how do you organize your itunes? Folders/Playlists etc..

Well when i import iTunes automatically makes a duplicate copy of the song. from there i adjust the album title and artist and song, year, album artwork ect. check your preferences and see what they say

if you have like 8 album covers for the same album you may wanna go in highlight all the songs on that album and be sure that they have the same album artist/artist. best of luck i know its a task but its nice when u get it done

my itunes is a damn mess

i got thousands of songs that cant be located (even though they are somewhere in my comp still)

is there any EASY way to fix that?

Take your time and organize each and every song 1 by 1, don't download any new songs until you have everything organized.
I usually only put the name of the album, album, art, album artist.

My iTunes is pristine .
pimp.gif

I organize mine as if I was to go into a record store and look for an album. Make sure all the featurings are taken off the artist name and put into the song title so I don't have Jay-Z as an artist and then Jay-Z featuring whoever as an artists. That's beyond frustrating. Then once you get your current library in order then just make sure every time you add something new that it's cataloged properly. I want to look at it like I look at my CD collection, alphabetical and easy to locate a CD in seconds. 

Got crazy iTunes OCD. I organize by artist, if there's someone featured in the song I'll add the [Featuring ___]. Album names, cover art, year released, etc. I like to add my own genre too, I'll make up some dumb names for that &*%^.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Take your time and organize each and every song 1 by 1, don't download any new songs until you have everything organized.
I usually only put the name of the album, album, art, album artist.
This. It's time consuming but worth it

I also add year
-add features to the name of the track not under artist name
-Make sure to drop any music to my music folder on my PC before I drag it into itunes. So I don't have to worry about my itunes missing the files if I move the original folder/files

dr9ocl.jpg

The whole reason i started to organize my music was because I knew one day when I get an iPhone I wanted to look like the ones in the commercials
laugh.gif
. It irks me having a song without the album artwork or when people download a song and it's written like tHiS!

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NyZiNFaMoUs

The whole reason i started to organize my music was because I knew one day when I get an iPhone I wanted to look like the ones in the commercials
laugh.gif
. It irks me having a song without the album artwork or when people download a song and it's written like tHiS!

pimp.gif
A thousand cool points for you having Camp lo's album on there.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

my father!!Oh and think of ur itunes as a reflection of u.... Put everything into folders.... I'll post a pic in a sec

Originally Posted by Miniojw

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
A thousand cool points for you having Camp lo's album on there.
Luchini 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

my itunes is a damn mess

i got thousands of songs that cant be located (even though they are somewhere in my comp still)

is there any EASY way to fix that?

not sure if you're using windows or osx, but it's under organize files>consolidate library. mind you, this will only work under certain circumstances. chances are you'll have to grab all of your music files, reimport, and rename the right way like I was forced to do many eons ago. it sucks but is worth it in the long run brel

my playlists by category.
by albums.
other than that there are still so many songs i'm trying to locate in the folder and in the itunes
mad.gif

one folder all in all for the itunes music though..

I have iTunes make duplicates of the music I add so I have all my music stored in one place. Right now I'm sitting at around 60 gbs and I think I have about 70% of the music organized to my liking. Its an ongoing battle because I'm adding new music almost weekly and update that but at the same time its usually at the expense of organizing my older stuff. I keep saying one of these days I'll finish up but I never do...but one of these days...

i got a songs from the same album but sometimes its splits it up and there are 2 of the same album cover with 4 songs or so and not under the same one. help me!

In my itunes the first letter of a word has to be capital doesn't matter even if its like "of." I don't care for pictures or years thats too much. If I don't know the title of the album I just put Unknown the features have to be in the title of the song not in the artist name. Make sure every song is at 100% and if its an album it has to be gapless. Just do it every time you add a new song or album. Stop being lazysauce.

Back
Top Bottom