How do you store your sneakers?

Originally Posted by smoove

Where do you guys buy the silica packs from? I'm having a hard time finding locally.

Peace

Just about everything you buy today that is in a box contains a few silica packs. If you need more then a handful you can order them from amazon and what not...google 'em.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by jvaldez

I stock my DS pairs in a dark closet, smoke free room,silica packs inside the shoe, and ziploc bag them (double ziploc on icy or white white midsole shoes). Everyday I choose a shoe to display on my desk so I can rotate them for fresh air. As for my use ones, I dont use ziplocs for they will crack faster.

good to know. so better to leave them out of ziplock bags once they're used...

Originally Posted by oakcliff2345

Mr 718 where did you purchase the plastic containers
the container store.  if you want to preserve your shoes, these are the ONLY way to go. 
ziplocs are bad for air units. too much silica packs dries out leather.

the mens shoe box is not an air tight seal... and i still have olives form 06' and infrareds from 00' that are icy as feck

I never saw what the point of putting them in a ziplock was if you're leaving the bag open? Lol? I just keep mine in my closet with a silica packs in the the ones I don't want to yellow and take the paper out of all of them.

I always keep my shoes in zip lock bags with 2 silica packs inside. Then I put back into the box and store in a cool dark closet.

only thing thats in those clear containers are my concords. wish i wouldve started the method when i got my cool grey and sj.. but it seems to be working just fine, my concords sole are still hella icy blue and i sure hope for them to stay that way.

Cool dry place with no light. Wrapped in the original paper and like wayne141 said u gotta rock em!

thecontainerstore.com is the place to get the shoe plastic bins.

PE/Samples/Tier 0/Luxury brands in plastic boxes.
The GR's in factory boxes stacked on top of each other, Ninjahood style.

They're just shoes. 
laugh.gif
 @ people putting GR's in plastic boxes.

you gotta keep em up off the floor if you are below ground level, lost a few pairs when my basement apt flooded a few years back

I'm starting a display in my home office. I have a very modest collection being as I started back into my collecting last year sometime... Pictured are just some of my favorites... This is just stage 1, I have more shelves and shoes to put up

for those of you who keep them on shelves for display like that, i bet you guys have to dust them on a weekly basis right? after a while the dust will leave a nice film on top of your collection. they certainly look better than looking at black/grey/orange boxes but the maintenance must be a hassle. just curious.

btw, i store mine in their boxes, no paper.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

for those of you who keep them on shelves for display like that, i bet you guys have to dust them on a weekly basis right? after a while the dust will leave a nice film on top of your collection. they certainly look better than looking at black/grey/orange boxes but the maintenance must be a hassle. just curious.

btw, i store mine in their boxes, no paper.
That is probably the case, considering dust gets on everything else in here lol... I'll update you once mine have sat for a while... 

Back
Top Bottom