in your teenage years - you can't undo the changes but you can stop them happening in the first place.

So, you either need glasses or contact lenses or you'll just have to manage as you are.

You're slightly mixing your terms but you probably mean that you want to reduce your refractive error (the amount of correction you need to focus your eyes) rather than just see 20/20 - which isn't actually that good nowadays.

It's actualy possible. Alot of people have had success improving their vision with this book

I dont know if you'll get 20/20 vision but it seems like you can improve your vision by doing those exercises.
Unfortunately all that stuff is just hocus pocus. I've sat through countless seminars and workshops where people have been saying that they've improved their eyesight - but all they've done is got used to a level of blurriness - and after a while you get better at making out blurry letters (there was a really good Australian study done a few years ago on that) so they think their vision is improving.

No-one has ever managed to prove that they have reduced their myopia - they just tolerate a weaker lens.

Fade On You wrote:
Think about it real hard all day everyday and after about a week you'll convince yourself its better.

It has nothing to do with strengthening muscles or anything like that - there aren't any muscles that have any effect on distance vision with the correct spectacle correction.

There is some evidence around some types of spectacle lens (and probably soon to be contact lenses) that stop the progression of myopia - but you need to do that in your teenage years - you can't undo the changes but you can stop them happening in the first place.

So, you either need glasses or contact lenses or you'll just have to manage as you are.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Fade On You wrote:

Well, I've been wearing glasses since I was about 7. You're basically saying that I'm ***#$# then, right?

Originally Posted by kdawg

Fade On You wrote:

Well, I've been wearing glasses since I was about 7. You're basically saying that I'm ***#$# then, right?

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Basically.

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Basically.

Back
Top Bottom