How do you tell somone you're cool with you are dating their ex???

The title speaks for itself but I will give you some background tho.  Havent posted in years but I figured Niketalk always gives entertaining advice.  So I've known the girl for years.  Shes about to be wifey now and I have actually known her longer than I have known her ex.  They were together about 2 years ago. But the problem is he is good friends with my bestfriend, so he and I are cool. 

He lives in another state now but we do fantasy basketball, fantasy football, and are friends on Twitter and all that crap.  So its weird because I dont see him but he's still around in some ways.  We dont have each others number or anyting.  But if I ran into him while on a date with my main squeeze that could be weird.  So should I tell dude or should I just let him find out?  And if I should tell him how?

Ya'll arent really all that cool so I don't see why not but me personally I wouldn't date a chick that used to date any dude I knew

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

I couldnt wife a girl my guy smashed.
how old are you?

I wouldn't go outta my way to tell him OP. It's not really a big deal...especially 2 years ago

Originally Posted by J23S

Ya'll arent really all that cool so I don't see why not but me personally I wouldn't date a chick that used to date any dude I knew

If he dont love her and dont give a %!@% then i will smash.

I'd smash, but I couldnt wife a girl my guy smashed.

fixed.
& dudes that do this (wife a friends ex) seem super desperate to me.. your boy already kicked her to the curb and you're willing to pick up the left overs? 
laugh.gif

Find out why they broke up. Who broke up with who and all that. If the break up seems mutual or he initiated it then you should be in the clear. Even if yall are cool but not that tight it's just a nice formality to let him know whats going on. (Note I said let him know, not ask for his permission)

If she dumped him then you might want to evaluate who you value more in your life. If he doesn't want to be cool with you over some dumb %*#+ like this then he's probably not worth your time anyway. Too many girls out there to be hung up on one after this long..

if he is your boy then NO i wouldnt even touch her no matter how long its been since they were together but if he's a friend of a friend and y’all really dont talk by all means OP do your thing. just man up and tell him whats going on between you and her and just maybe he might not care if its been that long. its not like they just broke up last night.

ohwell.gif
proper english wrote:

fixed.
& dudes that do this (wife a friends ex) seem super desperate to me.. your boy already kicked her to the curb and you're willing to pick up the left overs? 
laugh.gif

Lol, never desperate bro.  When I met her I didnt even know dude.  She was a girl that was cool that had a boyfriend.  It just so happened that I later found out her boyfriend was friend with my mans.  2 years later he and I are cool and her and I fall into our situation. 

I wont lie, I usually do feel funny about wifing chicks other dudes have slept with.  But i'm 26 years old a bunch of dudes done wifed chicks I smashed at this point.  The older you get the harder it gets to find a good one.  Sometimes the good ones may have dated someone you know.  If you let something as trivial as an ex-boyfriend keep you from a good girl then you might end up lonley.  A chick I smashed on a Saturday afternoon in her living room just got married this past weekend.  I bet you her husband is happy though
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Find out why they broke up. Who broke up with who and all that. If the break up seems mutual or he initiated it then you should be in the clear. Even if yall are cool but not that tight it's just a nice formality to let him know whats going on. (Note I said let him know, not ask for his permission)

If she dumped him then you might want to evaluate who you value more in your life. If he doesn't want to be cool with you over some dumb %*#+ like this then he's probably not worth your time anyway. Too many girls out there to be hung up on one after this long..
This is actually pretty good thanks man.  I found out why they broke up and all that.  But yeah out of a courtesy I was thinking maybe I would bring it up to him.  Just because we're cool cool.

Actually, no, I disagree with finding out the circumstances behind the break-up. It really doesn't matter why they broke up.

Nothing should stop you from getting with this girl if you really like her. But if it bothers you that much, you should tell him yourself.

Originally Posted by proper english

fixed.
laugh.gif

but how do you know he kicked her to the curb? what if it was mutual?

Originally Posted by FrankyBaby

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

This is actually pretty good thanks man.  I found out why they broke up and all that.  But yeah out of a courtesy I was thinking maybe I would bring it up to him.  Just because we're cool cool.

You're a good dude for that...
Most people wouldn't give a ^&$&....
Since you aren't close friends with him I don't see a problem with it...
But if I was in this situation I would do exactly what you're thinking...
Just get in contact with him and let him know...
I'm sure he would appreciate it/ respect it...

normally i would say dont tell him, cuz he isnt one of your close homies....

BUT

You dont want him air'n out his Ex with nudes, on Twitter, Facebook etc... or talkin about how he had this ex that use to tickle his coin purse with her tongue.

Back
Top Bottom